Red Dead Redemption 2

HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
Hey all, long time no ... forum?

RDR2 is coming Oct. 26; anyone planning to lose themselves in turn-of-the 20th century Wild West?

I'll be out there, PSN: Nutduffel. (I'm sorry, I'm very, very sorry.) Stoked to see what this new R* release will bring!

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    No, because Rockstar is doing their typical console only release and I'm not buying a console just to play RD2.

Would love to play it on PC, just was hoping to not have to wait a year after release to see if it's going to port to PC.

It's weird because they offer RD2 unlockables in GTAV Online on PC (e.g. the golden revolver, tomahawk).

• Eventually. Not straight away though. I'm lost in DA:I at the moment and only level 10 so I'll be there a while.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I also plan on getting it, but not right away. My planned purchase for this year's Black Friday is a PS4, something I've wanted for ages. It'll be among a collection of games I'll want to work through, not quite sure when I'll get to it, but I imagine it'll be towards the top.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • RDR2 and FO76 will be the reason I'll lose all the rankings I just worked to regain from going dormant.
    *Animated Signature*

• Kresslack said:
    No, because Rockstar is doing their typical console only release and I'm not buying a console just to play RD2.

Would love to play it on PC, just was hoping to not have to wait a year after release to see if it's going to port to PC.

It's weird because they offer RD2 unlockables in GTAV Online on PC (e.g. the golden revolver, tomahawk).
    same here bud same here
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Kresslack said:

Seems pretty obvious they're trying to give loss leaders to get people "in the door," so to speak! It's just too bad that the revolver and tomahawk are completely worthless against other players (but it's fun putting marksmanship to work with the pistol).

I found out the tomahawk's berserk special works if you melee kill while on a motorcycle; you can switch over to a firearm while raging and dole out some big damage.

• I got it. :)

Now I’m not to good with console controllers and I keep accidentally shooting people instead of assisting them. I’ve also named my horse ‘Bullseye’.
  • I keep punching my horse :(
  • We can have AAAA clan.

Accidental Animal Abuse Anonymous clan.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Threw a stick of dynamite into a KKK meeting.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Rode my horse too quickly into a rock. Flew off, rolled, fell down a cliff. Survived. Instant bear attack.
  • I've definitely ridden my horse into all sorts of trees, rocks, fences, etc. One cliff too. No idea how the poor thing is still alive.

• I shot someone by accident last night, outside this kerosene factory, and suddenly there were a good 10-15 people shooting at me all dressed the same
  • I wish this already had a PC port. The ex-girlfriend has a PS4 but I don't want to buy a game I won't be able to play once the lease is up :(

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2018
    I can't really blame them for releasing on consoles first. It's easier to develop for them when the specs don't vary a whole lot between versions compared to the vast amount of PC variations out there. Get some cash flow first, see how the game does, and then decide whether it'd be worth it to port over to PC. I would do the same thing.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I had to chase down an O'Driscoll and my Horse proceeded to fall over and get "stiff leg syndrome" and fail the mission. I was not upset or mad, I couldn't stop laughing. Only started today but it's a joy so far, the start seems pretty slow though.
  • who tf even remembers rdr2 when delta rune comes out same week
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Kiet said:
    who tf even remembers rdr2 when delta rune comes out same week
    "I didn't get a 1080 to play 2d graphics" said the man playing a text game.

• Just had to pay off $1000 worth of bounties because bounty hunters kept interrupting all of the random encounters.

I need to remember to wear a mask.
  • wtb horse that steers like car. I keep running into everything....literally, EVERYTHING.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Please video capture and upload for posterity.  I love watching them.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • If I knew how I would. I just bought an Xbox for this game and have no idea how to run it.
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    You should have the option in one of the Xbox menus
  • So I assume the upcoming online update will allow us to squad up, so who’s on xbone? My gt is BrotherRob007 hit me up!
    sipSh.."
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    If anyone's still grinding it out with RDR2, I've found a crew that has nearly 500 active members and is heavily into the frontier roles for RDO$ and RP:

https://discord.gg/Q4d8tA9 (RDRO Retreat)

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I played for quite a while after the PC release, but stopped shortly after the Moonshiner dlc. It's just still got the same Rockstar online problems that GTA:O had. Hackers, lack of content, and a lot of griefing. We would have 12 people in a session riding around together and two or three people would pick a fight, get pushed across the mountains, parley, start talking trash, then one we start to ride away go out of parley and start shooting again, mainly trying to kill our horses.