Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Fishing

13»

Comments

  • DodderDodder Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tekk said:
    Sancero said:
    Can we just cut out the middle man and have a denizen that buys willpower and endurance for gold?
    No! Because you still need a risk of losing said gold. 


    Surely, so give it a 2.5% chance of working, the other 97.5% being dying with no willpower/endurance when you arrive at cave. 

  • JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Member Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    lol @ Endurance/willpower drain. I would just perform the seaprayer and heartstop at sea to regen my endurance/wp. Pointless to apply drains to fishing.

    My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

  • ShecksShecks Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited February 2014
    Fishing is not profitable enough to merit massive drains.  I paid 1250 credits to (deap sea) fish, and optimistically make 12,000 gold per hour, avaraged (compared to 50-75k bashing).  I'm looking at well over 700 hours of fishing just to pay for my equipment to start off.  Limiting it further with endurance drains would be overkill, and would be a little mean to all of the people that shelled out cash for buckets during the last promotion.
    "Ignore the boos.  They usually come from the cheap seats."
    Xith
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,764 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This thread is a year old.

    And you don't average 50-75k an hour bashing.

    ShecksErnam
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,154 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    600 gold profit from fishing for an hour with medium bait. Right then.
  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 2,542 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I was getting ~40k/hour from deep sea fishing. I'd say it's about equal to bashing on profitability, if you have your own source of bait.

  • ShecksShecks Member Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Cooper said:
    This thread is a year old. And you don't average 50-75k an hour bashing.
    Ah, oops.  But I certainly do, counting talismans.
    "Ignore the boos.  They usually come from the cheap seats."
  • SantarSantar Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Silas said:
    I was getting ~40k/hour from deep sea fishing. I'd say it's about equal to bashing on profitability, if you have your own source of bait.
    There's no way you're getting 40k an hour from deep sea fishing.

    image

    Josoul
  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 2,542 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Admittedly it's been a long time since I last went fishing for a prolonged period. Gold has probably been nerfed several times since then from it. 12k sounds like a ridiculously low number, though.

  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,918 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Usually if I spend about 100 bait, I get about 90k, right now.

    100 bait, though, will take me three-ish hours, though I haven't paid that close of attention, as I'm usually multi-tasking and not watching the time.

    Bashing is more profitable if you know what you're doing and everyone and their mother isn't bashing (or if you have chewhatever wings to access islands easily), but for multi-tasking and a slightly lazier motto, fishing isn't bad at all.

    My only complaint about fishing is being so cut off from the rest of the world. I like being able to have people drop in on me, or I invite them over, at any given point. Then again, bashing has a similar problem, so I suppose it's just going to be one of those continued annoyances.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 2,542 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I find fishing way more sociable than bashing. If you group bash you can't really socialise, but if everybody's stood around fishing you can do pretty much anything since (some) people only have to pause to recast.

    SenaNemutaurDraekar
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,881 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Socialising while bashing is easy, take turns resskilling the people who go afk.

     i'm a rebel

  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,954 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I just tried deepsea fishing for the first time after the strength changes (making it not matter for fishing). It was much better than before. My average reeling distance was significantly higher (I always fished with 11-13 strength before), and it might have just been luck but I was catching fish extremely fast compared to what I usually got.

    I used 50 bait, which took me almost exactly 2.5 hours, and the 43 fish (I lost 7) sold for 39539 gold, so that's about 11k profit per hour, paying full price for bait. Even without the bait cost, it's only 16k per hour. I don't see how anyone could get 40k an hour.

    I was casting medium this time (before the changes, medium seemed to be the best for 12-ish strength), I'll try long and short later, but I doubt either is going to double my profit.
    NemutaurKenway
  • RispokRispok Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Sena said:
    I just tried deepsea fishing for the first time after the strength changes (making it not matter for fishing). It was much better than before. My average reeling distance was significantly higher (I always fished with 11-13 strength before), and it might have just been luck but I was catching fish extremely fast compared to what I usually got.

    I used 50 bait, which took me almost exactly 2.5 hours, and the 43 fish (I lost 7) sold for 39539 gold, so that's about 11k profit per hour, paying full price for bait. Even without the bait cost, it's only 16k per hour. I don't see how anyone could get 40k an hour.

    I was casting medium this time (before the changes, medium seemed to be the best for 12-ish strength), I'll try long and short later, but I doubt either is going to double my profit.
    Fishing has gotten better for most people, but for me it has become very very bad in comparison to what it used to be. I understand that removing strength made it more fun for more people, but I have 22 strength, so the difference from that to normalised is crippling. 40k an hour is a gross overestimation, but with very high strength you could earn quite a bit under the old mechanics, maybe around 25 or 30k.
  • SilasSilas Member Posts: 2,542 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2014
    40k was a long time ago, yeah.

  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,583 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2014
    Sarapis said:
    That's really not the point of willpower and endurance. ;) They are gating mechanisms that can as easily be applied to fishing as anything else that we wish to discourage the 24/7 nature of. 
    @Sarapis im curious about this. If that is so...why was endurance and willpower removed as a mechanic in imperian? >>
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,732 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Because Imperian decided they didn't want/need those gating mechanisms? That has literally zero relevance to Achaea though.
    Nemutaur
13»
Sign In to Comment.