Loyals Stay in Inventory

Many of my resetting loyals never fall out of my inventory, which I much prefer.  I can drop some of them with selfishness up, and with others, I must take it down.  I rather like the variable nature of how loyals treat selfishness, as it's often appropriately applied - my falcon can be dropped without selfishness, while my little swallow can't.  I'd like that to remain the same, but I wish loyals didn't fall out of my inventory when I leave the realms, and I imagine many others might feel the same way, judging by complaints about mounts/pets.  I actually enjoy seeing people's "collections", but is there a compelling reason that my mounts and other sundry creatures need to spam someone if I leave the realms with them in my inventory?  My own menagerie isn't too big, but the silliness of mounts falling out of inventories has been brought up many times in particular, but still doesn't appear to be listed.  Would be nice/tidy/streamlined if all resetting loyals didn't fall out of inventories (just as some already do not).

Comments

• I noticed a grey cockatiel doesn't drop when you die/quit, but things like cubs do. Is that just an oversight?

i'm a rebel

• This would be an awesome fix for dragon/knights with collared falcons. As is, they reset to you, and you can't sanctuary them in dragon, so you have to lesser before you log out to be sure you're not going to drop it.

I'd also appreciate less mount/pet spam.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Lambivalent approves, as it would mean less dropping from my inventory and being turned into lamb chop then mailed back to me with a taunting letter. You know who you are!

Also, for everyone that wants to walk through city streets without having to avoid stepping on mountains of mounts and mini-pets, please. I do think that mini-pets used to stay in your inventory on QQ/death as some of the older ones (the kittens, puppies, etc) do, I'm really not sure what was the point of that change.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia

Katzchen said:
    This would be an awesome fix for dragon/knights with collared falcons. As is, they reset to you, and you can't sanctuary them in dragon, so you have to lesser before you log out to be sure you're not going to drop it.

My falcon's been collared for ten years and he's never reset to me. And anyone higher rank than you in your Org can falcon sanctuary your falcon.

Just sanctuary your falcon before you dragonform? o.O
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited February 2014
    Kyrra said:

Katzchen said:
    This would be an awesome fix for dragon/knights with collared falcons. As is, they reset to you, and you can't sanctuary them in dragon, so you have to lesser before you log out to be sure you're not going to drop it.

My falcon's been collared for ten years and he's never reset to me. And anyone higher rank than you in your Org can falcon sanctuary your falcon.

Just sanctuary your falcon before you dragonform? o.O
    Collared falcons do seem to reset. If yours doesn't, it sounds like you're lucky and bugged! Carmain and Vadimuses have both had issues with their falcons being left out because of this.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Odd. I would think the bug is things returning from sanctuary where they should stay.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Odd. I would think the bug is things returning from sanctuary where they should stay.
    Possibly, but I haven't encountered anyone who hasn't had this happen...

• Falcons still respond to ORDER commands when in dragonform so there's the potential to use your falcon in fights even as a dragon. Not a huge issue but still not something that really needs to be necessary.

I have no idea if it would still flee to your inventory if somebody tried to kill it, but if you have a collar on it then it's less of an issue if it did die.
  • Katzchen said:

Kyrra said:

Possibly, but I haven't encountered anyone who hasn't had this happen...

Is it still happening? There was a "bug" where falcon sanctuary didn't work if your falcon was near starving, meaning the forced sanctuary when dragonforming would fail. That was fixed sometime last year though, not sure if the two were confused and it just seemed like the collar was causing it to reset from sanctuary.

Also odd that so many people would apparently have this problem but none would file a bug report about it.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Antonius, you can't force sanctuary on a falcon if the owner is still in the realms. I don't think it's just regarding dragons.

Falcons are still loyals so the ORDER commands make sense. I think it's a bit OP though because throwing off balance and stripping defs is a bit much, but before someone like Cooper chimes in, I don't do combat. 

• @Kyrra: The game forces falcon sanctuary automatically when you enter dragonform (you get the "You point off towards the horizon and whistle at your falcon." line or whatever it is, just before the dragonform completion one) because you're not supposed to have it available, that's what I was talking about in my previous post. Not forced sanctuary from another player. If it's later resetting due to the collar then it's a bug and somebody who can actually confirm it's happening needs to file it as one (I don't have a collar on my falcon so I can't). Dragon really is the only issue here; if it's resetting to your inventory while you're in lesserform you can just falcon sanctuary as you would normally when logging out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Antonius, thanks for clarifying. That makes a lot more sense. 

• I guess this does have at least one combat application (which the combatants no doubt already know) and aesthetic implication.  It would allow you to keep mounts in your inventory until needed (and then you'd drop them, which would look as ridiculous as it ever does).  This is already somewhat true, so long as your mounts have reset and you haven't died or left the realms, but would be much more true.  Big deal or no big deal?
  • Not really a big deal. Classes that are affected by mounts have ways to deal with them, and killing them is an option outside the arena.