Hunting Motivation

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Already got level 80, Although getting back the experience that the Moon stole from me isn't bad motivation
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I bashed to dragon in one stretch by pretending i was vigorously enjoying this up and down hand motion.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    I bashed to dragon in one stretch by pretending i was vigorously enjoying this up and down hand motion.
    you mean like hitting the enter key repeatedly?
  • Valden said:
    Mishgul said:
    you mean like hitting the enter key repeatedly?
    I think he meant... something very different :\
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Carmain said:
    (Market): WTB rl Mindseye

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I used to hate bashing with a passion, until I met Proficy. There was absolutely no -ing way he was going to beat me getting to dragon, so I got level 99.

Having someone to race and beat helped loads.

(Party): Crixos says, "Open your wunjos, people of Sapience."
    (Party): Crixos says, "Be nairated by my words."
  • Entaro said:

I used to hate bashing with a passion, until I met Proficy. There was absolutely no -ing way he was going to beat me getting to dragon, so I got level 99.

Having someone to race and beat helped loads.

I met Proficy, and I still hate bashing. With a passion. Only reason to bash is for essence, and shrines suck. 
  • Mishgul said:
    iirc I got you Dragon after you vivi'd me during a raid >(
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

Wysteria said:

Mishgul said:

Wysteria said:

Mishgul said:

Up and down. Up and down

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Up and down back and forth faster faster?

• Cooper said:
    Up and down back and forth faster faster?
    Only if you take your shirt off, I believe.
    Wysteria said:
    Mishgul said:

I actually got dragon in a ritual in Mhaldor, but I got dragon for the 123121312th time off you in a raid. I really need to bash a proper buffer

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Entaro said:

I used to hate bashing with a passion, until I met Proficy. There was absolutely no -ing way he was going to beat me getting to dragon, so I got level 99.

Having someone to race and beat loads helped.

ftfy
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I start bashing when I run out of money. 

Otherwise, I barely ever hunt alone. It's just boring. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • You have to actually want something from hunting and make a decision. For me I decided I was getting Dragon. I wanted it bad, not just kinda.

Its always easy to handicap yourself. Make an end goal that makes sense for what you want out of it, then scale that goal down to smaller goals. After that its just getting lost in the process!

Its a theory, might be wrong :p
  • Mishgul said:
    Wysteria said:
    Mishgul said:

I actually got dragon in a ritual in Mhaldor, but I got dragon for the 123121312th time off you in a raid. I really need to bash a proper buffer
    Eleusians are not exactly appropriate xp buffers…most of the time :|
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Anaidiana said:
    echoing a lot of the already suggested things (because that's what worked for me)

-xp goal (5% for the higher levels)
    -gold goal
    -racing against friends on xp rankings (your rank -15) (I will catch you, @prythe! Rawr!)
     (similarly cackling to yourself when you pass people you hate >.>)

small steps are key. 

Also, create your hunting loop and stick to it. make it a big loop where journeying from one area to the next is simple, this way, if your favourite area is hunted clear, you can just move on to the next one. 
    I did enjoy passing many certain people on the way to Dragon.

As for @Anaidiana.... Muah!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• @hermaldo - yay for the feelgoods, and grats on the job!

• Though it's important to remember that if you really dislike bashing, very little can be done to change that. When me and Sothantos were both in our low 90s we decided to race to dragon. You can see how well that went for me.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Since posting this thread I've hardly had time to hunt between all the raids, combat preparations and RP opportunities.
    Mostly been hunting sewer Thugs to make back the experience lost in raids. 
  • I don't know Penwize's secret, but I know right now I can do most any normal RP with folks while I hunt because it's become that mindless, so I generally have conversations with people in the middle, and don't miss much.

Other than that, get a second monitor and just watch Flight of the Conchords over and over and over again
  • I get the motivation to hunt about once a month. 

I make a character and hunt for about a week to level 75 and then quit and do it again a couple of weeks later. :(

• edited February 2013
    For me, bashing is like dancing. Vodka, music, and a good partner make it fun.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited February 2013
    Xeno, I love you, man.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I've missed you, Xenomorph.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• After thinking about it for a couple minutes, looking back on it....I'm reminded of the time I watched golf on tv for 5 hours, on a lazy Sunday afternoon...

After I was done, I was left with reactions such as, "What was the point of that?", "Why show something that nobody wants to see?!" and of course, "Oh well, I doubt I'll do something like that again, you handsome devil you!"

Facepalming high above the clouds, Sarapis put an end to any confusion He may have ever had as to what 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag looks like from this angle.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.