Globes of Shifting Continents - the December 2014 Edition

13»

Comments

• SethSeth North Carolina
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an artefact discount voucher!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3645 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 31 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 5 credits!
    You have been awarded with a globe's middle talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3960 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 31 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an Epicurean Sash!
    You have been awarded with a hookah's hoses talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2205 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 30 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 20 credits!
    You have been awarded with a globe's top talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1215 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 32 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 5 credits!
    You have been awarded with a hookah's base talisman piece!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 225 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 27 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Already had the sash, so basically traded it in for 333 credits :)
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Amarillys said:
    Masaryk said:
    Last one for the month...:(

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2745 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 18 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

Runic vial had elixir of Lucky. I will always take another arty vial :)

Not an arte vial. Soon as it's empty it begins to decay with 150 months. 
    Ah bummer. Was unaware, because I have yet to empty on out yet. Hahah.

• 17:43:24.447 The two halves of the globe split open to reveal Ogre's Gauntlets!

B)

~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    17:43:24.447 The two halves of the globe split open to reveal Ogre's Gauntlets!

B)

I refuse to unflag until I get Ogre Gauntlets.

• To be fair though, the other nine I bought were pretty pointless - got 10 sips of lucky, two carts, a worthless talisman piece, a lot of gold and ~60 credits.  If it weren't for the Gauntlets I probably would've QQ'd hard.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • Addama said:
    To be fair though, the other nine I bought were pretty pointless - got 10 sips of lucky, two carts, a worthless talisman piece, a lot of gold and ~60 credits.  If it weren't for the Gauntlets I probably would've QQ'd hard.
    Keep it up wonderboy, I demand Ogre Gauntlets.

• I just want the miniature snowy owl but not for 100 credits :no_mouth: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I just want the miniature snowy owl but not for 100 credits :no_mouth: 
    I have 22 animals on my other name, you do the math on THOSE. I'm almost as bad as @Madelyne.

edited December 2014
    So I got an artefact voucher of 25 credits off. Dunno if it's just me, but I was hoping A: these were VERY rare, and B: they were worth something like 50% off. Do they vary in their discounted value? I went from way too excited to bummed in a matter of one probe!

• They don't vary. Same voucher appeared in last months promotion.
  • They do stack, though.

• Right.  I anticipate, at this rate, I'll have enough vouchers for an SoA in a few months.  Not bad.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
    Yeah, stacking is not bad, though a man can dream about percentage vouchers :)

• I've had three globes, and each one just gives me ten credits, a vial, and random herbs/comms. Meh
  • Haven't gotten much this time. I think it's because last time I got ogre gauntlets and the mana sash. I fear I have used up my luck

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Mid-month and not a sign of a buckawn thread piece.

Depressing. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • How much can you reasonably sell globe pieces for?  5 credits?
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
  • I buy them 5 credits per piece at the most, the chances of getting anything good are minimal

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Really debating on whether or not I want to get some of these before the end of the month. I know I probably shouldn't, and I'll probably get jack squat, but I probably will anyway because I'm gullible. -sigh- This is why I don't gamble. "I'm sure if I place just one more bet, I'll win big and can quit."

• edited December 2014
    Kresslack said:
    Really debating on whether or not I want to get some of these before the end of the month. I know I probably shouldn't, and I'll probably get jack squat, but I probably will anyway because I'm gullible. -sigh- This is why I don't gamble. "I'm sure if I place just one more bet, I'll win big and can quit."
    Well not sure how this happened, but I guess I posted this at the same time I clicked quote...

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend it. I bought quite a few and got mostly bridles, owls, a few talisman pieces, one level one stat arty and maybe 5 arty vials. Also quite a few sips of lucky.

If you actually want any of those, I feel like buying credits and buying them straight up would be better.
    Nexes said:
    Kresslack said:

If you actually want any of those, I feel like buying credits and buying them straight up would be better.
    I'm decaffeinated and sleep deprived at the moment. Can you clarify this last bit?

• edited December 2014
    Kresslack said:
    Nexes said:
    Kresslack said:

I'm decaffeinated and sleep deprived at the moment. Can you clarify this last bit?
    If you want any of the things listed, I bet you could buy them from other players for credits. With the bonus, it'd be that much cheaper and you'd be taking no risk. Nothing is really unique enough that it's not being sold by other players. The bridle might be more challenging now, but I still see a lot of owls being sold. Hell, I even have one I'm not bothering to try and sell.
    Nexes said:
    Kresslack said:
    Nexes said:
    Kresslack said:

If you want any of the things listed, I bet you could buy them from other players for credits. With the bonus, it'd be that much cheaper and you'd be taking no risk. Nothing is really unique enough that it's not being sold by other players. The bridle might be more challenging now, but I still see a lot of owls being sold. Hell, I even have one I'm not bothering to try and sell.
    Ah, the only reason I do the globes is for the chance at the random artefacts. Few months back I got a painter's palette. Alas, I fear I too, have used up all my luck.

• edited December 2014
    I think if you're planning on buying one or more of the things included in the globes - a free reincarnation, for example - then they're worth it.  And if you can sit around on Market selling talisman pieces and bridles all day, you might get your money's worth of credits.  But since I can't/won't, I just have a pile of talisman pieces and a free reincarnation that I have no plans for.
    ~Kresslack's obsession~
    I too, have a free reincarnation that I don't plan on using, not unless I can pony up for a ring of flying soon. Still banking on a free trait reset with all these changes.

I planned on only getting three of these this year. I ended up buying 10...how did this happen? Hahah.

My (honest to god) last one got me a dusky Dardanic mare. Pretty happy that it comes with an automatic collar of Lupus. Time to finally put my riding skill to work.