MiniConsole and Trigger help

I recently figured out how to make MiniConsoles thanks to @Jonathin's video tutorial that he posted. However, I'm now trying to use triggers to show rebounding and shield on my target, how would I go about doing this? While I'm on the subject, @Jonathin could you by chance give an example on how to change the color of the console? I don't like how its a grey color on my screen, it looks very tacky since the window itself is grey, and the background of the words is black and so is the mudlet screen.

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I'm not Jonathin, but to change the color of a miniconsole you can do something like this:

-- miniconsole needs to exist first
    miniconsole = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({
        name = "miniconsoleexample",  -- miniconsole name
        x = 0, y = 0,                 -- position
        height = 100, width = 100     -- size
    })

-- set the background color
    miniconsole:setColor(105, 85, 15, 255)  -- red, green, blue, alpha
    -- you can set the foreground color as well (the text)
    miniconsole:setFgColor(75, 75, 75)      -- red, green, blue
    retired
  • Thanks!

- 2014/05/13 03:37:22 - Jhui dies gasping for breath, asphyxiated by the power of Hanley Silverstorm's kai.

SerpentKai Go!

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Ping!

What Seifur said.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Jonathin yeah, he helped me get it to work! Its nice not having a grey box messing up my display. However watching that video of yours has kind of made other questions pop up, like how you did that thing with your mapper where it had nothing around it, just the little box with the arrow in it to display the options you have with it.

SerpentKai Go!

Close the map window and type smallmap.

Then click the upward facing arrow to minimize the options.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • How do you move the map around?

SerpentKai Go!

Gotta go into the alias and edit the x and y values for when you open the smallmap.

What I actually did was steal the smallmap part of the alias and stuck it into a script so that it would initialize when I open the profile. It also makes it easier to pick out the specific things like x, y, height, and width.
  • Alright, thanks!

SerpentKai Go!

• How do you make the 'buttons'? I know clicking isn't exactly the fastest way to do anything combat wise, but I want to make this for my own custom tabbed chat window, something that will make it easier to keep track of whats being said during raids/combat/and hunting.

SerpentKai Go!

What buttons?
  • Clickable buttons for say switching between different chat windows.

SerpentKai Go!