A so-far poorly fleshed out class idea

So I was reading a thread in the 'theater and was struck by the realization that very few classes in Achaea could be categorized as "the brute" or a decidedly non-magical sort of warrior.

My idea is this: The Grunt

Their three abilities would be
-Brutality
-Wrestling
-Body art

Now I haven't got a full detailed list of what everything does, I'd like some help to flesh this idea out before I go to work tomorrow and lose my 4am creative momentum.

Brutality would pair up with weaponry, with a focus on power-based weapons like axes and such. Dual wielding would be absent, but one-handed weapons would serve a niche where some wrestling skills could be used with a single free hand. Emphasis would be placed on two-handed weapons and pole arms.

Some skills I thought of are:
-Berserk: a higher up or even trans skill. When activated, the grunt ignores all breaks (but has an increased bleed for every break and their levels) gets out of any condition that requires writhing, and gains a massive boost in damage. If afflicted with stupidity, they target anyone or anything in the room at random in place of the normal stupidity messages. While berserking, no tattoos can be touched, or any curatives used. It's all or nothing desperation.

-Spear snap: a polearm-exclusive followup to impale. Giving a use to lower quality weapons, the grunt pins the opponent in the ground, then snaps the spear. This prones them in addition to making them writhe from impale, and frees up the grunt's hands for wrestling. Permanent spears and artifacts can be used for this, but are dropped.

-Equalizer: Two-hander exclusive move. Through either slicing through armor, or heavily denting it, grunts can temperarily nullify their foe's armor bonus.

-Blackeye: strike to the eye that causes blindness.

-Groin shot: stuns and causes vomiting.

Wrestling relies on barehanded attacks, as well as hindering grabs and holds.

-brawler: Punch, Kick, and Headslam would get a buff. Headslam can be used while grappling someone.

Grapple: Works like a transfixion, but the "caster" cant do anything besides headslam, cancel the grapple, or apply a hold. Dexterity influences how hard a grapple is to escape from, while strength determine damage. Cannot be used on mounted foes.

-chokehold: like a strength-based kai choke that requires both people to be in the same room, the grunt to have already initiated a grapple, and the grunt cant do anything else until the grapple is writhed out of or cancelled. Breathing lessens this just like kai choke.

-Chokeslam: Can be used one-handed. When used, it instantly ends the grapple, damages the target, and prones them.

-Bearhug: Deals minor damage for the duration of the grapple, and has a chance every tick to break the torso.

-(limb)hold: Can be applied to any prone opponent, and counts as a grapple attempt. Does the same as bearhug but for the limbs.

-Piledriver: Works just like the chokeslam, but has two additional ticks of "windup" where the target might writhe free before it connects. Has a chance of breaking the head or causing stupidity.

-Powerbomb: Like piledriver, but with torso damage or paralysis.

-Sleeperhold: Like bearhug, but has a chance of putting the target to sleep.

-Tackle: The grunt charges in from an adjacent room, and tackles the target off their feet and damages the torso. If the target is mounted, this will instead (attempt) to dismount them. Can be done one-handed.

-Suplex: Works like chokeslam but does either head or torso damage. Maybe both.

-Flying Elbow: If done to a prone target with a lv3 head AND torso break, acts as an instant kill. Has a 4-tick windup time. If the foe in that time manages to cure their head or stand before then, the grunt is damaged, prone'd and stunned. If the foe manages to cure torso instead, they take damage equal to a kick and risk minor torso damage (nothing above lv 2)

-Toss: Can send unmassed foes flying into other rooms. Must be in a grapple, and can be done one-handed.

Bodyart is the closest thing a grunt gets to magic. It is a skill set based around augmenting tattoos. Maybe it'd even give an additional tattoo slot. Most of these benefits apply to the grunt only.

-Dedicated: movement doesnt ruin inking.

-Spider Tattoo: Makes web hit up to three targets, but uses up that many charges (also lowers the base charge total)

-Potency: Things like boar moss and moon fade faster, but are more effective

-Monolith Tattoo: Halves the charges of a prism tattoo, and makes it able to stop someone else from prisiming in instead.

-Wall Tattoo: Instead of a shield, can make a shield tattoo put up an ice wall or fire wall instead.

-Sunburst tattoo: Instead of reviving you, a starburst tattoo causes an explosion that damages all enemies in the room.

-Tree of Woe Tattoo: Touching Tree gives your target all the same afflictions you currently have.

(the tattoos are not new tattoos, but overwrite specific ones to give them new effects. These can only be applied to tattoos the grunt already has)

-Scarring: Once and only once (barring the use of an arti or something) The grunt can draw up a tattoo on their body that never fades and cannot be wiped off.

I hope this gives a jist of what I'm going for? I'm aiming to make a class for warriors who isnt a flashy bard, noble knight, or what have you. Just a brawler who could fit the roll of a common soldier in an army or a barbarian filled with blood lust.
Maybe someone with more experience with this sort of thing could take this and just run with it? I hope this was worth going to bed at 630 am when I should be getting up in a couple of hours!

I have undressed a god.

Comments

• This is basically a Fighter class such as Barbarian, or some variation of it.

Let me rock a two-handed 6 foot long sword, and I will totally test this class out for you @Tecton.

:)

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Daeir said:
    And a randomized wrestler name that is always prefixed with El.
    And they can Hulk out to enter an avatar state, where they become a giant ten foot tall version of their alter ego. El Tigre Blanco! El Tormenta de Tiburon! El Cerdo Hambre!
  • Scrap the weapons. Make the luchador mask BE the weapon with stats. The stronger the mask, the stronger the wrestler. The design of the mask dictates the weighting of the stats. Example: A tiger-themed mask would probably lean more on speed and damage, while a bear-themed mask would be damage and accuracy, and so on.

• Groin shot wouldn't work against women. More seriously though, it would be nice to have a class such as this.
  • Kiusha said:

Groin shot wouldn't work against women.

More seriously though, it would be nice to have a class such as this.

You'd be surprised. According to my self defense class, it's pretty much the same pain levels.

I have undressed a god.

• Oh I am sure it hurts. But please do not try and compare it to a kick in the nuts. Men can never understand the pain of natural birth, and women cannot comprehend the mind numbing pain of a shot in the Crown jewels.

• Arador said:
    Oh I am sure it hurts. But please do not try and compare it to a kick in the nuts. Men can never understand the pain of natural birth, and women cannot comprehend the mind numbing pain of a shot in the Crown jewels.
    Actually, you can't compare pain levels, at all. Pain is different per person. I've been hit there and not done much more than wince, and have it ache for a few minutes, whereas on the other hand, I've seen people completely keel over from being hit there. Exactly similar, my mother says toothache is worse than childbirth... So... Reading a book is hard, I guess.

• There is actually a measurement of pain, what you can't compare is the resistance of the individual.

On that measurement of pain a crotch shot is several times that of childbirth, but it's also a fleeting pain whereas childbirth can take hours, plus physical exhaustion. With this understanding, men can understand the pains of childbirth, but we can't understand the totality of it.

At the same time the Dol Scale had horrible methodology when researched. Inflicting pain on only 4 subjects over a hundred times. So take my above statement with a grain of salt and understand the Dol Scale is not widely used if at all.

This class makes me think of a brawling in a bar... it amuses me.
  • Mannimar said:

I did have an idea for alcohol- dependant buffs that are balanced out by the fact that they need to be stumbling drunk to get them and risk just falling over, and also maybe using tankards as a shield breaking strike or something. A thrown one, so the offhand frees up.

I have undressed a god.

• edited December 2013
    sorry. sometimes I forget I'm not on 4chan.
  • Gibbi said:
    I did have an idea for alcohol- dependant buffs that are balanced out by the fact that they need to be stumbling drunk to get them and risk just falling over, and also maybe using tankards as a shield breaking strike or something. A thrown one, so the offhand frees up.
    Delos store suddenly increases their profits a lot, as this class is now able to hit people with furniture.

• Cynlael said:

Gibbi said:

Mannimar said:

Delos store suddenly increases their profits a lot, as this class is now able to hit people with furniture.

Weapon proficiency chair.

Maybe even give them the ability to shoulder check their way through non-key'd doors, making the door unclosable for some predetermined time?

I have undressed a god.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    You could also smash bottles over people's heads. Causes blunt damage and stun to start with a chance of the bottle breaking to cause bleeding damage. Low skilled brawlers also have a chance of winding up with a handful of bottle fragments for non-stop bleeding until they PULL GLASS FROM HAND.

• I like that.

I have undressed a god.

• Skye said:
    You could also smash bottles over people's heads. Causes blunt damage and stun to start with a chance of the bottle breaking to cause bleeding damage. Low skilled brawlers also have a chance of winding up with a handful of bottle fragments for non-stop bleeding until they PULL GLASS FROM HAND.
    Um no. This idea is reserved for pirate class.
  • Why not give that to both classes? I mean, Blademasters and serpents share evade, right? (wait, do they?)

I have undressed a god.

• @Gibbi: They do, though they unlock the ability at different skill levels(Serpents getting it very early in Suberfuge, Blademasters getting it at high Shindo skill levels)

• Thanks! Didn't know if that was still a thing.

I have undressed a god.

• They can have an ability similar to Bloodsworn that they can only use on another of the same class: Tagteam. Yes.

• I woek up srunk and reas this. Thabj you. Has mademy day
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Am okay with this. @Fen. So long as there's an ability that lets me scream my name for an exorbitant amount of time.
  • Daslin said:

Am okay with this. @Fen. So long as there's an ability that lets me scream my name for an exorbitant amount of time.

I had an alt one time, and I set up a trigger for him to yell whenever he punched out a Gnoll. My only regret is not being able to code in a rotation of different victory yells.

I have undressed a god.

• @Daslin I pretty much got away with making Dan Hibiki from street fighter and advertised lessons for Saikyo style.

I have undressed a god.