Waking up after YEARS of sleep

So I've been asleep for the better part of 6-8 RL years and I'm thinking of waking Mags up. I have kept in touch with Achaea so I'm fully aware of all the changes.

My question is: how do you explain 100+ years of dormancy when you can't remember what the hell you did before you left? To join a House people want to know where you've been and what you've done. I have no freakin clue anymore. Probably the last time I actively played as Mageta, he was in the serpentlord guild! 

Comments

• Tell people you went exploring and got horribly lost, slipped and fell and banged your head. 
    Mostly people won't ask. As long as you're not enemied to somewhere, they won't really pester much about joining them

• I made a poem that told people Nicaara got depressed and hibernated in west ithmia in a hole in the ground for 200 years. She's a really hard sleeper too - she didn't even hear Bal'met roflstomping Shallam into the ground. 
  • I recently came back myself, after give or take 10 RL years.

Depends how you are with RP and what your previous actions were to a certain extent, but I have largely played it as a long slumber. I agree with Aerek in that you should play the amnesia as real - there are things you will remember and things that won't come to you till after someone has mentioned them.
  • Nim gets into Sanya stance.

Really deep Sanya stance.

Really, really deep Sanya stance.
  • Fantastic. I love all of your responses. Thanks so much. Literally the only thing he has on him is an Amulet of the Moon. I'll take it from there!
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Just get an Aeonic hourglasses and claim to be a n00b. Or an ancient. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • But who's watching that ship now?

GET BACK ON IT OR SOMEONE WILL STEAL IT
  • edited April 2015
    I just said I fell asleep in the Eastern Ithmia for over a century when anybody asked.

Merlin in the cave and all that. And there's the cave in the Burial Grounds anyway.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    As said before, Amnesia rp is the easiest to pull off, and nobody will really question it, if anything, people seem to be more inclined to help you remember/get back on your feet if you go that route
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Either sleeping or on resumed studies in Lothos.

Because I go dormant so often,  I tend to treat time in Achaea as shore leave where Skye tries really hard to readjust to Achaean life and fail miserably.  Also,  like every other student on summer/winter break,  she tends to go overboard and get really obnoxious. Eventually goes back to Lothos sooner or later.  

• Like vampire lore you got staked in the heart, but years later the stake was pulled out and you came back to life (elder vampire) come up with something weird like that
  • I have been a bad girl and was put into stasis sleep under Shallam until Bal'met broke the city.
    Someone unlocked my cell, we'll never know who unleashed me once again. <3

• Aldair said:
    I didn't tell anyone anything. No one seemed too inclined to ask either. The key is intimidating stares I think.
    Well a few of us did but it was fairly short order we had bigger problems on our hands... like cities blowing up or trying to keep a cohesive group together when being raided without city defenses.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • I recently returned after more than 12 IRL years of dormancy.

I explain it all as a slumber, but that is how I have always thought of it. My memory issues? Due to my age, of course! 
  • Sel was studying Alchemical properties of Soulbleed in the Underworld.