World Tree Camping

Recently a mark was killed and decapitated, forcing them to EMBRACE DEATH, when they finished the whole embracing thing they came back to the caves being blocked in.
This caused them to die again because they were unable to leave the room and eventually grace runs out.

The person had tumble and evade yes, but what if they didn't? Someone could have camped there forever killing them over and over just because they're a mark.
There should be a new system for embrace death such as multiple spawn locations, maybe changing grace to include some kind of way to get out of a sealed room when not in a city?

I know a few people won't care because they do have a wait to get passed blocked rooms but I know a lot of people who don't, and if they want to become a mark, they COULD be trapped there.

Please don't troll this thread

Comments

• You seem slightly confused. EMBRACE DEATH and the World Tree are unrelated; you exit the embracing sequence at 'Outside the Cave' in the Western Ithmia. The World Tree is for immolating corpses, bypassing that sequence entirely.

At any rate, if you aren't capable of getting out of a room in some manner before your grace expires, you really have no business being a member of the Mark. If you choose to join anyway then you have to accept the consequences.
  • Even if you have no way to escape (which should rarely be the case for a mark, as Antonius said), grace gives you plenty of time to get someone to help you.

If you're a houseless, cityless mark with no allies and no way to escape, then yes, you're probably screwed. That seems perfectly acceptable to me.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    Caves blocked in? Pretty sure the mark will have tumble, a firelash ring for walls, ring of flying, be an atavian or have a class ability to escape. Part of being mark is having to deal with that stuff. But as Mosr said, get some friends...this is no single player game.
  • If the person had tumble and evade then how did this cause them to not be able to leave the room until grace ran out causing them to die again.  Is this a hypothetical situation?

• For general skills there's tumble, mountjump, and prism tattoo. If you have seafaring, there's shipreturn and seaprayer. Atavians can fly, horkvals can leap. Every class has at least one class ability that will get you out of a situation like that easily (and you shouldn't be a mark if you aren't decently skilled). Or you can just fight your way out.

If you somehow don't have any of those abilities and fighting isn't an option, and you don't have any friends or allies that can help you, you still have the option of simply asking on market for someone to rescue you.
  • Sena said:
    For general skills there's tumble, mountjump, and prism tattoo. If you have seafaring, there's shipreturn and seaprayer. Atavians can fly, horkvals can leap. Every class has at least one class ability that will get you out of a situation like that easily (and you shouldn't be a mark if you aren't decently skilled). Or you can just fight your way out.

If you somehow don't have any of those abilities and fighting isn't an option, and you don't have any friends or allies that can help you, you still have the option of simply asking on market for someone to rescue you.
    Can't PRAY TO SEA SPIRITS on the mainland, though, right?
  • edited May 2013
    You get 2 minutes of grace no matter who you are when you spawn at the cave. Don't get involved in PK if you don't have basic defense skills. If you can't escape someone while you have grace, then you have no business fighting anybody, much less being in Mark.

Game feature is functioning fine and I've never in my many years of play time seen anything like this abused(not in a way that can still be abused). There's barely even a vague possibility for it to be abused.

Dumb thread. You shouldn't be making topics about subjects that you clearly have no coherent knowledge of.

• edited May 2013
    Troll thread is a troll.

ETA: But thanks for the lolz

ETA: @Sidonia, you really need to get out more
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    Sena said:
     Every class has at least one class ability that will get you out of a situation like that easily (and you shouldn't be a mark if you aren't decently skilled).
    Wish monks had an ability to get out of a situation like that! All good though, wings for 800cr and a firelash ring for 800g usually work.