Tattooing

Hey guys,

My dwarf is going to trans tattoos as I love to work with ink. I plan to take-up ink-milling later in the future, as well. Being an occultist, I already work with inks, so it is definitely going to be part of my character to also help people out and ink people's tattoos in Hashan.

My question, what is the usual in the terms of payment? The adventurer covers the cost of the ink? I am quite happy to ink for free, as long as the inks are covered. What is acceptable in most cases? Do people sometimes tip?

I do not want Dredde to be unreasonable.

Comments

• This is honestly a really good chance to ask in-game from people like Bambi or other well known Hashani folk who can help you in things like this.

I think the best answer is to just charge the ink cost for all tattoos unless you otherwise choose to give for free (Such as when you have 2500 of each ink)

Vika tends to give runes out for free as a Runewarden, and since no one seems to really learn up to tree in tattooos, she gives trees out as long as they give her the 5 green inks (since I use green ink for hunting runes)

Again, it's all about how your character wants to charge, and I highly suggest figuring things out IG and within the House and Hashani community! Cheers!
  • Thanks Vika. Yes, you are right. I should try and ask and puzzle this out in game. I was just interested to hear what other adventurers across the board felt. 

Thanks for the response.

• There are hundreds of adventurers with Trans Tattoos, and they usually never charge for tattooing people in their own city (though most would generally expect the inks, or cost of them). If you did charge, you'd be in the minority (and possibly not looked on that favourably as a result).
  • Antonius said:
    There are hundreds of adventurers with Trans Tattoos, and they usually never charge for tattooing people in their own city (though most would generally expect the inks, or cost of them). If you did charge, you'd be in the minority (and possibly not looked on that favourably as a result).
    Yeah, like I said, I am happy to ink for free, but I just wondered what the norm was.

Thanks.

• I think you should ink newbies totally free. They don't even know you need inks for tattoos and usually don't have enough gold.
  • Furkhan said:
    I think you should ink newbies totally free. They don't even know you need inks for tattoos and usually don't have enough gold.
    A very good point.