Introduction/Shameless Self Promotion

edited October 2013 in North of Thera
  I have attempted to play Achaea a few times but there was always some event that came up and stopped me. Well now as I am back in school and have a steady schedule I have returned and am falling in love with the game. This post isn't just to introduce myself though, I have a YouTube channel ( Zathrian ) that will be dedicated to Achaea, either comparing it to other games, my thoughts on whether Text Games are better than graphical games and other videos centered on the topic. Here is my first video ( ever so if you have any tips aside from telling me to get a better camera, as I am saving up, I would love to hear it! ) Here is my first video about Why I prefer Achaea to Graphical MMO's.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Just a suggestion, throw some pictures and visuals, possibly gameplay from the games you show. You're super hot, but I got bored looking at your face. gotta break it up a bit.

Also, you talk like you're talking to me or presenting something at a conference, but you're not. You've made a video. Videos have a very different form of mannerisms when you speak. You need to be faster and take out a lot of the pauses that you have in it. That might be from simply speaking off the cuff, or just a mild pause while you caught your breath but it needs to be sped up a bit. I actually like your content, but only because I know the game. If I'd never played the game before well I can't say I cared about the city of evil. Before you spoke of the TRUE RP experience you didn't give too much background into the game itself. Made me feel disconnected and uninterested.

The text games V graphical games will always be subjective, but I'd throw some more actual facts around or at least give us a better understanding of what the game actually is or how it's played.

I hate being so critical when you obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and I do not think it is bad by any means. I am simply saying what I would prefer to see. Keep up the good work!
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • My main tips with your video are these.

Try to 'equalize' (I have no idea if that is the right word) the volume throughout your video. I had to turn up my speakers to hear you talk at a reasonable volume, and then when the music at the end of your video kicked in it was super load (Though part of that may be because I've got my bass turned up).

Otherwise, welcome to Achaea and good luck with your YouTube channel.
  • Overall, it is a great idea to show others over the internet to give them the insight over Achaea, and also potentially the entire Iron Realms Database.Although I would like to point out a few things first of all..

1) I agree with @Aepas overall the setting is something one would use in a conference call or a skype call, not necessarily shooting a video. You should use images and even graphics from the game to support your ideas. For example whenever you touch on the subject of roleplay, have a visual of the game itself. Not necessarily you continuing to sit on a couch and talk about your experiences. 

2) Also since it is a video, do not be afraid to make it more casual and to have implementations to keep the viewer's attention. Currently, you sound a bit monotoned over it, live'in up a bit. (Just not like the video game rager, which is just disturbing)

3) If you live near other Achaeans, interview them of why and what they like about Achaea as well and if they give you their permission incorporate it into the video. 

Another than that, I agree with mostly of what Aepas stated. 

Welcome back and good luck! Overall as I stated before the video is nice, just needs some tweaking :)

• edited October 2013
     Thank you for the feedback, I did that video on a friends laptop with Windows 8 Movie Maker and the laptops webcam I will have good equipment soon to help equalize and such. Also I completely agree with the monotone bit, I just have trouble breaking out of it but I guess I will get better over time!

So @Aepas do you feel I should give a few shorter videos talking about the lore and history in Achaea, explain the cities and classes, etc.