Occultist Classlead

Comments

• A lot of running on Hecate :|

• edited August 2013
    Truename + entity control probably needs to be looked at.

They didn't allow hangedman + aeon to be comboed with entities because those skills were already strong on their own. I don't think there's anyone in Achaea that believes truename needed anything extra to go with it. Also, I believe truename is equilibrium(not 100% sure), and if it is, then it already got a hidden buff with that, since Occultists are now a quick-witted class rather than a balance class(seems to be the trend people are taking, at least).

• Okay. Maybe to the first part. LOLNO to the last part. People could have quick-witted before. No.

• lol, man.

You're going to fit in so nicely.
  • I'm just waiting for Achilles to start the Delete Truename campaign now so all of the combat related threads can go back to normal.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited August 2013
    ^ actually there still needs to be a way to remove truenames (hey maybe Paladin Priests will have a way) and there needs to be an aura so people can't chain truename.
  • Paladins and priests are already over the top defensively, don't really need to add more in that area.
  • edited August 2013
    Nvm, no need to spoon feed
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited August 2013
    Sabiru said:
    Nvm, no need to spoon feed
    What, you mean the good old force them to truename you strategy?  Lol

Also in regards to chain truenames, I'm confident something will be added even Tanris agreed.
  • Ah, good. Everything back to normal.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    next he will use numbers on us

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • More buffs to melee, not nerfs. God damn back off achilles. Wait for Paladin classleads first
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    The restrictions on Truename are enough as it is. Being able to simply remove Truename is ridiculous.

Viva la Bluef.
  • edited August 2013
    Well, there's some merit to preventing truename from being used off entity balance because the announce specifically prevents aeon/hangedman flings off entity balance so it's an issue the Garden was specifically trying to address.

But yeah, there doesn't need to be a method to remove truename, that idea is just silly. At most, there should be a long decay timer (90 rl days?).
  • I'll not say anything on the truename discussion as that's something that's being monitored, but the reasoning behind the lack of hangedman/aeon being comboable was that we wanted to avoid people being able to sustain prolonged momentum while comboing hinders every balance (see: occultist with old domination). The class as it stands right now builds momentum very quickly, but sacrifices all major forms of hinder to do so, which was the intended result.
  • Truename's place in Achaean combat is tough to justify.

What is it for?
  • Mizik said:
    Truename's place in Achaean combat is tough to justify. What is it for?
    Pissing me off.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Being awesome.

Seriously. You take away all the cool abilities like Truename and you will make the game severely boring.

It's a damage kill method.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    Being awesome.

Seriously. You take away all the cool abilities like Truename and you will make the game severely boring.
    Exactly. The game needs crazy awesome stuff like Chaosrays and Truename and Pit. Deliverance. Mind Sapience. Sanctuary. Bedevil. Grove Annihilation. Demon Blast. Cataclysm. Hocuspocus. If all any class had was abilities where you hit people with sticks in melee range on a 4 second balance, that would be incredibly boring.

The worst thing is these abilities are almost never newly added to the game. You are very unlikely to see something of that scope classleaded into the game. They were snuck in at the time of each class's inception by some idealistic designer who thought they were cool and didn't give a shit, but now they're a finite resource in a time of conservative development and anti-powercreep. So many of them have been "balanced" into nonexistence over time.

Perhaps hypocritically, I think stuff like Vodun Shake and axe stun were total crap, but I would justify that by saying those abilities were not awesome enough to justify their own existence.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

@blujixapug  The sad thing is, some of those unique abilities were actually part of what made Achaea different. But with the urge to lolbalance, everything that was nice and unique regarding classes get ironed out, and we end up with things that in practice are not so different to the myriad of games out there. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I don't have a problem with 'cool' abilities. Maybe if the cooler abilities were more evenly spaced faction-wise throughout the game, they wouldn't need to be balanced out so much?  One class holding nearly all of those cooler abilities tips the scales, in my opinion. 

• So looks like the doppie move abuse was patched.

It seems like originally they made doppleganger seek not go beyond line of sight as a sort of band aid fix, but then when they realized that people were going to use move like that, they went ahead and just fixed it the 'right' way and reversed the band-aid fix.

What's so "cool" or "unique" about damage + aeon?
  •  

Valdus said:
    Being awesome.

Exactly. The game needs crazy awesome stuff like Chaosrays and Truename and Pit. Deliverance. Mind Sapience. Sanctuary. Bedevil. Grove Annihilation. Demon Blast. Cataclysm. Hocuspocus. If all any class had was abilities where you hit people with sticks in melee range on a 4 second balance, that would be incredibly boring.

The worst thing is these abilities are almost never newly added to the game. You are very unlikely to see something of that scope classleaded into the game. They were snuck in at the time of each class's inception by some idealistic designer who thought they were cool and didn't give a shit, but now they're a finite resource in a time of conservative development and anti-powercreep. So many of them have been "balanced" into nonexistence over time.

Perhaps hypocritically, I think stuff like Vodun Shake and axe stun were total crap, but I would justify that by saying those abilities were not awesome enough to justify their own existence.

Last time I tested bedevil (five times in a row), it gave 1 aff 3 of the times, 0 affs once, and 2 affs once. The priest had 4-5 affs each time. :(  Give us back useful bedevil and I won't complain about truename.

Overall, though, loldamage is loldamage. It's not particularly interesting.

• edited August 2013
    THIS ISN'T A PRIEST THREAD.

And it's interesting when you die to it.

Also, I'm ecstatic re: seek revert. Doppy is the best scouting tool in the entire game.*

*Besides a phased @Jarrod.

• RIP aeon/amnesia
  • Dunn said:
    THIS ISN'T A PRIEST THREAD.

And it's interesting when you die to it.

Also, I'm ecstatic re: seek revert. Doppy is the best scouting tool in the entire game.

As if you would know! I'm pretty sure I'm the resident "die-to-damage" expert. Thank you very much.
  • I meant it's interesting when YOU (Terra) die to it.

:D