Neopets - C'mon, you know you do.

I wholly admit to being completely submersed in this "kids"* site (my eight year old account proves it!).

username: the__wiz

Who else plays?!

*neopets actually started out as a college thing, Adam and his friends on campus, blah blah. Sort of like Facebook, only with animals instead.

Comments

• I used too.

I tried to log-in again two weeks ago.. or three. After an hour long struggle trying to remember my username... found my account was frozen.

Don't know why, can't access support without an account. Not making a new one. Meh.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • EiredhelEiredhel California
    Haha, I haven't heard the word Neopets in forever. I wonder if I even have my account still >.> I just remember obsessing over getting the rare paints for my pets and stuff. And for the guilds and what not, I'd do guild layouts and stuff haha. 

I remember when the artistic guilds were the 'thing'...

How are guilds these days in Neo? Anything change over the past 5 years?

Oh found some!

So many good and bad memories haha. 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• They look like gummy bears, I approve of eating them.

What do they do?
  • I used to love Neopets, but recently (maybe a year ago) I tried to start playing again, and discovered it had become pretty terrible. It seems very different from what it was 10-ish years ago (I think I stopped playing in 2003), and I couldn't manage to get back into it.
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    It has undergone a lot of changes - a lot -  sitewise, gamewise, and some of the core elements have been altered beyond recognition now (two of the biggest things that spring to mind are the forums/boards, and they way they're handled - and the Battledome most recently).  Its definitely become a lot more "kid-friendly". As for what you can do - its really only as limited as your imagination. You can train and battle, earn trophies for certain things (what foods you feed your pet, what books you read), play games, collect crap, dress & paint your pet. The Altador Cup is going on right now - which is sort of like the Neopets version of the Superbowl. 

• HataruHataru Midwest USA
    @Taraus I think a lot of that comes from it being  more publicly Nick's now. That used to be way more understated and now it seems a push to integrate it with the rest of their sites.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    Sadly, I do still play. I am addicted to Meepits. That and I have so many NP, I am reluctant to just drop it.

edited June 2013
    Meepits confirmed for being the best thing ever. I'm building up my army, yo. (Christmas Meepit my fav, I think. They're disgustingly adorable.)

Also, now I gotta know, @Ourania : what pets and/or what colours do you have?!

Also also, what team in the AC? Brightvale loyalist, rocking green & gold since ACI

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    I have a blue Acara and Bori. Both happily and content. Poor Bori had his background nicked.

I wish I still had my original accounts (I had like 3 lol) because I have just so much ridiculous amounts of stuff on them but I no longer have those e-mail addresses so I can't figure out what the account names were :(

Thusly I made a new one! And now I'm just playing solitaire all. the. time.
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
    Awwww, adorbs! Acara's the one pet I don't have (my mom went the Acara route, so I sort of think of those as "her" pets.)

I started with an affinity for the goatish pets - Ixis, Ogrins, Gnorbus, etc:
    image      image     image
    My first and favorite ^               my UC darigan ^                    the baby ^

... that's all I'm posting. I have 25 pets. And a serious addiction D:

• Alright these gummy bears look good enough to try.
  • If I have to use NC for everything, what is NP for?
    Huh? Most things are bought with NP from shops... NC is just the special stuff. Its sort of like comparing Achaea gold (NP) to Credits (NC).

NP can only be gained "ICly" and is used for most "IC" things in Neopets.
    NC can be gained "ICly" or "OOCly" (ie through gift cardy things) and is used for special stuff in Neopets.

You NEED NP, you don't NEED NC.
    You can, occasionally, gain NC through site events and random gifts, but like Hatorade said, its hardly a necessity.  Its mostly a 'wearable' thing - clothes for your pets. The 'real' site stuff - the food, the books, the weaponry - those are all NP, which is all earned through the game itself.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    brb making an account

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I got sucked into the events recently, only managed to pry myself out a week back.

Not sure whether to be ashamed that I've an account there for 9 years!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

omg feed them D:

• edited June 2013
    I still play neo. hahaha. My first and second accounts got banned because I was bad at cheating. Too bad too since if my original account still exists it would have been 11/12 years old now. 

I'd post my username but I'm ABing again and don't want any of you getting chain iced for being friends with me. >:)also because i stole the username from a character here. don't kill me!

Btw, my favorite neopet is my Halloween Grundo (cause they look so cool). I also have a red jetsam and a blue kiko (latter is a lab pet so he doesn't really have a permanent species/colour).

edit:
    if you're pet is starving just chuck 'em into a cheap hotel. They'll be bloated with roaches.
    edited June 2013
    You're an ABer? I hope you fall off the planet.

You ever on the boards?

What the fk is an ABer?
    autobuyer, takes ALL THE FUN AND CHALLENGE OUT OF RESTOCKING.

• I don't remember what my username is. D:

Do they wipe people if they're dormant for too long?
    DD AHMAHGAHD  HEARTHEART

also I know what your UN is, olol

and there's a two year dormant purge thing, but they're done with it, your account is safe lol

• I know my username, but I don't know how to recover my password since I don't remember my email :(
  • Dear God this game... I got into so many fights with my cousin over it.
  • I remember having a red griffin thingy with a Pawkeet as a petpet. Oh man those were the days. I'm pretty sure I had a Jetsam and a Flotsam for a while before I put all three up for adoption.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Taraus said:
    You're an ABer? I hope you fall off the planet.

You ever on the boards?
    It's the only way I get decent stuff :(. My internet sucks anyway so I rarely get anything great. Also, I find the games more fun no matter how childish they are. Neoquest I/II are my favorites.

I rarely use the boards too. Just for when I need quest help and on rare occasions where I actually get an unbuyable and need to resell it.
  •  Hah, probably a bit inappropriate but I immediately thought of you guys when I saw this.