Returning player

ElynitharaElynithara Cyrene
edited June 2021 in North of Thera

Hi.

I am considering starting with Achaea again after an IRE hiatus that's lasted like 5-6 years or such (I don't even remember -exactly- when I played last time). It was super cool logging in randomly and seeing like 80+ people online, which... kinda is not how most muds are these days.

Anyway, I am going to use this thread to ask random questions as they pop up, starting with this:

• The system I was used (I think it was Vadi's) no longer seem to be around. Is there any user-friendly system available that'll just handle my curing so I can go kill some critters relatively safely?

Also iff anyone has any general tips/advice for just getting back into the game, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thank you for your help. :)

EDIT: I am just bad at understanding math. I was looking at the Elite Memberships and the wording on some of them really confused me.

Comments

• Curing is inbuilt into the game now, much easier! But also look at svof to help manage various bits and bobs.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • HELP CURING SYSTEM for the serverside curing. SVOF is a great curing system for mudlet. If you want to try the web client, Nexus is apparently a lot better than it used to be, but there's not as many good scripts pre-written for it (we're working on that) but NexSys is probably the best curing system for it so far.

• I am not sure if the webclient was around when you were but it also supplies a lot of information people usually use other clients to code for like maps, inventory, semi-auto targetting, self affliction tracking, neat little day/night tracker, gold counter etc.

Webclient these days is versatile as fuck.

• Just a reminder. Ask someone for help with anti-theft. Keep selfishness up. Should be able to find someone in your city to help with setting up and testing it.