Earrings of Sinope

Comments

• If I got earrings with someone, I'd want to be the owner. Wouldn't want that guilt of wasting someone's money if I had to go dormant.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Katzchen said:

If I got earrings with someone, I'd want to be the owner. Wouldn't want that guilt of wasting someone's money if I had to go dormant.

Yeah, it's why I own all the reasons I have. Though, it's only 100cr to give that other earrings to someone else.

I spent ages on deciding whether to trade some earrings in or just find a new partner. Nobody wanted to earring with me, and I traded them when the wings auction came up.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I have nothing against earrings, but since I spent five minutes reading the thread I'll add a nerf suggestion or two.

1. make them respect monoliths (at least to one side, either cant travel to person on mono or you cant initiate it if you stand on one) (everything can and should be stopped by something..)

2. add a timer to EoS so that when you use EoS#1 you cannot use any of the other EoS you own (and the people you share them with cannot use them to come to you) for 5-60 minutes. The timer doesnt reset with every use, so you can freely spam EoS#1 for the duration of the timer. This way only one EoS is active and of use at any given moment without limiting the number somebody can have. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    60 minutes is a bit excessive when they aren't all used for combat situations.

I frequently use my earrings to find my husband while he's extracting and I want to spend time with him, because it's convenient and means that he doesn't have to stop for a portal or prism.

You can't use them while you're asleep, you can't be prone. They're already restricted to a degree. They are also artefacts. If you're going to put such restrictions on them, do the same for every class ability that lets you travel to someone else. Empress, vodun travel/summon, deliver, pilgrimage, raido. Half of these already respect monoliths, but if you're going to put a timer on artefacts, put it on everything.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I just want earrings. :(
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Lukan can have earrings with @Nellaundra!

• I don't own earrings or used them so I won't voice an opinion one way or another. What I would like to know is what the message looks like. After reading back on page one how silly some people consider it is, I'm curious to know what it says.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Sothantos appears, a look of love in his eyes.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Is okay, I'd give earrings to @Silas and @Bonko too.

Sharing is caring!

• edited April 2013
    Sothantos appears, a look of love in his eyes.
    Is that it?  I thought it would be something...I don't know, more dramatic or cool considering the other messages for the other types of instatravel there are.
  • edited April 2013

Ainia said:
    Berenene said:
    Sothantos appears, a look of love in his eyes.
    Is that it?  I thought it would be something...I don't know, more dramatic or cool considering the other messages for the other types of instatravel there are.
    For the person who is travelling, it says something like "You think of your true love, X, and travel to him/her" or something. Always seemed silly to me
    You know, with that message, anytime I see that, I'm going to picture it like this now:
  • It's charlie the unicorn.  Quite funny. That is actually episode 4. I recommend watching all 4.  And then watch Llamas with Hats by the same person.  Barbecued faces have never been so entertaining
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    But what if you're a girl with lots of male earring partners?

• I think her male earring partners have the big sticks, actually.
  • Lukan said:
    I think her male earring partners have the big sticks, actually.
    Where is this going?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Nyboe said:
    Lukan said:
    I think her male earring partners have the big sticks, actually.
    Where is this going?
    Sure you want to know? 
    :P

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• i think a 2-3s windup similar to waiting on a universe tarot to pop up would be acceptable.  anything more and i think refunds would be in order.  they are still 800cr a pop.
  • Kyrra said:

But what if you're a girl with lots of male earring partners?

I think that would make said girl a whore

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• hahaha, wtf

• Who invited my grandmother.

• Xenomorph said:
    Achaea is just a game and this is just a friendly joke but, this is an example of same sex marriage being detrimental to others :)

Of all earring owners, less than one percent bought them for their intended purpose. In 2002, if you'd have told people what was in store for 2013, they'd have laughed you out of Achaea, no doubt in my mind.

I made another comment in a thread a while back, stating that some players would sacrifice their dignity, self-respect, and parents love just for a combat mod. They'd wear pink bondage and perform ballet in public just for an edge in combat, sorry Dunn, this slipper fits you and many of your nickel Arcade Ashtan types pretty damn well. The original intent was a man and a woman deeply loving eachother, and having a skill that reflects it. In your case, and many others (not to pick on you of course) this RP sense was twisted to high hell, as the gang bang apparently loves 5 or more people. They need to change the "love" thing and just create a combat medallion of summoning, and ditch this whole act thats embarrassing you guys (had you shame)
    This is why I was appalled when someone made a nonchalant parallel between myself and Xenomorph in a comment somewhere.
    I am not this terrific.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Anyway earrings are a replica of a puppet/doll skill that can be used by classes that are able to do more in a hit-and-run burst than those classes are actually able to do.
    As a jester, I find it very convenient to be able to travel to friends via puppet travel, and with my class change on the horizon, I felt tempted to get earrings to reach my significant other just the same, but they're beyond being worth my investment for that, when a sonicportal or use of my vibrating stick will work.

It is bothersome to see people with 3, 6, 8, or more earring pairs just for raid use. Not that I can justify why it bugs me, but maybe as it's a 2-person artefact (cost probably split between 2 people), maybe the cost should actually be bumped up to 1600? Or remove the artefact, or require the users to be married or have a married discount, I don't know.
    Profitable as Earrings are, they have their irksome qualities for the player base.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited August 2013
    @Xith that's not really fair on people who aren't into marriage (As in relationships are fine, but marriage isn't). A lot of Mhaldor would come under this. Something like a limit of one or two would make sense.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.