I usually keep this a secret...but

edited April 2013 in North of Thera
Dear Achaeans,

When I was just a garden snake, I didn't know much of anything and when I first logged onto Achaea I was hard pressed to find a good name.  So in my haste I choose what I thought sounded to be a good name but in reality was pretty pathetic.  Now some of you probably have a bunch of different characters and run around making new ones every time you screw up a little.  Not I.  I have never once considered logging into Achaea as anyone but Cobra.  I am strictly against alternate characters however I do know that the Divine love them so much.  Anyway, instead of making a new character, I changed my name to Cobra.  But this is not the secret in which I keep to the Shadowsnakes.

What I am about to tell you is what I tell every single Shadowsnake that every entered my guild.  The first two rules.

The first two rules are SO important to anyone looking to become an elite killer in Achaea.  These rules I created myself as there was no one really in Achaea at the time to teach me anything.  Also these two rules will work in any situation any of you will every have, in Achaea and out.

So here goes, RULE NUMBER ONE.  This is about the most important rule of being elite. If you can achieve this one rule then you are in my book, better than the rest and it is very simple.  

NO COMPLAINING!  EVER!  

Seems simple right?  Wrong.  An elite killer doesn't whine, complain, threaten, make jokes, taunt, and otherwise make themselves look like a fool.  No crying, PERIOD.

This is the first rule because of the next rule.  Being an elite killer is, something that takes time to master as a serpent class.  So, death is a part of this lesson.  You can not become the best, if you do not try first.  And usually trying involved many deaths.  Which is why You never, under any circumstances, complain about death.  And this is really more to the point...never complain, whine or threaten the person that just killed you.  If you say anything to them, you only say, "Nice work, Good job.  Let's go again."  or something along those lines.

Now this rule was a bit more important when we didn't have an arena to practice in every major city in Achaea.  We had to do it the old fashion way.  For real.  Anyway, let us go to my second rule of elite status.

RULE NUMBER TWO...You must always believe that you will succeed.  You must always assume you will kill your victim.  Even if you died 20 times in a row.  Each time you must have in your mind the goal to WIN.  If you say to yourself.  I can't.  You have lost.  You are no longer elite in my book.  If you say I can't kill that person, then you are WEAK.  If you are 18 years of age in Achaea and believe you will succeed, you will. If you believe you will not succeed, you will not.  Remember, death is not losing.  Losing only happens when you say you can't.  Keep that in mind.

So there you have it.  My first two rules of being an elite killing machine.  If you want to find out more you can contact me via Achaea.  There are many more lessons to becoming the best but these are the first two steps.  Rules Three and up I will only divulge to members of my house, the Shadowsnakes.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope your killing and murdering sprees leads you into the shadows.

Sincerely yours,

Cobra

Comments

• I tried to keep a secret once... then I realized there was a hidden Mhaldorian serpent with that Helmet of Telepathy thing... Sneaky lil bugger.

Taught me a lesson, he did. Now when I have a secret, I just head towards the nearest Ram's Horn and Shout it. Everybody's gonna find out anyway, might as well be up-front about it.
  • edited April 2013
    Dear @Finchy,

Good for you!  I have spent so many hours with new recruits, that complain, whine and say they can't...I do not have any problems with any of you that have already figured these first two rules out.   In fact I think it is going to make Achaea a better place. These two rules go beyond being a killing machine in Achaea, this is about winning and behaving like a winner.  Two traits I always look for in my new bloods.  

Now, as for Shadowsnake-approved lubricant...I could squirt some on you if you want...but that type of milking requires a bit more, concentration.  (I hate to get it in your eye.)

Take care and may you keep your wits about you.

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • I -redacted- when -redacted- was a -redacted- -redacted-, until I discovered -redacted- -redacted- -redacted-. That's all I'm permitted to say on the matter.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Dear @Silvarien,

Yes, you must always be aware that everything you do and say is being recorded and used against you.  Once you understand that, you can then use the powers of others curiosity to spread, what I like to call, lies.  Nothing like spending all day to find out a false secret.

@Mishgul, Right, once you stop complaining, and start learning, then you can do exactly what you say.  Think on your feet and kill with a vengeance.  Keep at it!

The reason I say this to you all, is this, people that whine and complain will change the very nature that the rest of us are enjoying.  An elite group of gamers looking for the BEST RP experience around is what Achaea means to me.  That doesn't come when newbies complain and whine and then things start to bend to their will.  I have seen so many changes that are a direct reflection of someone whining to the right ear.

Take a look at the dynamics of Achaea, now take a deeper, closer look with understanding.  If you robbed me of every belonging I have in Achaea.  You know what I would do, besides hunt you down for the rest of your life...I would tell you, "You did an outstanding job, and you are an incredible asset to Achaea."  Others go right to the highest head they can find and start...Breaking rule number one.  Which is why, you will no longer be able to steal everything I own in Achaea.   

May you find the elite within yourselves, 

Cobra
  • Dear @Finchy,

I hope it's obvious that l am joking.  Ahh, the Achaean forums and going to be the laughing death of me!  You guys and gals out there, even if you hate my guts, I still hold you all in very high regards.  Anyone, that takes the time to play Achaea deserves a huge round of applause.  I have been a gamer since birth and let me tell you, there is no greater group of people than those found in Achaea.  Cheers to you all!  

Sincerely,

Cobra

P.S. Isn't that Hikaru Sulu from star trek? (Damn he looks good, must be that special Snadowsnake lube.)
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Cobra,

Those are inspiring words, for both new players and old. Those rules give one the tools they need to become successful on their own, by the work they put in to their character development.

• Come to Mhaldor, Cobra. People that follow orders verbatim while checking emotion at the door are a welcome commodity. Serious note: see me IG, you'll always get a fair shake and a home to hone.

Anti-social darwinism at its finest, while ensuring a level playing field for all players ie favoritism isn't welcome here, and much more. All enforced at the very top by active staff. Don't take my word for it, just listen to these happy new citizens:

Bob: "Meh, its ok I guess."

Jon: "..still waiting on the credits he promised."

Patty: "He just took all my gold for a "joining" fee? What the..."

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • edited April 2013
    Dear @Kresslack,

When I first started, I died many many times,  It was like non stop death for me, because I needed to get over that fear of failure.  (There was no arena back then as I mentioned, really I don't think I ever got over level 60.) It then occurred to me that death isn't failure... Failure is only because you stop trying to succeed.  And while your trying to succeed, don't complain about it.  Especially to the people that just killed you.  

Complaining will only get you disrespected among your friends and enemies.  So, these two rules are why every Shadowsnake you will meet, is ELITE.  We are respectable.  It's pretty simple.  Who else can kill you twice and you want to say, "Thank you, that was awesome..." Only respect will bring that and the only way to earn respect is to RESPECT OTHERS.

@Xenomorph, You know, Ashtan has been my home for many a year and really I never meant to be a part of any city.  Makes the killing list just that much longer.  But with subtle persuasion, (the opportunity of founding a guild), the times were changing and the Divine wanted the guilds to be a part of the cities.  If any of you remember the Serpentlords were from and still are from Hashan.  (I think anyway, but Hashan was considered a village back then...)  It's a long complex, BORING, story.   However, I must say that I am needed where my House is located.  Thank you so much for the offer.  I am not sure who is exactly my enemies are just yet as everything is a bit more political as it once was.  No doubt the direct reflection of the invention of the all mighty Achaean Credit.

To all others with dirty minds, I thought about my previous joke to @Finchy and realized that some of you might take that the wrong way.  I was referring to was the in-game, venom, known as Gecko.  But you can take it how you want.

Sincerely,

Cobra 

P.S. Joining fees?  Sh*t that sounds SO much easier then all the rules I had to read to re join Asthan...
  • Cobra said:

P.S. Joining fees?  Sh*t that sounds SO much easier then all the rules I had to read to re join Asthan...
    If you have at least two artefacts we don't even ask about past affiliation.

• Dear @Cahin,

Wowsers!  Two artifacts...I don't even have ONE and it's going to take a huge amount of persuasion to get my better half to agree to purchase any. (I might as well get a second job.)  Really 500 real dollars...I mean I know some of you are probably well off or selling children but seriously...I might be the ONLY player in Achaea to never have an artifact.  

I do remember when they were created by Sarapis and the first ever auction that the Divine had.  Amazing.  Personally, I grew up in a time where credits were given 3 per hour.  Loads of people sat - away from keyboard - for days...You couldn't even BUY credits back then, you HAD to play and wait.  Having transcendent skills actually meant something back then and not everyone had them.

Now it seems, the more REAL money you have the better your life in Achaea.  I hope that is not always the case and that good game play, strategy and the want to win, will in fact take the day.  But if not, I might be taking out that second mortgage after all.

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • edited April 2013
    No, I got more respect for someone that stays true to their origins that anyone else. Yeah, I'd be in Ashtan too, if you guys hadn't turned on your patron! lol, but Ashtan can be a fickle place All that democratic pollution breeding corruption of any degree is a con to me.   -Now then, my random thoughts for today's evening, for questions nobody asked:

I'm gonna stop you there. Now, I'mma let you finish, but the third forum rule is the best forum rule of all time. Follow it. --Babel
  • Dear @Xenomorph,

Surely, you are not talking about religion and politics?!? I am going to stop you right here. First off, you make some very good points but as for me, I am a member of Ashtan for one reason only, MY GUILD HAD to be in it.  Forced almost.  My idea was to have an elite group of killers that had no affiliations with any city.  The reason.  Easier to keep track of who to kill...EVERYONE except your fellow guild member.  Pretty simple.  But politics get in the way, egos, get in the way,  IDEAS, get in the way...So Ashtan is now the proud owner of yet another guild.

And you know, as I see where it all headed, it really didn't make a lick of difference.  They tore it all apart and re worked the entire system.  Which is fine.  

I am completely against all forms of authority.  I can't stand people telling me what I can and can't do.  My rules are nothing but expert advice at how to BEHAVE.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The reason we NEED a government, is because "people" can not behave themselves.  Simple.

And by the way, I don't call that man, God.  I am against all forms of religion as well.  They are just another form of authority meant to control the un-behaved.  (And before you start sending @Xenomorph and myself hate mail)  rest assured I could care less how you view your world.  

My view is perfect for me and your view is perfect for you.  Leave it be and start living for yourself and by all means, BEHAVE.

Thank you for the respect @Xenomorph, I have also respect for you and your ideals.  

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • edited April 2013
    Dear Achaeans,

Please know, that I hate talking real politics and religion.  Couldn't be worse for me.  This is why I play games I guess.  Anyway, in my above post, I was subtly trying not to talk about it and obey forum rule number 3.  I do read rules by the way.  (And follow them, I just don't like it.)  I am not sure how...my topic ran into this shore but, let's back this baby out and set sail again!

Why Shadowsnakes are ELITE...

Rule Number One: No COMPLAINING.  PERIOD.

Rule Number Two: Fight to WIN. PERIOD.

Pretty simple...These two things led me straight into victory and success.  Everything else will come with practice and patience...

Sincerely yours,

Cobra
  • Cobra said:
    Dear @Xenomorph,

Surely, you are not talking about religion and politics?!? I am going to stop you right here. First off, you make some very good points but as for me, I am a member of Ashtan for one reason only, MY GUILD HAD to be in it.  Forced almost.  My idea was to have an elite group of killers that had no affiliations with any city.  The reason.  Easier to keep track of who to kill...EVERYONE except your fellow guild member.  Pretty simple.  But politics get in the way, egos, get in the way,  IDEAS, get in the way...So Ashtan is now the proud owner of yet another guild.

And you know, as I see where it all headed, it really didn't make a lick of difference.  They tore it all apart and re worked the entire system.  Which is fine.  

Look into high clans. :)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Dear @Trevize,

I surely will, thank you for your guidance.  This must be something along the lines of a city-less House or something?

Sincerely,

Cobra
  • 21.7 High Clans

High Clan status is reserved for clans that are strictly in-character and add
    to the depth of Achaea's roleplay. These are the current benefits that High
    Clans will receive:

- Ability for the clan leader to title clan members.
    - Ability to declare organisational relations with other RP orgs.
    - High Clans will not count towards your max clan slots.
    - Listing in a help scroll for High Clans.

- HIGHCLAN LIST will show existing High Clans.

There's a lot more on requirements and such, but it's not quite a House... but is an organisation with more meaning than a regular clan.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Dear @Trevize

I see, so can you join a clan and a house at the same time?  I will look into this more when I am in Achaea.  Thank you for the information, there are SO many new things.  I was a bit overwhelmed my first month back.  I can only imagine how someone completely new must feel.  You better like to read if your going to enjoy Achaea.  

I really can't wait to step foot on one of these ships.  The seas have been calling to me my entire Achaean life.  Excellent times are ahead!

Take care, 

Cobra
  • Cobra said:
     NO COMPLAINING!  EVER!  

Yes please. If you could get this to happen, I would be thrilled.

Unfortunately, whining about just about everything seems commonplace now.

• Whining about people that won't stop complaining.

• Santar said:

Whining about people that won't stop complaining.

Can't be perfect. :(
  • Dear @Santar

You know, you are so right.  I am only offering advice to the young ones that enter our lands.  Do whatever you seem fit.  I don't care.  Personally, I have seen it all and then some and now I suppose it's going to be a landslide with the amount of players that are here.  Ah well...Doesn't hurt to try.

@Terra, Well that is exactly what I am going to try to do.  At least throw the snow ball down the hill.  If it doesn't go anywhere, so be it, Achaea stays the same.  If it starts to snowball...then maybe new players will understand what us older players expect from them.

Take care and remember, try to have some fun..

Cobra  
  • Trevize said:
    21.7 High Clans

High Clan status is reserved for clans that are strictly in-character and add
    to the depth of Achaea's roleplay. These are the current benefits that High
    Clans will receive:

- Ability for the clan leader to title clan members.
    - Ability to declare organisational relations with other RP orgs.
    - High Clans will not count towards your max clan slots.
    - Listing in a help scroll for High Clans.

- HIGHCLAN LIST will show existing High Clans.

There's a lot more on requirements and such, but it's not quite a House... but is an organisation with more meaning than a regular clan.
    That's a bunch of shit scribbled on a bar napkin, kicked under a vending machine after it wiped up puke from the homeless vagrant out front.

Reality: Unequal distribution of goods, and minimal support. Have to fall into requisite categories of favoritism to qualify. /end scroll
  • Dear @Xenomorph,

You need to get out of the pen bro...You are going off the deep end.  Your visuals are good, it's just your attitude needs to change a bit.  Not that I care how you act, it's just, being confined is making you seem crazy...Maybe "they" are waiting for the day you calm down?  I mean...what did you do anyway?   

You used  too big of words that no one can understand?   I am not sure what you are talking about...maybe you could clarify without the negativity?  (I know it's hard @Xenomorph, but your not coming across very well...)  We can't read your essence man, your just words...remember that.

Take it easy,

Cobra

• Dear @Xenomorph,

You are so right, who am I kidding, as if self esteem and high morals ever won anything.  You know, these High Clans sound exactly what I wanted the Shadowsnakes to be.  Ah well.  Thanks for the story.

Listen everyone,

To me, yelling and complaining to the person that just robbed and killed you is about the lamest thing you could do.  If you have a proper complaint, then so be it.  But mouthing off to someone that just put you in your place is pathetic.  Learn to hold your tongue and say something positive or nothing at all.  I always asked to fight again, but that's me.  I would die over and over, just to learn.  Now we have an arena to practice in but these are my two rules for any elite player.

No complaining, fight to win.  Pretty simple.

Take care,

Cobra