Mudlet Mapper Issues

edited August 2012 in Tech Support
Ok here we go AGAIN! I finally thought I was rid of the problem at last but it just came back to bite me in the rear quite randomly and suddenly and I don't know what to do anymore! I was having problems with my Mudlet Mapper crashing every time I so much as clicked on a room, it would not update properly and some areas would not show up at all, so I got directed to a solution where I had to reinstall my mudlet mapper as well as update my Mudlet to 2.0 Test 4 b and once I copied in the dll and .exe files everything was back to working order and I was able to click on the map again. Today I was hunting and suddenly once again as I clicked on the map my client crashed and I was back to square one. I tried once again reinstalling my mapper, but nothing is working this time... Please somebody, before I lose whatever is left of my sanity... Why is it doing this!

Comments

• Ok seems like every time it updates or something you have to go through manual uninstallations in the user folder to get it to update at all and then it will only work again. Got it working for now smoothly.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited August 2012
    Keep in mind you can also email Vadi anytime if you're having an issue. He's usually pretty quick to respond. Try to include any errors you get in the Mudlet Error section, as well as screenshots.

• Kresslack said:
    Keep in mind you can also email Vadi anytime if you're having an issue. He's usually pretty quick to respond. Try to include any errors you get in the Mudlet Error section, as well as screenshots.
    that'd be great, but Vadi's on vacation, that's why he's asking here for help
    meh

• Yeah hehe he is on Vacation so the world is ending! AHHHHH!
  • I really really wish I could help! I haven't had an issue since I reinstalled svo/mudlet mapper/ fix
    meh

• edited August 2012
    First off make sure you have the most recent mapper (12.8.1). Since you're already up to date on the client you may want to try this solution: http://svo.vadisystems.com/2012/01/custom-prompt-disappearing/. Beyond that I'd have have to assume it's a hardware issue. Mudlet takes a lot of resources honestly, and updating the mapper causes some serious lag time.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Ive heard this issue before and im not sure what the problem that is sometimes causing mudlet to crash after a map update. Ive had it happen and then afterwards i have no issues again.

• Dunno what could be causing it, but at least I managed to fix it for now... let's just hope it doesn't do it after every update.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    I try not to update the crowdmap too often anyways just so people dont have to update that often either. But if you do run into rooms that are unmapped other than house estates and inner temples let me know where it is and how to get there and i can updatefor it

• edited September 2012
    Thanks Qwindor, will do... managed to solve any reccuring problems for now