Under the ocean off plane

Could we make under the ocean (deepsea diving) on the same plane as everything else? You can QW from there and see everyone on plane. Clan channels allow you to talk to and hear everyone the sea or under the ocean but not on the mainland. It's like under the ocean is "half" on the main plane. Perhaps just overlooked?

Comments

• Jonathin said:
    gdi Zulah, I have 'Under the Sea' stuck in my head now.
    I specifically said "ocean" not sea to avoid this issue. Great job. Now I can't get that damn crab out of my head!
  • Zulah said:
    Now I can't get that damn crab out of my head!
    They have like ... ointments and stuff for that, you know.  Consult a physician!
  • You can also abuse this "under the sea" feature to tell who is on the ocean and who isn't just by seeing who you can hear on market/clans/etc while "under the sea"
  • I don't think this is really necessary. If anything, I'd change it to work like the Underworld/Annwyn, so you're completely alone when you go diving. It's one place where it makes sense to be so remote, and given the small number of people who actually go diving I don't see that having a dramatic effect on player interaction.

• Yeah, this really needs to be looked at. 

The last time I was diving, I found things to work extremely strangely as far as the planes and communication went. Just make it all the same.

• EldEld
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, it doesn't necessarily need to be possible to communicate from the sea floor, but communication and visibility should at least be consistent.
  • I don't care which way it goes but the half/half current situation is exploitable to people looking for ship vs ship combat if they know what they are doing.
  • I think you can also check gmcp player data to find out who is there, not just market and clans.
  • Rispok said:
    I think you can also check gmcp player data to find out who is there, not just market and clans.
    There's a few things you can do. I wasn't pointing out exploits in forums though. Just noting they need to be fixed
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I can't help but think of the Ocean Palace whenever I read the title of this...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Zulah said:

Rispok said:

I think you can also check gmcp player data to find out who is there, not just market and clans.

There's a few things you can do. I wasn't pointing out exploits in forums though. Just noting they need to be fixed

At least it's ocean floor only now, used to be able to pull the same tricks before the far reaches communication changes were put in, on your deck.
  • Silas said:
    I don't think this is really necessary. If anything, I'd change it to work like the Underworld/Annwyn, so you're completely alone when you go diving. It's one place where it makes sense to be so remote, and given the small number of people who actually go diving I don't see that having a dramatic effect on player interaction.

Giant tunas and sea monsters rip you limb from limb. In spaceseas, no one can hear you scream.