Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Knight Limb Counter v2

13»

Comments

• AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    Why don't i just install this instead of making my own shabby one....
    Because you're a gross forestal and I don't support your classes. :D
    It's true Rangor..  he hateses ussss.

I actually installed this with Wundersys to play with - WSys for ideas, this to hopefully replace my own cobbled together script -  but there was a problem (one interfered with the other somehow, I dont recall).  I have been meaning to reinstall it solo and fix it for forestals. Just...  time is such a bitch sometimes.
    It's more that I can't pick up the class myself so it's impossible for me to test or even get the lines. My counter also doesn't really support multiple weapons easily, which I think is probably important for Sentinel.
    Caelan
    @Khalyon I'll take another look this evening because I don't remember what the problem was.
  • KhalyonKhalyon Member Posts: 38
    The counter itself appears to work, but when I install it my second prompt line disappears, and the prompt part of the the tracker doesn't show up. And thanks for taking the time to look.
    @Khalyon Only thing I can see based on the errors you posted before is that the prompt trigger corresponding to 1st person rend (i.e. your own rends) wasn't correctly closing the trigger above it. That may have been the cause of your issue, though it seems a bit weird. There's an updated version on Dropbox, so install that and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't, try to grab me when we're both online and I'll do some debugging with you.
    For everyone else (well, the four people who still have the class), I've added Earth Lord support.
    Caelan
    I already tried the new version, same issue though. I'll try to catch you online.
    Khalyon said:
    I already tried the new version, same issue though. I'll try to catch you online.
    This is a new new version, uploaded to Dropbox about two minutes before I posted to fix the rend trigger problem.
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 1,953 @ - Epic Achaean
    Antonius said:

It's more that I can't pick up the class myself so it's impossible for me to test or even get the lines. My counter also doesn't really support multiple weapons easily, which I think is probably important for Sentinel.
    I can get you the lines if you really want. What else do you need?

I'd like to get it going for forestals and I also have a knight class to switch to (and monk) that I would like to not have to go through all the testing for again.,

I'm still having issues getting the prompt to show up for wundersys. I have been able to narrow it down to this Error though.

[ERROR:] object:<Attacking prompt> function:<Trigger254>
            <[string "Script: Targetting"]:205: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)>

Any help would be appreciated.
  • ErylEryl ✭✭ - Stalwart Member Posts: 19 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Khalyon said:
    I'm still having issues getting the prompt to show up for wundersys. I have been able to narrow it down to this Error though.

<[string "Script: Targetting"]:205: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)>

Make sure you’ve added all the stuff Antonio’s says to add to your target alias! It sounds like the target is not being set.
    Cooper
    Khalyon said:

It looks like antonius.target probably isn't being set, which tracks the current target for the limb counter to use (including for the prompt tags). Make sure you've changed your targetting alias to do antonius.targetting.target(matches[2]) so that it all gets initialised properly; that also sets a 'target' variable and sends the SETTARGET command to the game, so you can remove that stuff from your own alias (or do it twice, it won't hurt).
    Eryl
    @Antonius thanks, I'll give it a try
    So not sure what I did wrong the first few times trying to set this up, even when I did remember to ad the targetting line, but it seems to work fine now. Thanks again @Antonius.
    So hit a new snag with the counter. Picked up monk, and when I target someone I get the error...

[ERROR:] object:<End> function:<Trigger272>
            <[string "Script: Tekura"]:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'modifier' (a nil value)>

any idea on how to fix it?
    Khalyon said:
    So hit a new snag with the counter. Picked up monk, and when I target someone I get the error...

[ERROR:] object:<End> function:<Trigger272>
            <[string "Script: Tekura"]:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'modifier' (a nil value)>

any idea on how to fix it?
    My guess (without being able to check the code right now) is that there's no default value set for knuckles level. Try 'tconfig knuckles <level>' to correspond to the level of knuckles you have; use 0 if you don't have them.
    edited July 28
    Antonius said:
     Try 'tconfig knuckles <level>' to correspond to the level of knuckles you have; use 0 if you don't have them.
    It came back ... [Antonius]: Invalid option "knuckles".

I went in and found the knuckles in the script and if I manually do ... antonius.targetting.conf.knuckles = 0  then it looks like it works. I might just add it  to the log in trigger I have so it sets it when I log in, unless you have a better way to fix it.

Thanks again for the fast response, and the help.
    Khalyon said:
    Antonius said:
     Try 'tconfig knuckles <level>' to correspond to the level of knuckles you have; use 0 if you don't have them.
    It came back ... [Antonius]: Invalid option "knuckles".

I went in and found the knuckles in the script and if I manually do ... antonius.targetting.conf.knuckles = 0  then it looks like it works. I might just add it  to the log in trigger I have so it sets it when I log in, unless you have a better way to fix it.

Thanks again for the fast response, and the help.
    Hm. That output would suggest there are some parts missing in the config script to handle the Monk specific options. I'll take a look at adding those in tomorrow, they must have been missed when I was moving that over.

You shouldn't need to create a trigger to set it every time - once it's in the conf table it should get saved between sessions - but it won't hurt if you do.
    Antonius said:

You shouldn't need to create a trigger to set it every time - once it's in the conf table it should get saved between sessions - but it won't hurt if you do.

Ok good to know, thanks again for the help!
  • TasusTasus ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Is there any chance of Blademaster support? Or did I just not read everything thoroughly
    Tasus said:
    Is there any chance of Blademaster support? Or did I just not read everything thoroughly
    I did some work on Blademaster years ago, but the way its limb damage works presents some unique problems for certain parts of my limb counter. I'll take another look at it when I have some time, but I can't guarantee it will be soon.
  • TasusTasus ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Antonius said:
    Tasus said:
    I did some work on Blademaster years ago, but the way its limb damage works presents some unique problems for certain parts of my limb counter. I'll take another look at it when I have some time, but I can't guarantee it will be soon.
    Alright! Thank you!
  • DarutanDarutan Member Posts: 5
    edited August 20
    I love the way this informs decisions, but I find that it doesn’t update the displayed count in the prompt very quickly / reliably.  Wondering if it is my class (DWB Runewarden), my prompt (it displays the counts, just delayed) or my life choices (I use single prompt).  Any thoughts are appreciated!
Sign In to Comment.