New Class: Pariah

Comments

• I am confused to how Blood Accelerate work. The log attached, I accelerated twice, it removed voyria, subject not dying. Tried this a few times, the same result. But if I accelerate only ONCE, it works, death in about 15s. Is this normal?

5eAhPjUd - ada-young.com (ada-young.com)

• edited February 2021
    It needs to be two accelerates before the 'blood drip' line (which you had plenty of time to do).

There's some weird issue where, if you do an acclerate after that line, it'll remove it/restart the timer on voyria back to 0.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Dochitha said:
    I am confused to how Blood Accelerate work. The log attached, I accelerated twice, it removed voyria, subject not dying. Tried this a few times, the same result. But if I accelerate only ONCE, it works, death in about 15s. Is this normal?

5eAhPjUd - ada-young.com (ada-young.com)

As far as I can tell its still bugged, in at least one way. And it crops up a lot more if you use transpose instead of scorpion/snake, probably because of how the timings work out.

As far as I can tell, if you accelerate voyria after its already advanced to near death, especially after the "You watch in horror as blood begins to seep from every pore in Mercer's body." line, the accelerate actually rewinds voyria some instead. But obviously doesn't effect the immunity knock from latency, so they can sip out.
  • Kinda wish we could get test server for this.  Feels like there are still a huge amount of things to be tested and a myriad of bugs go fix. 

I should be able to get to Voyria/Accelerate mechanics tonight and will share the results.  In particular I'm curious to see how it works WITHOUT latency, as well as the specific way it modifies the timer.

Also need to do a more thorough test of how voyria can still be cured despite latency (tree, passives, negation, etc).
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
           pariah
  • Archaeon said:
           pariah
    Pariah without tablet.
  • Archaeon said:
           pariah
    Isn't that just you
    Yes    
  • edited February 2021
    Not sure if I should post this in the scripts section, but for those who are having trouble setting up Pariah battlerage attacks in keneanung's bashing script, here's what you should do:

1. Locate the bashing script in your Mudlet folder. The path should be <drive:>\Users\<user>\.config\mudlet\profiles\Achaea\Bashing\script.lua in Windows systems.

2. Open the file in a text editor such as Sublime Text.

3. Look for the function called local sortDepthswalkerBattlerage. Function should look like this:
    local sortDepthswalkerBattlerage = function()

debugMessage("sorting brage for walkers", {battlerageSkills = battlerageSkills})

if class ~= "Depthswalker" or #battlerageSkills ~= 6 then return end
    	battlerageSkills[2], battlerageSkills[3], battlerageSkills[4] = battlerageSkills["curse"], battlerageSkills["nakail"], battlerageSkills["lash"]

battlerageSkills["curse"].affliction = "aeon"
    	battlerageSkills["boinad"].affliction = "charm"

battlerageSkills["erasure"].affsUsed = {
    		"amnesia",
    		"weakness"
    	}

debugMessage("sorted brage for walkers", {battlerageSkills = battlerageSkills})
    end

4. Create a new function - for this example let's use sortPariahBattlerage. Copy over the sortDepthswalkerBarrage function code and change it so the new function contains this:

local sortPariahBattlerage = function()

debugMessage("sorting brage for pariahs", {battlerageSkills = battlerageSkills})

if class ~= "Pariah" or #battlerageSkills ~= 6 then return end
    	battlerageSkills[2], battlerageSkills[3], battlerageSkills[4] = battlerageSkills["symphony"], battlerageSkills["scour"], battlerageSkills["feast"]

battlerageSkills["symphony"].affliction = "fear"
    	battlerageSkills["wail"].affliction = "clumsiness"
    	battlerageSkills["scour"].command = "accursed scour %s"

battlerageSkills["spider"].affsUsed = {
    		"inhibit",
    		"sensitivity"
    	}

debugMessage("sorted brage for walkers", {battlerageSkills = battlerageSkills})
    end

5. Look for keneanung.bashing.handleSkillInfo = function(), then search for the function call for sortDepthswalkerBattlerage() and add the sortPariahBattlerage() function call as well:

if #battlerageSkills == 6 then
    				sortDepthswalkerBattlerage()
    				sortPariahBattlerage()
    				kecho("Finished parsing battlerage skills.\n")
    			end<br>

6. Save the script and restart Mudlet. 

Hope this helps!

• Please let fissure prone if it doesn't strip shield.
  • That could be nasty with heartbeat fissure.

• Saonji said:
    That could be nasty with heartbeat fissure.
    Could easily just have heartbeat not trigger the prone!
  • edited February 2021
    I'm confused, why would it matter if Pariah can prone + strip shield in exchange for 3.2 - 4.0 seconds of balance while delivering no actual Trace afflictions?

Pariah can't consistently deliver paralysis or break legs.  In what scenario would Fissure giving prone when not shielded be threatening in any way other than stopping earring or other channeled abilities?  Noting that many classes can do this (strip shield + prone) with a single combo, and in some cases, a single ability.  Kneel comes to mind.
  • I 100% understand why Pariah doesn't have prone, with all those mandatory prio swaps into quick kills. 

Not possible. 
  • Shecks said:
    I'm confused, why would it matter if Pariah can prone + strip shield in exchange for 3.2 - 4.0 seconds of balance while delivering no actual Trace afflictions?
    You are confused.
  • Now that we've had more time and I'm not boxing myself into a corner anymore, Pariah does not need a prone at all.  The lock isn't a kill, it's just a catalyst to lead into latency or scourge.  Expecting it to be a kill was a mistake on my part.
  • edited February 2021
    Eryl said:
    Now that we've had more time and I'm not boxing myself into a corner anymore, Pariah does not need a prone at all.  The lock isn't a kill, it's just a catalyst to lead into latency or scourge.  Expecting it to be a kill was a mistake on my part.
    This isn't meant to sound hyperbolic, but I'm not playing PVP on Pariah until it can stop earring.  You can earring literally at any point during all Pariah killpaths, all the way up until the killing blow, and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.  It's a fundamental flaw in the class, when virtually everyone involved in PVP has multiple earrings and uses them as a get out of jail free card.

A prone is not the only solution but I still see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have one.
  • Shecks said:
    Eryl said:
    Now that we've had more time and I'm not boxing myself into a corner anymore, Pariah does not need a prone at all.  The lock isn't a kill, it's just a catalyst to lead into latency or scourge.  Expecting it to be a kill was a mistake on my part.
    This isn't meant to sound hyperbolic, but I'm not playing PVP on Pariah until it can stop earring.  You can earring literally at any point during all Pariah killpaths, all the way up until the killing blow, and there's nothing that can be done to stop it.  It's a fundamental flaw in the class, when virtually everyone involved in PVP has multiple earrings and uses them as a get out of jail free card.

A prone is not the only solution but I still see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't have one.
    That's fine, you don't have to play the class.  I'm still going to, and it doesn't need a prone.
  • Shecks said:
    Eryl said:

Nobody tell him about urns.
  • Eryl said:

I mean the lock absolutely is a kill if it's done right. That's like saying a lock for a Serpent's not a kill, it's just a catalyst for voyria/darkshade/execute/behead.

It could use a prone for stuff like Phoenix... But it definitely doesn't need one, I agree. Earrings 100% are not a problem lol.

• edited February 2021
    Saonji said:
    Eryl said:

I mean the lock absolutely is a kill if it's done right. That's like saying a lock for a Serpent's not a kill, it's just a catalyst for voyria/darkshade/execute/behead.

It could use a prone for stuff like Phoenix... But it definitely doesn't need one, I agree. Earrings 100% are not a problem lol.

I'm sorry not really sorry but I am gonna call it as I see it.

The people who are all adamantly in the corner of "instant fast travel that can't be stopped using earrings isn't a problem at all" are almost always the same people who have invested in, and frequently abuse earrings.

Yeah, I'm sure Jeff Bezos is just fine with financial inequality too.

I have earrings, and I want them nerfed.  They're bad for the game.  Short of that at least each class should have a way to stop them around half-way into their killpaths, at the very latest, and these should not severely hinder the overall progression in that killpath.

Feel free to disagree.  I'm sure you do... because you'd die more if it was fixed.  So would I - because it would equalize the field.  The counter to losing 1v1s is to get better at the game, not to spend 800cr on a "no thanks" button.
  • Shecks said:
    Saonji said:
    Eryl said:

The people who are all adamantly in the corner of "instant fast travel that can't be stopped using earrings isn't a problem at all" are almost always the same people who have invested in, and frequently abuse earrings.

Yeah, I'm sure Jeff Bezos is just fine with financial inequality too.

I have earrings, and I want them nerfed.  They're bad for the game.  Short of that at least each class should have a way to stop them around half-way into their killpaths, at the very latest, and these should not severely hinder the overall progression in that killpath.

Feel free to disagree.  I'm sure you do... because you'd die more if it was fixed.  So would I - because it would equalize the field.  The counter to losing 1v1s is to get better at the game, not to spend 800cr on a "no thanks" button.
    Is this another rant about you bitching about earrings. Again.

I have 11 earrings. All of which have a vicarious sigil (8 MC).. which is about 12,320 cr in total for it. Earrings do not make me immune to 1v1/everything.

Earrings only 'make you immune' to things if you, the person attacking, don't have a contingency for it... But.. more to the point.  If you're trying to 1v1 someone who doesn't want to fight odds are that as most classes, you aren't going to kill them unless they have severely bad luck with room hinder.  What's next? Gonna complain that dragons can just gare away from you because Gare goes through sleep/prone/stunned/etc?
  • edited February 2021
    The only person ranting here is you mate.  I'm just making valid points.  Oh and shocker, another person with an SUV worth of earrings is defending earrings.

All I said here is that Pariah needs some way, even if conditional, to counter it.  Right now it has absolutely nothing, and it's unique in that way among all classes.

Earrings don't make you "100% immune to everything" (excellent straw man), I said it makes you 100% immune to Pariah, within the context of having someone logged in to earring to.  If you can respond to that instead of ad hominem or humblebragging about how much USD you've invested into your alt, it'd carry more water.
  • edited February 2021
    Shecks 

You talk out your ass far too much. I have precisely zero earrings. In the 12odd years I have played, I have had precisely 0 earrings. Not sure why you think I do, bud.

When you have actually done anything with the class aside from sit in your city complaining the class is weak (it isn't) then maybe your arguments will actually have some weight.

You don't know nearly as much as you seem to think you do, fam. Achaea 1v1 doesn't need earrings to not die; if someone is deadset on getting away from you, they're going to with or without arties.

• edited February 2021
    @Saonji

Nothing I said in what you're replying to was personal - especially considering I have no idea who you are, what characters you own, what artefacts you've purchased on them, etc.

Would be really cool if we could talk about the class instead of making this some e-peen battle.  If you think it's fine for people to be able to escape Pariah 99.9% into the kill sequence with absolutely no counter, then fine - that's your opinion.  I have a different one.  It's not like whoever insults the other person better wins the design concept they are arguing for.
    Saonji said:
    The condescension was a bit weird, though.
  • You literally quoted me in your reply, of me saying they aren't a problem. You got memory loss, bud?

This is gold lmao
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Shecks I think a lot of the way people responds to you has to do with the way you present your arguments. You say you want to talk/argue about the class, but then go and make some pretty unsubstantiated claims all the while pretending you are some kind of expert and sometimes even preemptively looking down at people who disagree. 

Saying shit like 'I am not going to play the class until x is added' or 'I bet you have a ton of earrings if you don't want pariah to have a prone ability' only hurt the message you are trying to get across.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• mycalium + sandfever gives dizziness. Dizziness has a chance to prone them. Prone is not immediately accessible, but is in the kit.
  • Dochitha said:
    mycalium + sandfever gives dizziness. Dizziness has a chance to prone them. Prone is not immediately accessible, but is in the kit.
    That’s not really the prone on demand that a lock seal requires, and any class with venoms has access to dizziness. You can’t try to move if you’re paralyzed!  Either way, my creativity was just in the pits and I was speaking out of ignorance.

I just couldn’t figure out a way to stop shield spamming after a virulence/transpose. Turns out you don’t need to even a little bit.