Hearthstone

Anyone play? Just started a couple of days ago.
I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.

Comments

• I play it on and off really nothing really actively but I'll join in what's your tag
  • I play, but I do so strictly anti-socially.

• I played for a few weeks. Got all the heroes to level 10, got a bit further than that, put together a couple of crappy decks including a Warlock rush deck. Was fun sometimes, frustrating sometimes. F2P progress seemed extremely slow, and dumping in cash seemed like an endless rabbit hole, so I uninstalled shortly after Goblins vs Gnomes dropped.
  • Edahsrevlis is the name to add. 
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    @Xith you gotta hve your bnet number, add me - 
    cheesestep#1942
    its a great game, been playing casually for about 7-8ish months.  Only spent $10 on cards, rest has been earned with in game gold, I have some pretty solid decks now.
  • edited March 2015
    Yep! Love putting decks together in the arena. As an al cheapo F2P player it makes me feel less disadvantaged for not being able to buy tons of packs to get the epics and legendaries I need to complete a deck in constructed (although constructed is still lots of fun and not every deck requires tons of legendaries/epics).

Puggles#2246 if you want to add me! :) 
    ^playing for about 6-8 months, I have enough Legendaries/epics to feel accomplished enough that I didn't dump $100 into it.
  • I spent some money when it first came out, but just grind away now, playing a few games a day.
  • I spend most of my free time making decks that are ultimately terrible but pretty fun to play :D

battletag is Joefurry#1337 if you want to add me

Bumping this thread, add me - cheesestep#1942
  • 45 hour Hearthstone turn. Useless but pretty funny. Skip to minute 25:00 in the video to get to the good stuff....which is a French Hearthstone fan all-but-exploding in glee when his plan comes together.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/26/45-hour-long-game-breaking-hearthstone-turn/
  • HeroseHerose Nova Scotia, Canada
    Gave this a try and am loving it!  CookiMonster#1273 if anyone wants to play.

• So I was bored and I tried this out, add me? JDMerc#2619 :)
  • 11 is as close as I've ever gotten also.
  • I played a few games with @Elazar today.

OW
    <3
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Kez I challenge thee
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• SethSeth North Carolina
    I've been playing for like a month now. Feel free to add me Seth #11350
    Kez said:
    I played a few games with @Elazar today.

OW
    <3
    Fun playing!
    Bumping this thread up! I wanna play some more achaeans!
  • I abandoned this. Pretty much exclusively StarCraft and League of Legends now.
    Regions always annoyed me. Wonder the purpose of this....maybe stop servers from overloading?  Either way, you should be able to take same character/accn to another region without having to start fresh.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yes but then i can't play with my eastern european friends D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Elazar said:
    Regions always annoyed me. Wonder the purpose of this....maybe stop servers from overloading?  Either way, you should be able to take same character/accn to another region without having to start fresh.
    Generally you hear several reasons like stopping their servers from overloading, reducing ping between far-flung players and the servers, language or voice-over differences, cultural differences with artwork or models, etc.

Achaea won't be running into any problems needing to split servers anytime soon (@Sarapis and @Tecton would <3 LOVE <3  to have these types of problems, since that means people are playing a lot). And when it did run into technical problems before because of the large player-base overwhelming the servers, they just made Aetolia.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • edited July 2015
    There are a lot of reasons to region-lock games, yeah. The biggest ones are usually around price differences, so that companies can charge different prices or price differently in different regions, or because different publishers are putting the game out in different regions. For instance, when I ran Sparkplay Media (an MMO company that was spun off from Iron Realms), we were publishing in the US, and then we had a deal with a company in Japan to publish there, and one in Europe to publish there.

Take World of Warcraft, for instance. In the US, Canada, and Western Europe you buy it via retail software package which includes game time, and then you have to buy additional months with a credit card or prepaid card. There are also trial versions that will let you play up to level 20, I believe.

Meanwhile, in China, for instance, Western companies aren't even allowed to publish their own video games. World of Warcraft used to be published by The9 there, but has been published by Netease since 2009. Many Chinese players don't even have their own computers, playing in net cafes instead. They pay by buying game cards that give them a specific amount of game playing time, measured in hours (like, say, 66 hours) rather than "all you can play for a month", which reflects their cultural history of these games being dominated by players in net cafes where they're paying by the hour. It being China, the government also mandates gameplay changes specific to China. You're not allowed to have bare-boned skeletons in games in China, for instance, or show dead player corpses. I spent many weeks in China in '09 and '10 talking to publishers there. It's a completely different business and consumer landscape than here.

My guess is the region limiting for battle.net is a combination of regional publishing requirements and a desire to price differently for different regions, but that's just a guess. Could be more to it.

edited August 2015
    Man, i had a few lolz at this win