Which hunting rune do you believe to be the most benificial to have while hunting

edited January 2013 in North of Thera

Comments

• Depends on class, stats, regen before berkana, and what you're bashing. Algiz is probably the best in most situations though.
  • Jera may be nice for strength-dependent classes, if your base strength is low enough that its usefulness isn't reduced by diminishing returns too much, but otherwise it's probably almost always going to be Algiz.
  • I have Inspiration for a strength boost and I'm fairly good health-wise already.  Moar damage reduction pls.
  • I don't see the point in Berkana if I have a Boar tatt. Only saying that as we're being forced to choose; in reality I'd just take the full set.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    I can buy artefacts to increase my health, and I can get tattoos to increase my health regen, but I cant buy a flat 10% damage resistance to everything. 
  • Sylvance said:
    I don't see the point in Berkana if I have a Boar tatt. Only saying that as we're being forced to choose; in reality I'd just take the full set.
    They stack. More regen never hurts.
  • @Sylvance boar and berkana don't overlap... It's just more regen on top of boar, regardless of anything other than somehow having level 3 regen before berkana.
  • Sorry, what I meant was that Boar Regen is enough for me given the premise that I can only have one rune in hypothetical exercise.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    I don't see the point in Berkana if I have a Boar tatt. Only saying that as we're being forced to choose; in reality I'd just take the full set.
    I don't see the point in 2 if I have 1.
  • Algiz for all the reasons listed above, but Berkana, Boar and Forest Harmony is awesome.
    Tvistor said:
    Achievement Unlocked : Made A God Feel Guilty.
  • +10 damage on high speed rapiers.

i'm a rebel

• Algiz - always a beautiful thing to have.

• i dont see the point of this thread. Just get all three, who cares which one helps the most

• Jera, because I hate asking for runes and it lasts longer!
  • The answer is none of the above, because Raido's the best hunting rune ever when you need to GTFO or grab refills.
  • Would have to say I prefer Jera, because of the time it lasts for.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I was gonna say berkana, until I realised I was wrong. peer pressure?
  • Have ALL the health!!!  And it lasts almost forever.

If I wanted more damage reduction, usually I just put down an anthem. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Iocun said:
    Antidas said:
    i dont see the point of this thread. Just get all three, who cares which one helps the most
    One day, a magical fairy will grant you a boon of one permanent rune on your Achaean character, but you only have five seconds to decide on which one. WHAT WILL YOU DO THEN IF YOU NEVER ASKED YOURSELF THAT QUESTION BEFORE???!

Perma jera ftw. +1 Str and con is 900 credits worth of arties.
  • I would choose Jera for the length of time but they all last the same amount of time for me anyway
  • Achilles said:
    Iocun said:
    Antidas said:
    i dont see the point of this thread. Just get all three, who cares which one helps the most
    One day, a magical fairy will grant you a boon of one permanent rune on your Achaean character, but you only have five seconds to decide on which one. WHAT WILL YOU DO THEN IF YOU NEVER ASKED YOURSELF THAT QUESTION BEFORE???!

Perma jera ftw. +1 Str and con is 900 credits worth of arties.
    +1 str/con arties: 900 credits
    10% damage reduction artie: priceless
    Pretty sure its 5% or maybe 7% if you aren't a shamans or runewarden
  • edited January 2013
    It's 10% for everyone.

I missed that change.
  • The best hunting rune is the one where you hang around Hashan during raids and steal Thaumas' kills.
    Sena said:
    It's 10% for everyone.

No there was a change months back regarding runes.
    Announce 3587
  • EldEld
    edited January 2013

Achilles said:
    Sena said:
    It's 10% for everyone.

No there was a change months back regarding runes.
    Where's that sadface button we've been asking for?
  • edited January 2013
    Berkana - Because having less health or taking less damage is strictly inferior to INFINITE health.

Also, it's a lion. Lions are cooler than trees or elks.