What do you do in Achaea?

As Achaea is the text world we have all come to love, we all have our ways to enjoy our time in it. When you're playing Achaea, what do you do for fun other than the stereotypical "Hunt and PvP"?

Comments

• Hunt, earn gold, manage shops, house stuff
  • Talk on TMC, of course.
  • We're supposed to do something? 

F**^!
  • Daeir said:
    Laze about with my text-family on one of my primary characters or explore the wilderness areas looking for neat spots. Or run about harvesting and performing fertility rites on most of overworld Sapience since I hate seeing fully harvested plants lying around.
    I thought you had a rant/quote about flowing in on 'fertility rites' and being horrified.

On topic, while pausing for the periodic duel, I flirt shamelessly, drink on the sly and play rapier roulette.

• I mainly yell at people like Daeir for being HR 3 after all this time.

I can behead people again now though, so they have more incentive to advance.
  • Daeir said:
    Tvistor said:
    I mainly yell at people like Daeir for being HR 3 after all this time.

The spars are putting me off. I hate spars, because I will lose all of them. Get me to kill 5 heathens in cold blood instead and I'm totally happy with that. I just really hate sparring.
    Wow, luckily I'm not in Mhaldor too. Hate sparring too. Even donating 1 million gold would be easier...
  • edited December 2012
    Daeir said:
    Tvistor said:
    I mainly yell at people like Daeir for being HR 3 after all this time.

The spars are putting me off. I hate spars, because I will lose all of them. Get me to kill 5 heathens in cold blood instead and I'm totally happy with that. I just really hate sparring.
    I'm of two minds on the Mhaldor sparring thing.  I hate sparring.  On one had, just get in the arena, lose if you're going to, log, write some crap in a journal, turn it in.  I don't remember from my other characters (largely inactive) if Mhaldor needed you to -win- the spars.  

On the other hand, though Mhaldor's RP is admittedly largely martial, some may avoid the excellent other RP opportunities Mhaldor has with its ideology because of the large public combat image.   

I've equally avoided advancement work on other characters because of annoying requirements involving the arena. 

Edit: Conversely, many people avoid advancing for the opposite end of the spectrum: death by essay/ritual/annoying emotes.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2012
    :(

ETA:
    Don't choose 8856!

See, if you choose it, it won't be random and your post will be false. :)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Delete 666 (Nightcrawler)

Also 1371 (don't know who that is)

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited December 2012
    I write scrolls, copy books for the EF library and my personal copy, educate novices, delegate, fish, sail, dive, visit islands, RP. :)
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited December 2012
    Mudsex

BTW - If you want to join the mudsex clan, just do IMALOSER ingame, kthx
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited December 2012
    Aside of hunting and usual stuff, I try to be of entertaining company for people, aswell as a courtesan.

In a more long term point of view, my clan is still building up.
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2012
    I do almost everything possible in Achaea. I fight on occassion, pretend to be a scholar/ritualist, be a pseudo-leader (because nobody else seems to know how to have a commanding presence), and sail. Since Shallam sunk, I haven't sailed as much though.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Afk and smack talk on the forums. When I grow up, I'll be a productive achaean. One day! :)

• XerXer Langley
    Spar, edit scrolls, design items, exterminate, raid, defend, lots of novice work, gather ingredients, hunt, occasionally gank, (try to) avoid getting ganked, develop new combat strategies, try and get more coordination in raid parties, and losing levels because Monks are OP D:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • @Daeir You need to spar so when you have to kill someone in a duel to demonstrate Strength, you don't lose by pathetically flailing around with nothing but curare/kalmia and poorly timed impatience snaps.

The arena is really not that bad at all.
  • Making up excuses for why I didn't do stuff I promised to do and dying.
  • Mostly House stuff, minimal bashing, group combat when Mhaldor/Shallam want to play
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    I like to try and engage denizens in conversations regarding important events, then wander off when I realize I'm not important enough and the Divine probably want me to go away.

• Aktillum said:
    I like to try and engage denizens in conversations regarding important events, then wander off when I realize I'm not important enough and the Divine probably want me to go away.
    Aww, don't think that! I RP'd with a denizen and Terra and felt like the denizen was more interested in her than me, but I kept going and it turned out okay.
  • Aktillum said:
    Same here. I hate going to a house denizen over and over trying to solicit some sort of reaction to a pertinent situation without response, only to have said denizen acknowledge my text girlfriend and I holding hands in his presence. WTF
  • Amunet said:
    Threaten the guys in the Cult of Babel with emasculation. Plan, organise, and then force all of the grumbling gentlemen in the House and Cult to attend various cultural and social events.

We love the attention, @Amunet. The threats also serve as a good way for the non-Occultists in the Cult to bond with you Occultist bastards. :P
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • Nothing. None of my characters have a social life, really, outside of the random (but cordial) tell or Ashtani gank.
  • To OP: Which one?
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π