issues connecting.

edited June 2013 in Client Help
I live in northeastern Tennessee, and if you're familiar with that area, you probably know that we were hit by a series of wicked storms not too long ago [the day before yesterday, I think]. I personally, along with the rest of my family, suffered with a power outage. No idea if that has anything to do with the problems I'm having or not.

All I know is, I could connect just fine before the stupid power went out n_n; I play Achaea via iPad and when I'm not out and about with the rest of the family, I access the game by logging in through Iron Realms [Safari or Google Chrome being my browser].

But now whenever I try to connect [on either browser], it either doesn't load or it freezes and/or closes out the browser entirely ._.; I also noticed that my custom UI doesn't show up [none of the cute buffer boxes that came with the latest update]; it looks like it did before the update happened. And the URL appears as 'client.achaea.com/v1'.

I dunno what the hell's going on with it. I've deleted my Google Chrome app and reinstalled it, I've turned off my iPad and turned it on again, I reset my network settings, I connected to someone else's Wi-Fi .. shit, I even reset my router. 

Help. Someone, anyone, please ;___; Help me.
(XXXX): Peak says, "You worry me."

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Can you access http://client.achaea.com from a different machine?
    This helps determine if it's a problem with your iPad, or an external issue.

Can you ping 69.65.42.238 (the IP address client.achaea.com currently resolves to) from an affected machine?
    This helps determine if it's a problem with DNS, or some other underlying connectivity issue.
    If you don't know how to ping another machine, Google for "how to ping <OS>", where <OS> is whatever operating system you use.
  • CardanCardan The Garden
    Alcaro said:
    And the URL appears as 'client.achaea.com/v1'.
    Remove the /v1 from the end so you're accessing just http://client.achaea.com as we've just recently released v2 of the HTML5 client.
  • Soludra said:
    Can you access http://client.achaea.com from a different machine?
    This helps determine if it's a problem with your iPad, or an external issue.

Can you ping 69.65.42.238 (the IP address client.achaea.com currently resolves to) from an affected machine?
    This helps determine if it's a problem with DNS, or some other underlying connectivity issue.
    If you don't know how to ping another machine, Google for "how to ping <OS>", where <OS> is whatever operating system you use.

I downloaded a ping app and I didn't get any error messages. Seems the connectivity is pretty sound.
    Cardan said:
    Alcaro said:
    And the URL appears as 'client.achaea.com/v1'.
    Remove the /v1 from the end so you're accessing just http://client.achaea.com as we've just recently released v2 of the HTML5 client.

Tried it. Always redirects back to the v1
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    You'll be automatically redirected to the "low-fi" version of the html5 client if you're playing on a phone or tablet (and prompted to if you're playing at a small screen resolution on a desktop computer) - we found that the amount of client-side processing required for all of the pretty interface elements was too much for low-powered devices.

This is only a new feature, having only been put in a day or so ago, so we'll take a look and see if we can identify the issue. 

A couple of quick questions to help us narrow down the problem:
    1) What model iPad are you trying to use the client on?
    2) What version of iOS are you using? (Settings -> General -> About -> Version)
  • The model: MC954LL/A The version: 6.1.3
  • edited June 2013
    A suggestion to the devs: if the client codebase is amenable to it, a global exception handler to submit error reports upstream might be useful. If there's an error preventing the client from working as intended on an iPad, it's probably going to be tedious to debug.  (window.onerror maybe?)