First parent 'agreeing' on bloodlining a second

Any way this would be considered being added in? I mean, if you bloodline a child, then a hundred years later, you're dormant and they're bored, or they have changed priorities, and want to bloodline someone else... they just took out your choice of who your character slept with. Which is ick. Don't really see any valid negatives that would stem from this, other than possibly difficult to code.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

Comments

• Do you mean something like:
    Person A bloodlines Person C. Later, Person B (of the opposite sex of A) wants to also bloodline C. This should require approval of both A and C (as opposed to just C, as it stands).

?

• Eld said:
    Do you mean something like:
    Person A bloodlines Person C. Later, Person B (of the opposite sex of A) wants to also bloodline C. This should require approval of both A and C (as opposed to just C, as it stands).

?
    Yes.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited June 2013
    Santar said:
    I think sex should be hardcoded into the game. 

OFFER SEX TO (person)

Then they would have to AGREE. 

You could tie all that into this idea and the bloodlining system.
    Then you can only bloodline someone who comes out of their trial 18 years, and 7-10 months after when you agreed to sex? :P

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    PROCREATE WITH sounds better.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Would be happy if it was just 'low priority listed'. :)

• Sarapis said:
    It's a good point. People shouldn't be able to impose that kind of RP on unwilling third parties.

On the other hand, it's also going to be something that is unlikely to rise to the top of the priority list any time soon tbh.
    That is why Divines invented alcohol.
  • Orzaansyn said:
    Sarapis said:
    It's a good point. People shouldn't be able to impose that kind of RP on unwilling third parties.

On the other hand, it's also going to be something that is unlikely to rise to the top of the priority list any time soon tbh.
    That is why Divines invented alcohol.
    So get drunk lots, then bloodline kids with random people on purpose if you want to RP a loose alcoholic. :P

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Stamp out incest at least. I've always wanted a biological father for Kyrra but she's already related to so many people, and she's not Lannister enough to go there :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Stamp out incest at least. I've always wanted a biological father for Kyrra but she's already related to so many people, and she's not Lannister enough to go there :(
    -1 to coding out incest. It adds alot to the game.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Xith's first child was sort of this way. Two people had independently claimed a person for bloodlining, and we attributed it to a trip to Zanzibaar to procure rum that did happen some years back, during which something must have happened that neither could remember.

The bloodlining system has ways of interfering with RP though when things can't logically have happened or Age minus Conception does not correctly equal Relationship-period. There's also not enough give-a-damn for most people to bother rping pregnancy or birth (the rule being to only rp fun things). And since Achaea hasn't defined the gestation period differences across the races, or what happens when a Dwarf breeds with a Xoran, it's all kind of pointless.

Nice as it would be to have prearranged children characters that show up exactly 18 years after <insert business here>, that's bothersome timing. No to conception system, but maybe yes to AGREE for bloodlining.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Years ago, Sorley was involved with someone who did actually RP pregnancy and managed to actually wrangle a person to play the proposed child, as far as the Xoran on Tsol'aa offspring, we just went with the Logos creates all as he sees fit... weak, but it worked.

I actually like the idea of having to agree to another parent being selected via bloodlines. 
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    Listed.
This discussion has been closed.