Massively screencast/interview

edited May 2013 in North of Thera
http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/406940692

Enjoy! Thanks to those of you who came and chatted away in the chat room during the interview!

Comments

• "You have received message #1 from Siyad."

that made me lol, but still awesome! 
    meh

• Haha, yeah, I chuckled about that too. I wonder what Siyad had to say to him.

• Want that new client so badly. :|

• I'm on it right now. It's awesome! It's actually all I've been using for at least a month. You'll be able to use it soon.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    It looks neat. The new quest thing and all.
  • edited May 2013
    Good interview, @Sarapis!! You're an excellent representative of MUDs, bringing this awesome game to the public eye. Keep up the good work.
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • I didn't know about this until a minute or two before it ended, but yay, the Serpentlords are famous!
  • How many viewers did his channel pull in during the interview?

Watched and enjoyed it.

• Cahin said:
    How many viewers did his channel pull in during the interview?

Watched and enjoyed it.
    No idea!
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Cahin said:
    How many viewers did his channel pull in during the interview?

Watched and enjoyed it.
    Fluctuated between 130 and 150 - I'm sure many more will see the video when the story gets posted on the website next week!
  • Conflicting messages! Told I should leave him alone and let him do his thing by one Divine, then told I should train and orient him like any other novice. I keep trying to talk to him but he wants nothing to do with it.
  • I have to say the interview was fantastic!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Is there any written transcription of the interview? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited May 2013

Beau Hindman does a column on Massively.com called Free For All every Wednesday.
    I guess I misunderstood what he said - that the written transcription will be released Wednesday -- 
    thinking that he meant today. The transcription will (likely) be posted to his column next Wednesday (the 29th), at the following link:

Enjoy!
    "Under all that we think, lives all that we believe, like the ultimate veil of our spirits." --Antonio Machado
    "The belief that becomes truth for me is that which allows me the best use of my strength, the best means of putting my virtues into action." --Andre Gide
    "It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well."  --Rene Descartes
  • The full transcript is unlikely to be in the article he'll write to accompany the interview, but he'll probably pull out a bunch of quotes he thinks are interesting.
  • I believe he said (in the interview, funny enough) that he would link the full transcript from the article but don't persecute me for my beliefs if they turn out to be wrong. I can't be bothered to actually listen through the whole interview again to find out exactly what he said about it.
    @Keres I hope so. I just can't stand video interviews.

• edited May 2013
    If one is not by evening-time on the 29th I'll do it. Sorry for the wait :/ I don't have the time to spend on it if someone else might between now and then
    Keres said:
    If one is not produced the evening of the 29th, I will do it. Sorry for the wait :/ I don't have the time to spend on it if someone else might between now and then
    Hahaha, its alright. You don't have to do it anyway, but thank you 
    :D

• edited May 2013
    Cooper said:
    @Sarapis

I just called my mom and had her listen to the part where you talked about the credits. It almost made her cry - she still remembers that too. Thanks for the memory that I could share :)
    Cooper said:
    I hear I have a bone to pick with you :P

Edit: also, the money was for a 200 credit package :)
    This made me laugh a bit -- I remember having to buy credits through the US Postal system. And that 200 credit packages were almost the biggest packages available. And the check had to be written out to either Matt personally or later on to Achaea, LLC when he made it a business! 

And I remember when Matt finally got credit card payments on the website and I clicked "Submit" about 25 times and caused everyone a huge headache.

EDIT: Awesome interview, too!
  • Thanks for playing @Beaugh! I didn't know this was happening until afterwards, but I'll definitely check it out tonight. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Beaugh, sometimes as experienced Achaeans, we forget what it's like to be a newbie. People being so vocal about what is spammy, inconsistent, or anything else that is negative helps us to put the newbie-experience into perspective as players. Some of us have been playing this game for so long that we can pay attention to 10+ channels at once (I still can't keep them straight and miss-channel all the time).
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I remember money orders as well!