Break Points

I've been looking at a few different limb counters, and in one I noticed there was a trigger that would change the breakpoints depending on the max health of a target from using assess on them, and in another(more recent one), I noticed there is nothing there to account for the max health. Is max health not accounted for in breakpoints?

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Depends on the class
  • edited May 2020
    There are a few factors that determine breaking point. 

For a Dragon it's static. As in, no matter what, their limbs will always break in 4 rends. I believe Druids are also like this. 

For some classes it only relies on the target's max health and/or type of attack (e.g. Magi with its different elemental staff attacks).

Some classes rely on max health and things such as artefact weapon damage/level. (e.g. Tekura Monk w/ knuckles).

And some classes rely on max health, artefact weapon damage/artefact level, and things such as stances (e.g. Shikudo Monk and, unfortunately for you, Blademaster). 

So there's no real "one size fits all" limb break setup for the most part. It can be a very convoluted concept, especially for a class like Blademaster.

My advice would be to ask around with some skilled Blademasters in Ashtan or elsewhere OOC (Atalkez, Sothantos are some good examples) and see if they can point you in the right direction towards setting something up. 
  • Micaelis said:

And some classes rely on max health, artefact weapon damage/artefact level, and things such as stances (e.g. Shikudo Monk and, unfortunately for you, Blademaster).
    Shikudo stance has no effect on limb damage. To my knowledge, BM is the only class that varies based on stance.

That said, a good BM counter will take into account the relative damage you deal in different stances, which will still let you find a single, static break point for each health value.

• Sorry I confused stance with type of attack.