Roleplay Logs!

edited August 2012 in The Scarlattan Theatre
A thread for logs that aren't awe-worthy enough for their own thread, but are still things you wish to share (for those of us who like to share, but don't want to come off special-snowflake-y). I'll start us off!

Chord's First Protege!

Comments

• EiredhelEiredhel California
    edited August 2012
    I'm reading it cause I'm your OOC fan. Well edit and comment on it when I'm done.

Edit: Nuuuuuuu... What is with you Knights and riding off into the distance like bad asses. 

Meow, meow, etc. 
    Eiredhel's Family Tree

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    So -that's- where Garlan went.

I'm onto you, Chord!

(Lovely log. I've always enjoyed your roleplay style.)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    That was pretty lucky timing on the 'muffled cry' area-emote. Great stuff. And, so glad that the Congregation got to steal @Nafireak.
  • Haha I love you Achi :P
  • Late to the party, but @Jurixe, that log was brilliant.
    Encountered a newbie, and we started talking about Mhaldor. @Scarlot gave her permission to post the log. Not the greatest log on my part, but was definitely fun to take part in. Many thanks to Scarlot.

• Nizaris said:
    Encountered a newbie, and we started talking about Mhaldor. @Scarlot gave her permission to post the log. Not the greatest log on my part, but was definitely fun to take part in. Many thanks to Scarlot.

You grinned! Who are you, and what have you done with the real Nizaris?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

@Katzchen: He is currently pinned up, inverted, by his arteries tied around spikes in the Cathedral's Torture Chambers.

No, the 'grinning mischieviously' stock emote has always been part of Niz's RP. It's the stock 'smile' emote that he will smack newbies about for using. Also, 'laugh'.
  • What's wrong with the stock smile emote?
  • Sothantos said:
    What's wrong with the stock smile emote?

This is the guy who set us a task to consider and prepare how we show our 'Mhaldorian' emotions to the world :P Also he is very strict with novices. I guess that starts after the conversion. 

That said, it was a fun little thing to sit down and do, this is my new 'smile' generally only used around heathens.

Katzchen's mouth quirks up into an unsettling smile, which doesn't quite reach her eyes

@Katzchen: Personally, I've always really liked the 3rd person message for enabling Vengeance: "A deeply unsettling smile crosses Nizaris's face." But, I'm not sure if one can emote that without getting shrubbed, because we're not allowed to emote combat abilities?
  • I could be wrong @Nizaris but I'm under the impression the rule applies to emoting combat abilities that are meant to act as illusions to fool a person's system.  Emoting a smile that appears that you have vengeance enabled may be a fringe issue there, it's difficult to say for certainty. Cardan, Tecton, Someone Powerful, any input on this?
  • Katzchen said:

Katzchen's mouth quirks up into an unsettling smile, which doesn't quite reach her eyes

I like this a lot. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • Nizaris said:
    @Katzchen: Personally, I've always really liked the 3rd person message for enabling Vengeance: "A deeply unsettling smile crosses Nizaris's face." But, I'm not sure if one can emote that without getting shrubbed, because we're not allowed to emote combat abilities?
    Just modify it enough that it wouldn't be picked up by triggers, and don't use it in combat situations.

• That's soulcage, btw. /Nitpicker
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Katzchen said:
    Nizaris said:
    Just modify it enough that it wouldn't be picked up by triggers, and don't use it in combat situations.

You can always keep the essence of the thing, but reword it slightly.

For instance, 'A deeply unsettling smile spreads slowly across Nizaris's features.' I'd think would be usable.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Inspired by Nizaris's post, I tried to join Mhaldor as I had good role-play reasons for it. It went like this (I have left all the conversations and attack but removed descriptions of rooms and such).

Title: Not Easy To Join Mhaldor

• RuthRuth Singapore
    You should've known better than to mail a letter to Proficy.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth

Azuen said:

Inspired by Nizaris's post, I tried to join Mhaldor as I had good role-play reasons for it. It went like this (I have left all the conversations and attack but removed descriptions of rooms and such).

Title: Not Easy To Join Mhaldor

Ogod, those evil people. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    We have all the wrong peopel in the wrong departments

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    It would've probably gone a lot better if, at any point in that, you'd decided to tell me you were trying to join Mhaldor instead (or a response in some form to anything I said)! I didn't hear about your attempt to join until afterwards and just assumed that you'd gotten lost.

But yeah they should probably change it so that CR5 and above don't automatically appear in the list of people who can induct.

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Jurixe said:
    But yeah they should probably change it so that CR5 and above don't automatically appear in the list of people who can induct.
    I'd love that. Would save me from being contacted all the time about inductions to Cyrene.
  • Jurixe said:
    It would've probably gone a lot better if, at any point in that, you'd decided to tell me you were trying to join Mhaldor instead (or a response in some form to anything I said)! I didn't hear about your attempt to join until afterwards and just assumed that you'd gotten lost.

I didn't know who you were. Should I?

Anyway, it was fun. And I went already knowing that dying could be a very possible result of my intentions...of course if I had joined I'd have died a lot, but I am already dead, so didn't mind much.

But, for the future, I hear people say here "Mhaldor is not for everybody", and I've come to think that perhaps "Not everybody is for Mhaldor". If someone goes with a strange story, maybe you could have fun trying to take him/her to your path. 

I say this because my plan was to say that (for a very good reason) I needed to be in Mhaldor, but that I was Good (Shallam was my previous city).
    You didn't need to know who I was, but it's kind of hard to try and roleplay with someone who doesn't respond at all to anything you do. I'd honestly thought you were afk because you weren't answering, so I was just going to try to rob you, then probably either kill you or snap you to follow and drop you somewhere, depending on how charitable I was feeling at the time.

We have a lot of people in Mhaldor (and try to convert a lot) with strange stories, it's just a shame the misunderstanding happened and we didn't get to hear yours. You can always try again through the proper channels, but if you don't, best of luck to you.

• It's a shame the martial law thing isn't working out too well. The 'You can talk to foreigners if you're converting them' clause essentially lets everyone do whatever they want.
  • It might be a bit of special snowflake RP so be warned. I've always wondered about the alchemical energies and the Oceans given its absolutely chockers full of salt and for a while Tahquil has been pulling away from them. This is a bit of self-gratifying RP with and old friend.