Them droods pounding away

13»

Comments

• Tanris said:

I know I'm going to regret this at some point down the line, but.

Most people don't def caloric over restore, just caloric for shivering and freeze (last I knew, what's latest svo).

There is an artifact to give two levels of freeze if no caloric with an eq cost of under 4 seconds.

Going to go put caloric at top in my system now.

Would require seperate que for druid 1v1. Scenario with blue dragon breath raining, stripping caloric on tick, while you are on ground with broken legs and being bite chained...
  • edited December 2012
    Yep. Pretty sure most home-made systems change priorities when they get hit with druid/sentinel attacks. And otherwise go back to more traditional handling of caloric.

Or they've got a toggle.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited December 2012
    Xith said:
    If you can hide the caloric strip in blackout, just do that. Then your two freezes within restoration salve bal prep them in perfect time!

If a person doesn't check caloric in an obvious blackout attempt to strip it vs a Druid then they are not worth fighting lmao.

It's like saying damnation is fine because I can kill a noob with no pre outrifting with it 

• I just ignore Xith. His combat expertise makes my head hurt.

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I used to hide hellsight in blackout for damnation. But it was always luck based tactic. Hellsight is hidden in blackout, but affliction ticks after that are not.
  • Smoke affs are bad for hiding in blackout anyways since you can just smoke for free when coming out of blackout. No need to even check whether you have it. Only "cost" of smoking is opening yourself a bit more to pipelocks, but that's a danger that only really applies in a select few circumstances and can generally be avoided. (Just not smoking excessively when you can't refill is a good start.)
  •  

Garao said:
    Xith said:
    If you can hide the caloric strip in blackout, just do that. Then your two freezes within restoration salve bal prep them in perfect time!

If a person doesn't check caloric in an obvious blackout attempt to strip it vs a Druid then they are not worth fighting lmao.

It's like saying damnation is fine because I can kill a noob with no pre outrifting with it 

Most people check blackout for afflictions, much more often than defenses. Obviously little tricks like that won't work top-tier, but you can freeze/pound 4 out of 5 people with that. Sounds like Freeze/Pound isn't the direction you want to go with top-tier. How much does pound do without them being frozen?

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • It misses.

Also 4 out of 5 people (who fight) will redef caloric. It's not a matter of being top-tier, just a matter of typing in diag and def while being blacked out (if Svo doesn't already do that for you).

• I meant if they're prone and not frozen. Cause by the sound of it, if Hydra or some other morph can prep limbs well enough, and pound can do something like bbt, you might have a 2-shot kill instead of 1. But I have to ask questions because fact of the matter, most druids don't fight or aren't formidable.
  • regular pound damage sucks pretty hard and is slow
  • And I don't suppose the morphs allow for any sort of true lock or affliction stack that would slow the salve balance enough to get that 3rd freeze in there. But as Tanris said, most don't prioritize freeze above limbs. So you have that. Or you have the blackout option for people who do and won't redef caloric.

I don't know how else a Druid kills except damage (which will do me in, being a lightly artied jester), so can we conclude that top-tier druid is broken or just that freezepound is?

• Garao said:

It misses.

Also 4 out of 5 people (who fight) will redef caloric. It's not a matter of being top-tier, just a matter of typing in diag and def while being blacked out (if Svo doesn't already do that for you).
    I don't think 4 out of 5 people check def every time they're blackouted. I certainly don't.

• You don't check def in blackout while fighting a Druid? Whatever noob, that's your problem.

<3

• Just applying caloric seems easier.

I don't think I ever fought a druid though.
  • I check def because it's easier to see if the tarot user/meta user stripped speed/stripped caloric by doing that then taking the time to add the two lines of code to my system that would auto reapply caloric/sip speed regardless.

Party right, party hard,

• Things like this make me sad because they remind me of how many things I haven't coded due to laziness.

Party right, party hard,

• edited December 2012
    You should see my notepad of system ideas. Only a notepad...

• edited December 2012
    I just have one big text file with system todos. I tend to be reasonably successful though at removing items at a similar rate than adding them (it helps that many of them are just tiny little tweaks and optimisations). Many of the small things I implement right away anyways when I think of them. Sometimes in mid-combat.
  • /Documents/Games/Online/Achaea/Xith/... 30+ TextEdit files for notes on different things.