Atlanta, GA

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
edited August 2012 in The Wander Inn
Going to be in Atlanta from August 31 - September 3, attending DragonCon and just hanging out for the most part around Atlanta. First time going to DragonCon, have heard mixed reviews but we'll see how it turns out. Anyone else attending DragonCon, or in the area that wants to get together for a beer or something, feel free to let me know.

Comments

• Dragoncon is pure awesomeness... So welcome to the club in going to one.
  • FinianFinian The Garden of the Gods
    edited August 2012
    As an Atlanta resident, I will be at DragonCon. It's right down the street from me.
  • I will be there with the 501st.

• Just checked in around 7am at the Hyatt, driving 13 hours after a 10 hour workday was a poor idea but at least it was tandem with a friend.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'll be staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Leave the office at 11pm, head to the airport at 4am, flight at 6am. Looks like no sleep for me. 

• I'm gonna go into hiding...

edited August 2012
    Finished packing, now just waiting. Coffee, ready.

• I am delirious with sleep deprivation, this is awesome. Am camped out in front of Walmart off Howell Mill rd waiting for it to open.

• Going to Voltaire at 1:30am, anyone care to meet up?

• Was there :P

And if you saw me, it would be evident. (At least post-posthumously )

Give you a hint. Look for a bard :P

Though not sure Im doing that today again. So another guessing game!
  • Nope. After I:Scintilla and another panel I won't be around the Con. Infinitely better plans.

Wasn't online the whole time I was there, but definitively can agree with the sleep deprivation. Dr. Schols and Gold Bond saved the day. Had a great time.

• Dragon*Con was great, between all the panels and concerts and (best) getting to hang out with Mayapple. I'm already signing up for next year. Anyone else planning on going in 2013?

Trey said:
    Dragon*Con was great, between all the panels and concerts and (best) getting to hang out with Mayapple. I'm already signing up for next year. Anyone else planning on going in 2013?
    Aye, I'll be there again.

• edited September 2012
    Thats what I get for my phone self-destructing, loosing Mayapple's number, and the forums self-destructing, also loosing my backup of Mayapple's number :(

Sad I missed her.

And yah, This was number 3. Planning on doing number 4. Unless I move drastically.
  • I'm going to D*Con next year. Ticket bought already. 

• Mayapple said:
    I'm going to D*Con next year. Ticket bought already. 
    Yay!

I'll be there next year as well. We should all try to grab a drink somewhere. Most of the big hotels had bars open at all hours.

• Sad I missed you all. I will be there next year again. Maybe then.
  • Going to be in savannah, ga for the marine corps ball for the weekend
    I'll be there next year as well. We should all try to grab a drink somewhere. Most of the big hotels had bars open at all hours. Also, if you are going next year, do yourself a favour and pre-order your passes, as well as look into hotel reservation now. If you want to be downtown where it all happens, you'll want a hotel reservation soon before they all get booked in advance. I recommend the Westin or the Marriott Marquis. 

• Hyatt, bitches.

Also, who all is going to D*Con? Sound off!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Not me. But I'm about 2 hours out from atlanta if anyone wants to make the trip and hang
    I'll be at the Holiday Inn - Atlanta Conference Center. Flying in Thursday at 1pm.

• @Tali sign off. Message me some details so I can bring you a drink, or somethin'. A thank you for being a boss while riding the M-Train on folks in the good ol' days.

• Anyone up for drinks later?

I haven't even been online this weekend. It was hectic and sleep deprived but fun. Sorry couldn't catch up with people; was here for business as well as the Con. Hope everyone had fun.

• Well, that was fun, to say the least.
  • OK, I have to ask did anyone go to the Kilt blowing?
  • Mayapple said:
    Well, that was fun, to say the least.
    So much fun!