Achaean Raves

edited August 2012 in North of Thera
Just as the forums have birthed the thread of Rant, so shall the thread of Rave be born, to keep the cosmic balance in order, lest the multiverse drown in a sea of bitter tears and rage. 

"Wait, this wasn't a rave party? Damn, now what do I do with all these refreshments?"
"Shut u...is that a disco ball?"

Rave: Holding two arena events in a row, and finding them both nicely populated. Thanks to Havyn for the support as well!

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited August 2012
    Was one second away from posting a Rave thread, but I said to myself, 'No...no...go search again just to be sure.'

My rave is that since I never fish, the bait tank doubles as an excellent rum cooler. 

= S--@h++,H++,CE100%,W<-SE@35kts,C/S->N@0,VII
    p tank
    Heavy and dark, with an open top, this rectangular tank stands, nearly immovable. Its upper surface 
    is low enough even for dwarves to lean over and look inside, and the overall depth is shallow enough 
    to permit easy access to any bait therein, live or dead. Two ring-shaped attachments, one on either 
    end, mark where the tank must've been hooked in order to be moved into place.
    It weighs about 600 pounds.
    The blue and white body of a marble carp gleams here in the light. There are 6 rock bass inside. 
    There are 15 bottles of rum inside.
    = S--@h++,H++,CE100%,W<-SE@27kts,C/S->N@0,VI

Edit: Sooo...quote tags don't work.

• Vacation. Yay
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    @Kresslack, you know everything not bait decays FASTER in the tank, right?
    This is why the rum ends up gone.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Kresslack, you know everything not bait decays FASTER in the tank, right?
    This is why the rum ends up gone.

• Disco balls for Devo chaosrays, please.

• edited August 2012
    Synbios holds up a multi-faceted raveball up into the air and channels the power of Light through it. Rays of light shoot out of the facets, hitting everybody in the room with SWEET RAVE POWER.

You are hit by the light of pop music, and a terribly-girly song embeds itself in your mind, forcing you to hum it constantly.
    You are hit by the light of rock music, and your head begins to bob up and down violently in what is unmistakably a head-bang, throwing you off-balance.
    You are hit by the light of classical music, and you are filled with utter peace...or drowsiness.
    You are hit by the light of rap music, and you stumble as invisible pistols cap your knees.
    You are hit by the light of rave music, and indescribable lust for Synbios overtakes you.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited August 2012
    Rave - New and improved forums! My iPod thanks you for the ease of reading/browsing.

More raves - FINALLY being able to solo Azdun and Dun Fortress, and the ensuing awesome experience because of it. Getting a TF after an annoying and unexpected death (<3 Kastalia). Feeling so good, I hunt in UW for the first time solo, and try my first DK and live!

The days have been good to me. Now if I could just fit in some interesting RP, I will feel on top of the world.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • What the hell is rave music? Do you mean commercial house/trance stuff?
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Rave for Cardan in the Dais and for the renaming of the Quotening.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Lianca said:

Rave for Cardan in the Dais and for the renaming of the Quotening.

I will throw out another rave for this.

Also rave for that play, even if I didn't attend. <3 Lianca.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Wow, fast forums. It also looks pretty on my netbook.
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Bootsandcatsandbootsandcatsandbootsandcats

*gets distracted by lights*
  • These new forums are great so far!

Hey, question, am I understanding correctly that the players behind the achaean gods are welcome to post in the forums now?  For some reason I'm under the impression they were previously not allowed to join in discussion with minor exceptions (Administration/Dais/RP forum/etc).

Also a rave for titling that section down there, The Sewer.
  • These new forums are great so far!

Hey, question, am I understanding correctly that the players behind the achaean gods are welcome to post in the forums now?  For some reason I'm under the impression they were previously not allowed to join in discussion with minor exceptions (Administration/Dais/RP forum/etc).

Also a rave for titling that section down there, The Sewer.
    Well they will most likely only be moderating, but they may read and respond to it in-game with punishment or something else.
  • Rave:

Extremely proud of Trey, and the Maldaathi Knights as a whole. You guys are outstanding to work with and I continue to look forward to the days ahead.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Firstly to Katzchen and Aetous for always being great sparring partners. Learned so much from trying not to die to you two.

Then to Xeno and the other Maldaathi, you guys make the game worth playing.

• My rave is for Lord Phaestus being active!  I love hearing from him out of nowhere in HT.  :D
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it

Firstly to Katzchen and Aetous for always being great sparring partners. Learned so much from trying not to die to you two.

I feel hurt, Arador, didn't you learn anything from sparring me! 

Yeah I can't even say that with a straight face. :P 

Raves: feeling like more stuff is happening, more people are talking, and people just generally being around in the city. It really makes my day and I hope it continues.

More raves: My new proteges. They are awesome. If you read this please don't disappear on me. :(
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Haha, what I learned from you is that evade is OP. I kid, you really had me working hard for that kill. Nicely done! Felt like I was playing whack-a-mole!

• edited August 2012
    Rave: @Synbios Thanks for the help!

• Jurixe said:

Firstly to Katzchen and Aetous for always being great sparring partners. Learned so much from trying not to die to you two.

I feel hurt, Arador, didn't you learn anything from sparring me! 

Yeah I can't even say that with a straight face. :P 

Raves: feeling like more stuff is happening, more people are talking, and people just generally being around in the city. It really makes my day and I hope it continues.

More raves: My new proteges. They are awesome. If you read this please don't disappear on me. :(
    Arador and Katz have sparred heaps, so spar him more, then you'll get a rave. Hmm, or maybe a rant, considering how irritating it can be fighting serpents. :P

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Ferseth said:
    Rave: @Synbios Thanks for the help!

No problem, dude. I enjoy watching a new blade be forged. If you ever need help 'reforging' it if you don't like the name, just let me know.

• Sorry, I couldn't take the OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ anymore, so I shortened the thread title. :)
  • Well, adding a humorous subtitle should still be there. Something like 'The Ravening', to go with 'The Quotening'.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Rave 1: Getting playfully zapped a dozen time by bored Goddesses. Surprised Pen didn't take a shot at me for smooth talking his women though.

Rave 2: Big stuff going on for Vayne, exciting times!
  • edited August 2012
    Hello everyone!

As my first post, I have a lot to rave on, but mostly: The Occultists are just amazing. The amount of roleplay and fun is just fantastic. From scaring the crap out of me, to making me feel accepted, and everything in between! Biggest raves for Flair, Morro, Lianca, Loem, and Amunet, all large reasons why the place just keeps me excited and wanting more.

An additional rave - The Caliph, Halos. He may of enraged Ulisia by calling her a degenerate spawn, but watching him try to convert Fats made my sides hurt!

Looking forward to the future. :)
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Halos cracks me up.  I heard Darroth was getting attacked/assassinated by a group of Ashtani and after calling guards to help instead of healing or shielding Darroth he stood there and emoted that he was waiting patiently.  Only Halos.
  • Rave: Lord Phaestus telling Tanris to back off as he will raid Shallam, then he came and took our women. I went after him and prismed to his temple. Awesome event by Lord Phaestus
  • AitoxAitox South Africa
    The divine interactions of late have been great. Keep up the good work!
  • Only took a few months of bitching, and the return of the original investor.... 
    Aitox said:
    The divine interactions of late have been great. Keep up the good work!