The Education of Suffering

2»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    We can forget abotu the Aristata family.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Sherazad said:
    @Katzchen: Yeah, your development was pretty awesome considering your origins. xD I wish Tvistor was around to know her Maldaathi aunt? more.
    Tvistor has basically disowned the Xanatovs from what I can tell.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Wait, Tvistor is a Xanatov?!
  • Vasool said:
    Wait, Tvistor is a Xanatov?!
    Doesn't use the name. He's Kholm's son, who doesn't use it either.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• It's so weird to hear all these names I saw appearing a while ago becoming important.

I love that this is something the players came up with.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Vastel is distinctly Mhaldorian, one of the best-sounding names I've seen in Achaea, and I get to share a surname with Tirac.
    I win.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Katzchen said:
    Sherazad said:
    @Katzchen: Yeah, your development was pretty awesome considering your origins. xD I wish Tvistor was around to know her Maldaathi aunt? more.
    Tvistor has basically disowned the Xanatovs from what I can tell.
    I tease xD but, I don't know anything beyond him not using the Xanatov name. Shera isn't exactly into the majority of the Xanatovs these days and she uses a different family name but she hasn't really disowned the Xanatovs (don't really wanna share how).
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Jiraishin said:
    Vigo said:
     I don't know that I've met any Mhaldorian families yet, though I've noticed some of the matching surnames around town.
    Dracotalus, Coldraven, Lichlord, and Vastel were the original Mhaldorian families. Pretty sure there are one or two more Mhaldorian surnames that came later, but I can't remember them right now. Also, I'm not sure but I think De Soulis is Shayatin-specific.

More directly on topic, I liked the sermon a lot. I don't think that the youth or inexperience of your character was a problem at all, especially considering the sermon's content.

Aristata is also a Mhaldorian family. Very few active around now though since Gaillardia when dormant.

• Arador said:
    Aristata is also a Mhaldorian family. Very few active around now though since Gaillardia when dormant.
    Unfortunately true... :(
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π