MUSHclient randomly freezing

edited October 2012 in Tech Support
Hi, I've got my setup all running good on MUSHclient, but it seems to get to the point where everytime I participate in a raid or anything with continuous combat scrolling on the screen, MUSHclient utterly freezes up and I can't do anything within the window at all, including stuff like closing it for around 5 minutes solid. Checked my internet connection and it's running fine, I'm averaging around 130ms when I ping achaea. I'm at wits end on what to do with it. Could it be me running too many plugins/scrips? Is something dragging the client down in my scripting? Anyone know or heard of such a thing before? I'm getting close to giving up with MUSHclient!

Thanks

Comments

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Mushclient used to hate me when I'd do shopkeeping, large amounts of spam and the whole lot would lock up. I'd have to crash the client and start up again.

I never did find a solution, but it's not a problem I have with Mudlet.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Two issues.

1)It's you.
    2)It's MUSHclient.

But in seriousness, MUsHclient has a horrible history with me even, combat and bam, crash. Couldn't do a thing. Switch to Mudlet, so much nicer, smoother, and it holds up better.
  • I'd disagree honestly Daslin. I've always heard many more complaints about Mudlet freezing/crashing than Mushclient, but that's just a matter of opinion. I've never had Mush freeze for me...ever.

• Kazu said:
    I've always heard many more complaints about Mudlet freezing/crashing than Mushclient, but that's just a matter of opinion.
    Nothing about that is an opinion.
  • Mushclient has never frozen for me and I run a ridiculous number of scripts/triggers and participate in spam heavy group combat constantly. I'd suggest:
    1. Make sure you have nothing creating an infinite loop. The one downside to mushclient that I've found is that if you do create one, it'll tend to lock up (you can make it not do this, but its more effort than its worth since you can easily avoid this ever being an issue).
    2. If you don't, save your mushclient world file, redownload mush completely and reinstall. Its possible you have a bugged copy or somethings weird with your build. As long as you retain your world xml, you won't lose anything (and make sure you keep any non stock plugins too, obviously).

Don't listen to those crazy people, mush for life.

• MUSHclient is ugly. Even its name is ugly.

• thanks for the advice, and i'll give that a try Tanris. Fingers crossed i'll fix it, hate being helpless when I log in.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Kazu, I've never had mudlet crash, loop, freeze or anything. Also, here's hoping Azzad gets it all working. Also, listen to Lindi Ortega.