Svof

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    mapswap is a function from Zulah's GUI
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited November 2015

Today I present to you svof release v10. This release does not have much new, mainly because there are not many developers and I'm putting my time into multiclass support, which is going forward. See https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/98 for details about that.

Without further ado here are the changes:

Full Changelog

Merged pull requests:

ETA: This release should auto-update if you have svof v9 installed.
    • KyrraKyrra Australia
      So back when I was running Svo, I was on a massive quest to fully empty some tuns in my House shop's stockroom. Eventually I realised that the only way to do this was sip vials down to the precise number of sips needed to create a single refill in the tun. This fun process broke my ELIST though, and it seems to have carried through with Svof.

I have no idea how to fix this, but it's very annoying to look at whenever I check ELIST. My elixirs and my venoms are still in a nice orderly structure, but this Unknown section is just all of the place and gradually getting worse depending on what I am holding or if my vials are put away.

Is there any way to reset this so it goes back to being normal?
      (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I wonder if it's okay to ask to separate the non-class related add-ons like tattoo inker (also have my own), enchanter (i have my own), refiller (tends to fail with 'cannot batch that many commands'), and elist (does what kyrra's elist is doing).

Each time I reinstall svof for updates, I have to disable each of them since I prefer the versions I have (or svof one doesn't work as well as I prefer).
      If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
      Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
    • AeryllinAeryllin Michigan, USA
      Every time I do QW or any other checking of names with ndb, it changes all my highlights for Ashtani to the color I have set for rogues.  On two seperate computers and profiles, no less.  Only for Ashtan - all other cities work fine.  If I individually HONORS them, it resumes highlighting them properly...right up until the next time I check QW.  Anyone else having a similar issue or know how to fix this?  Had it with regular SVO and it carried thru here.

• Aeryllin said:
      Every time I do QW or any other checking of names with ndb, it changes all my highlights for Ashtani to the color I have set for rogues.  On two seperate computers and profiles, no less.  Only for Ashtan - all other cities work fine.  If I individually HONORS them, it resumes highlighting them properly...right up until the next time I check QW.  Anyone else having a similar issue or know how to fix this?  Had it with regular SVO and it carried thru here.

I had the exact same problem, although it was for all cities not just one. Turning off MXP is what resolved it.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
      Kyrra said:
      So back when I was running Svo, I was on a massive quest to fully empty some tuns in my House shop's stockroom. Eventually I realised that the only way to do this was sip vials down to the precise number of sips needed to create a single refill in the tun. This fun process broke my ELIST though, and it seems to have carried through with Svof.

I have no idea how to fix this, but it's very annoying to look at whenever I check ELIST. My elixirs and my venoms are still in a nice orderly structure, but this Unknown section is just all of the place and gradually getting worse depending on what I am holding or if my vials are put away.

Is there any way to reset this so it goes back to being normal?
      So, I ended up going to another profile and copying the es_potions file from there to my profile for Kyrra, and that appears to have fixed the issue that I was having. 
      (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yae said:
      I wonder if it's okay to ask to separate the non-class related add-ons like tattoo inker (also have my own), enchanter (i have my own), refiller (tends to fail with 'cannot batch that many commands'), and elist (does what kyrra's elist is doing).

Each time I reinstall svof for updates, I have to disable each of them since I prefer the versions I have (or svof one doesn't work as well as I prefer).
      Currently, that is not easily possible due to the way svof is built. I already thought about that as well, but it will take some time, which I currently don't have.
    • You can always make a script that disables the parts you don't want, and have it run when Svo has finished loading. Something like this should do it (disables the alias and trigger folders for the Elist sorter addon, you'd need to add the other parts you want disabled):

function disableSvoAddons()
          disableAlias("svo Elist Sorter")
          disableTrigger("svo Elist Sorter")
      end

registerAnonymousEventHandler("svo system loaded", "disableSvoAddons")

Shadizar said:
      Aeryllin said:

I had the exact same problem, although it was for all cities not just one. Turning off MXP is what resolved it.
      I both clicked "Force MXP Compression off" in the settings, as well as doing CONFIG MXP OFF, restarted mudlet, and I still am not retaining my highlights properly.  Is there something else that needs to be done?

• Been getting an error message fairly regularly. On hitting the little blue "e" thing for the most recent one:
      (svof): The problem was: crippledleftarm failed to complete: ...rsuser.configmudletprofilesAchaea/Druid svo/svo:23533:
      attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)
      As far as I can tell, the error happens without fail while I'm bashing and an empty vial is auto-filled from the rift.
      - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
      - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
      - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
      - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
      - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aeryllin said:
      Shadizar said:
      Aeryllin said:

I both clicked "Force MXP Compression off" in the settings, as well as doing CONFIG MXP OFF, restarted mudlet, and I still am not retaining my highlights properly.  Is there something else that needs to be done?
      I have exactly the same problem. On my laptop everything is fine... on my PC it's all jacked up. tried starting from scratch... now profile... no dl of svof... but it still doesnt work on my pc. tried importing my laptops configs to my pc. it's still fucked up. oi

• i thought i fixed it by uninstalling mudlet... and reinstalling mudlet and reinporting things. and it worked when i first connected and i was super exicted... and now its back to ashtan just randomly reseting itself. if I honors someone it colors it right. and then when i qwho it's right but then i qwho again and its wrong. bleh.

• It's the 1st December and so it's time for another svof release. Since life is busy with me, multiclass is still a thing and contributors are few and far between, it's a pretty short changelog today. The download can be found at https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/11 but should also happen automatically if you are already on svof.

Full Changelog

Merged pull requests:

Just another reminder, svof is now a community project. While I don't have plans to disappear anytime soon, resting everything on my shoulders is dangerous. The project can need coders, testers, people that report bugs (they found themselves or hear from other sources, I can't fix things I don't know about), web design/dev people (I have some plans here), supporters and probably a host of other kinds of people I currently forget. So if you want to contribute, please let me know!
      Szanthax said:
      i thought i fixed it by uninstalling mudlet... and reinstalling mudlet and reinporting things. and it worked when i first connected and i was super exicted... and now its back to ashtan just randomly reseting itself. if I honors someone it colors it right. and then when i qwho it's right but then i qwho again and its wrong. bleh.
      Yep.  That's *exactly* what mine does.  Across two separate computers and installs and various profiles.  And only for Ashtan.

• Aeryllin said:
      Szanthax said:
      i thought i fixed it by uninstalling mudlet... and reinstalling mudlet and reinporting things. and it worked when i first connected and i was super exicted... and now its back to ashtan just randomly reseting itself. if I honors someone it colors it right. and then when i qwho it's right but then i qwho again and its wrong. bleh.
      Yep.  That's *exactly* what mine does.  Across two separate computers and installs and various profiles.  And only for Ashtan.
      What's funny is it works fine on my laptop lol

• So, does this still work? Considering popping back in for a while, but I'm not going through the trouble of learning to code so I can play a game, heh.

• For this release I've taken a break from multiclass to fix some smaller issues that came up in the meantime so the backlog doesn't grow too much. The thing that touches most people is the change in teh documentation theme. The content is still the very same, I just applied another style which should be better readable on mobile browsers. If there are any suggestions, let me know!

Another thing I'd like to mention is a change in the do/dofree system. Certain circumstances lead to the dofree commands being run after queued balanceful actions. This was obvious in my basher for example. The current implementation fixes that, but it comes with a small price: The current batch is broken up with do/dofree commands in between. Another thing to know is, that queued aliases should not use svo.sendc(). This would lead to those commands get appended to the current batch instead of the queued position.

Full Changelog

Merged pull requests:

You can download the latest release at https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/12, but existing svof installations should update automatically.
    • Downloaded the monk version and the system keeps stopping while deffing up and health/mana sipping while bashing on me for some reason. Similar to the following is what it keeps doing:

(def|sip mana|weathering|nightsight on|resistance|toughness|consciousness on|selfishness)
      (selfishness)(svof): Warning, lag detected (while doing/curing resistance)

All other manual commands work perfectly, though. So there isn't really lag.

Anyone else experiencing the same or have a fix, please?

• Wynedere said:
      Downloaded the monk version and the system keeps stopping while deffing up and health/mana sipping while bashing on me for some reason. Similar to the following is what it keeps doing:

(def|sip mana|weathering|nightsight on|resistance|toughness|consciousness on|selfishness)
      (selfishness)(svof): Warning, lag detected (while doing/curing resistance)

All other manual commands work perfectly, though. So there isn't really lag.

Anyone else experiencing the same or have a fix, please?

I had the same problem, most noticeably with selfishness from time to time. I would even pause, manually def selfishness and unpause. Svof would still not recognize it being up and continue to assume lag. Definitely not lag, I tried with and without server-side enabled. I also had a problem with mudlet randomly closing, giving me a c++ error during raids but I am almost positive this was being caused by conflicts between the name data base svof uses and my own name highlighter scripts. 

I ended up switching back to wundersys after giving svof a trial run, so I never did find a fix.
    • I changed some things with queueing in the last release and created a bug though I personally only experienced it after using the enchanter. Mudlet also uses a lot of CPU from then on.
    • edited January 2016

The first release in the new year comes with a bugfix that's the result of the last update. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Existing svof versions after version 8 should update automatically. All others can find the new release at https://github.com/svof/svof/releases/tag/13

Full Changelog

Merged pull requests:

• Fix infinite loop at selfishness and others after using certain do actions #116 (@Keneanung )
    • I'm having an issue where my health.mana changes are showing at the beginning of the prompt instead of the end. 
      Any ideas why this is happening?
    • Can you paste your custom prompt string?
    • I didn't change anything in the first bit of the prompt. I'm not seeing any errors either. I can post them when I get home, later. Thanks! 
    • vconfig customprompt ^1@healthh, ^2@manam, ^5@%endurance%, ^4@%willpower% ^W@eqbal|@defs ^white@%xp% | @gametargethp ^green@(diffhealth) ^blue@(diffmana) @affs^W-

This is my current prompt. What I'm seeing is this. 

Beginning of Guardian's Avenue.

The stars shine down from the sky above, bathing the arid land beneath their silvery light. A rune resembling a horse has been sketched into the ground here (raido: return location). There are 2 demented skyscourges here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. An obsidian eye sigil is here. Casually sending electricity to dance between the fingers of her iron gauntlet, a smirking War Witch of Ashtan stands guard. There are 2 thralls of the wheel here. A cauldron of shining black onyx stands here darkly. The Blue Dragon Ryzeth's imposing form looms.

You see exits leading northeast, southwest, west, northwest, up, and a wormhole leading to Pillared foyer of the Montagenet Mansion in Ashtan.

5135h, 4399m, 99%, 98% e|cdbk  3.5% |    -

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

(-62m, 1.3%)5135h, 4337m, 99%, 98% ex|cdbk  3.5% |   (-62) -

• check the order of your trigger folders and whatnot, you likely have whatever monitors h/m changes above the files that cover custom prompt, just drag the prompt up.
      Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I think the h/m changes and the custom prompt are handled inside SVO's text file thing.. 
      so should I fiddle in there and switch up the order? I've taken a look at the custom prompt function and it supposedly is in the correct order. 
    • KyrraKyrra Australia
      I think it's an issue with some in game editors. I've noticed that after entering the editor for room or shop room descriptions, my custom prompt screws up. If I jump into a journal or project editor and come back out again, it seems to fix the problem.