Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.
Looking back over the feedback and usage patterns for City Destruction, I think that we need to make some tweaks and changes to the system to try and make it a more fun and involving part of Achaea. Now that classleads are done (for the moment), I'm going to share some ideas / brainstorming that I had, and give you guys a chance to add your two cents in the formative stages.
I'm going to preface this by saying that none of this is set in stone, I'm just throwing it out there for you guys to look over and comment based on your own dealings with the current system! Numbers in parenthesis are just placeholders and rough numbers.
Don't like something? Say why! Got a better idea? Post it up!
Without further ado:
- A new tally system that acts as an end-goal for mutual hostilities, more details interspersed throughout the proposal
- When hostile relations are declared, the first city to declare will specify a war point goal as well as a gold bounty/wager for the war. The second city will then either accept or decline and a different wager can be set.
- The bounty/wager is then held in escrow for both cities, and granted to the victor upon reaching the war point goal.
- War points are accumulated in the following ways:
- Killing enemy soldiers.
- Destroying enemy rooms.
- (Potentially) Sanctioned raid time.
- Foiling a sanctioned raid - dismantling/capturing an enemy tank.
- Restore general experience loss for deaths inside cities when a sanctioned raid is not active.
- This could potentially be a 50% reduced value.
- Sanctioned raids are automatically declared when (5) deaths occur in a (30) minute timeframe inside the city.
- Upon sanctioning all experience loss/gain is suspended
- Sanctioned raids will now have a minimum timeframe (to prevent stopping/starting by raiders to take advantage of the experience loss.)
- Tanks become a new form of resource available to cities, they're checked out by an appropriately ranked citizen.
- There is a limit of (5) tanks at any one time still, but this can be supplemented by capturing enemy tanks in sanctioned raids (up to a maximum of (3).
- The tanks would regenerate (up to the maximum) every Achaean year.
- Instead of summoning a spark, a tank is placed in the room with the raiders, it feeds of the hostile energy to charge the tank.
- Each defender death in the city causes the tank to charge up, with three cumulative levels of effectiveness:
- Level 1: Destroys the current room
- Level 2: Destroys the current room and one room in each direction.
- Level 3: Destroys the current room and all rooms in line-of-sight from the current room.
- There would need to be some slow buildup on it's own to provide reason for the defending forces to want to defend.
- Tanks need to be manually detonated by the attacking forces (an instant ability)
- Victory experience scales based on the number of rooms destroyed.
- Defending forces can route the attackers by clearing them out of the room, either by killing them or forcing them to move. Once they control the room with the tank, they can:
- Dismantle the tank, granting a similar experience bonus as attackers do upon destroying a room.
- Capture the tank, granting a smaller/no experience bonus, but adding an additional tank to the defending city's arsenal.
- Manual city room repairs are removed.
- Rooms are repaired at the rate of one every (3) Achaean months, at a fixed cost to the city.
- Potentially new powers added to the font arsenal:
- Something to speed up the decay of enemy room effects inside the city.
- Something to provide a city-wide "indoor" protection for a very limited duration.
Sign In to Comment.
- 6K All Categories
- 3K Everything Achaea
- 1.5K North of Thera
- 21 Archives of the Terraformer
- 247 The Matsuhama Arena
- 874 The Golden Dais of Creation
- 284 The Scarlattan Theatre
- 145 The Blank Canvas
- 1.9K Getting Help
- 394 General Questions
- 251 Quick Class Questions
- 1.3K Tech Support
- 301 Client Help
- 461 Curing Systems and Scripts
- 832 Off-Topic
- 251 The Wander Inn
- 581 The Universal Membrane
- 287 Class Discussions
- 287 Individual Class Sections
- 20 Alchemist
- 9 Apostate
- 10 Bard
- 29 Blademaster
- 9 Depthswalker
- 12 Druid
- 4 Infernal
- 20 Jester
- 19 Magi
- 31 Monk
- 10 Occultist
- 7 Paladin
- 7 Priest
- 28 Runewarden
- 18 Sentinel
- 26 Serpent
- 19 Shaman
- 9 Sylvan