Quick Questions

Comments

• Skip is worse than veil. 
  • HELP ARTIFACTS MISC seems to be bugged right now. It stops at M and even cuts off the last artefact. Is that just me having this problem? I typo'd it just in case @Nicola @Makarios
  • Dochitha said:
    Skip is worse than veil. 
    Calling @Daeir. He's the one to decide that.
  • The idea that no one ever wants to prism to people without anti-prism is pretty provably false.
  • What is the cheapest way to grind through the blacksmithing ranks? Forging fullplate seems wrong with how much steel it costs.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Accipiter I think it used to be flails. Not certain on that, though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited May 2017
    I couldn't get enough data to work out the specifics of smithing experience*, but it seems plausible that it's just based on size. If so, focus on whatever item has the best size:cost ratio (for weaponsmithing I think that was lances, not sure for armour).

*If anyone wants to contribute, I need a full list of every item forged at a certain rank (descriptors included would be preferable, doesn't have to be in order though it's useful to know the first and last item).
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The above is accurate from my understanding.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • How do I see each ability or a list of ability under each Terminus tree?

Augmentation              The Augmentation research tree.
    Conquest                  The Conquest research tree.
    Dominion                  The Dominion research tree.
    Environmental             The Environment manipulation tree.
    Hunting                   The Hunting research tree.
    Longevity                 The Longevity research tree.
  • HELP TERMINUS. They won't show in AB TERMINUS unless you actually know them, though you can still check AB TERMINUS <ability>.
  • Does anyone know whether the artefact discount vouchers also work on purchasing artefact powers or does it only work when purchasing the artefact items directly from Merentesh?
  • It should say whether or not it'll take the vouchers when you attempt to buy it (not literally, should just be a reduced cost 975 for a reincarnate gem for example instead of 1000)
  • Vouchers do not work for purchasing artefact powers, or upgrading.
  • You can always buy the artefact and transfer the power.. Costs an extra 25cr to transfer tho
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Per forging: get familiar with lances and don't stop. When you have to go for a colour(s), go with white, alabaster, grey, and others like it unless you have a limitless supply of that color of ink
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Thanks, all. What about the artefact upgrade credits as listed in CREDIT REPORT? Do those also work when upgrading bought artefact powers?
  • Artefact Upgrade Credits work for UPGRADING an artefact (via artefact powers).  This is the ONLY time they will work.
    Artefact Credit Vouchers are worth 25cr, can be used for gifting artefacts, can be used to purchase an entire artefact on their own, and are ONLY usable when purchasing the artefact from the Delos Artefact Emporium.
  • Taryius said:
    You can always buy the artefact and transfer the power.. Costs an extra 25cr to transfer tho
    It costs 25 credits to add an artefact power to an item anyway, so it won't cost any more by buying the artefact and transferring the power. 
    Melaina Naftis - Spectral Arbiter of the Krymenian Academy
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Is it only the org leader who can view and make changes to the captain list of org owned ships? Is there an investible power that can be assigned?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The FLEETCOMAND investible power.
    Aha! Distinct from the Seafaring Fleetcommand skill I assume

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited May 2017
    That's Fleetsense.

ETA: FLEETCOMMAND is not actually a command someone enters. Anyone invested with the Fleetcommand priv in a House/Order/clan just gets all owner powers for an org ship (including seeing/editing the captain list).
    You're right, I once again prove my credentials as an idiot.

• edited May 2017
    Whats the average going rate on an SoA customisation if I want to change the basic look as well as the wield/unwield interaction and possibly the lash/unlash interaction?
  • Custom description is 50cr, each reaction is 25cr so wield+unwield+lash+unlash would be 4 reactions, 100cr. Although that's just the basic reaction cost, any additional complexity (say you want the reaction message to only appear when you also have a certain weapon wielded, for example) will cost an additional 25cr.
  • Really? I've heard custom stuff like that runs several hundred credits each.

• Reactions start at 25 credits for simple things, and go up from there based on complexity.

More complex things that aren't reactions, such as changing the actual messages associated with an item (e.g. earring travel messages), are a lot more expensive.
    I paid 275 credits to customise my wings, but that gave me different appearance and examined when worn / unwarn, plus custom messages for wearing / unwearing. You're looking at a minimum of 150cr for what you're asking

• Klendathu said:
    I paid 275 credits to customise my wings, but that gave me different appearance and examined when worn / unwarn, plus custom messages for wearing / unwearing. You're looking at a minimum of 150cr for what you're asking
    275 sounds kind of high. When you say custom messages for wearing/unwearing, I assume those are just reactions? I can't see why that cost more than 200, based on what I've paid for similar things in the past.
    Antonius said:
    Klendathu said:
    275 sounds kind of high. When you say custom messages for wearing/unwearing, I assume those are just reactions? I can't see why that cost more than 200, based on what I've paid for similar things in the past.
    150 credits for automatically changing the descriptions when worn / unworn, plus the cost of the 2 descriptions themselves, plus the reactions. I actually think I got a slight discount.