What's the Dumbest (IC) thing your character has ever done?

I'll start this one off right. I once bought armour (22,500 gold) and a shield (9500 gold) from Sacred Steel. I then immediately forgot to wear the armour, or wield the shield. I walked around for 30 months just carrying them. The whole time, I was defending, hunting, and of course, dying without fully understanding why. Then one day my father @Brivius said to me, "you know, you're not wearing armour" Damned if he wasnt right! The next month I  went out and bought another set of armour at sacred steel. It wasnt until I checked the armour list that I realized I had armour and a shield all along! Now I had 2 sets of mail. one of which was totally unneeded. That's so Araeus! Top that!

Comments

• Not putting 89/69 splintmail in a bag of stasis. :(

i'm a rebel

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Not this character, but not buying a trader's satchel when they first came out, thinking 'well I don't really use commodities anyway'. -_- Still kicking myself.

Also being unfamiliar with antagonist etiquette and protocol in Jurixe's earlier days, resulting in a shrubbing warning and a breakdown in negotiations with a theft victim (separate incidents). It was a learning experience and taught me that it's actually pretty difficult to be an IC bad guy without being an OOC jerk.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Too many to count #YOLOSWAGWHATHAVEYOUECT

I have undressed a god.

• This one is sort of IC, but I rivaled Poergh back when we were young because Rivalry had just come out and I wanted to try it. Needless to say it was the dumbest thing I ever did IC.
  • Trusted people.
  • Cahin said:
    Dipping a bolt into a gelatinous silver substance, a Riverwall bow-maiden nocks her arrow and looses 
    it into your gut, a serene smile crossing her face as the poison takes effect.
    You cease to wield a darkbow.
    Is it that you forgot a fist sigil? I'm confused.
  • Hashan x 3

• Deladan said:
    Hashan x 3
    You can leave any time you like. I hear Targ will accept just about anyone.  ;))
  • edited April 2014
    Sarapis said:
    Falling in love with Lorielan. F**** waffle-headed hussy.
    @Sarapis: Pics or it didn't happen.

Edit: wait... this is a TEXT game.... that means.... NO PICS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • Jukilian said:
    Cahin said:
    Dipping a bolt into a gelatinous silver substance, a Riverwall bow-maiden nocks her arrow and looses 
    it into your gut, a serene smile crossing her face as the poison takes effect.
    You cease to wield a darkbow.
    Is it that you forgot a fist sigil? I'm confused.
    Yes, I am destitute. Also all of my enchantments just deactivated simultaneously. ITS LIKE I HAVE NEGATIVE MONEY RIGHT NOW.

• I bought credits on my first ever character, converted them to lessons and then spent a good chunk of them on survival (as a newbie bard back in the old days where hitting things was a two step process if I remember correctly) because a housemate told me she could get fishing in survival and fish with her. My character could fish decently, but then she died to rats. The same housemate suggested she then invest the rest of her lessons in tattoos (mind you, nothing but the basic house orientation lessons in swashbuckling and whatever still) so she didn't have to always ask on the city channel, because she/I was shy at the time. The boar tattoos did help her not die to rats so easily... 

It wasn't a whole lot of money spent, so I decided it was easier to give up and created Ephram. 
  • DakotahDakotah Wales, UK
    I've only been playing for a little while, I've still plenty of time to add to this....

but the stupidest thing I've done so far was decide I was going kick some goblin butt before realizing I didn't have my mace summon....I died! 

• Letting at least 3 shops in my lifetime get repo'd due to dormancy.  This was when shops were so sooooo cheap.  Also, selling my key to Nitre's tower for 200cr.
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Keeping all of my incredibly rare treasures in the Hermes temple stockroom. Goodbye, every fast rapier I ever came across! Goodbye, 91/50 splintmail! Goodbye, every Bazaar item I ever purchased! Goodbye, everything Kakon ever stole from anyone that I confiscated to stop him from stealing from anyone.
  • A friend had given me one of those mini-pet things from one of the promotions so I could hopefully make some credits, and I sold it to some guy for less than its actual value (he tried re-selling to others for like, 70cr or something).
  • Stopped playing so regularly around Christmas/January and let a golden gryphon die of starvation :( Still haven't had the guts to mention it, I just allude to it being in the stables.

Oh wait, I think I put it in stables and forgot to pay it. Well it's gone now.

Then sold a bunch of credits to afford a reindeer from the Logosmas thingy to make up for it. Was happy as all hells. That died too, on the day I was delivering food to it.

Ffffff-
  • Not getting a buckawn's when I could've :/