(Updated) Free Sea Plugin

edited November 2013 in Tech Support
I've fixed/updated almost the entire suggestion list I received from all the players. Thanks for the feedback!

The Download Links are the same. If you already have the graphic file from before you don't need to redownload that just the xml.

ZulahsShipSystem XML Download

ZulahsShipSystem Graphics Download

Change Log:
  • There is only one alias now: Login
  • In the Login alias is a GraphicFolder variable to move your graphic folder
  • In the Login alias there are plugin X and Y variables to move the entire system with only 2 numbers
  • The balance bar has been moved behind the sail and row bars to create a smoother look
  • The Hull and Sail health bars are now black font rather than white to make them easier to read
  • The Hull and Sail health bars will now go from green to red if they drop below 50%
  • Ship Drifting has been fixed to not show up in the main window anymore
  • Crew Balance Echo has been trimmed to 1 line
  • The trigger folder has 2 easy to access triggers to change ship color and chop color
  • Background Color and Border has been moved to the Login alias for easy changing with the other variables
Currently if you want to turn northnorthwest, eastsoutheast, you will have to create your own alias. Next update I hope to include the ability to make these turns by hitting keys in squence.
Example: numpad-8 followed by numpad-7 within 2 seconds would turn NNW (Sorry to those of you on laptaps without a keypad!)

Numpad 0 currently stops turning but doesn't stop the ship sails or rowing
Numpad . currently climbs up and down the mast.

Screenshots showing lowered sail health and new Balance location:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Comments

• Finished up the "double tap" numpad code to use numpad for directions like NNE ESE SSW etc. Going to wait until I get a few other additions in before reposting though. So if you want to see something added/changed let me know
  • Zulah said:
    Finished up the "double tap" numpad code to use numpad for directions like NNE ESE SSW etc. Going to wait until I get a few other additions in before reposting though. So if you want to see something added/changed let me know
    Not even giving me credit for this? Harsh!
  • edited November 2013
    I didn't even release it yet! I msg'd you it was a great idea and worked well. :P When I release it I'll put gold sparkles around your name. Plus you get the code on release. Saves you having to create it
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2013
    Cool beans, man. It's very clean. Had to switch sides because my brain goes crazy when I have to move my eyes to the middle of the screen to find the start of the text, but it was pretty easy to do. :)

[spoiler]For those who want to switch from left to right go into the login alias and add:

local x,y = getMainWindowSize()

to the top, then change this:

setBorderLeft(520)

to this

setBorderRight(520)

and this:

plugin_X = 0

to this:

plugin_X = x-520[/spoiler]

Apparently I can't spoiler well at all.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I fiddled around with a load of stuff to put it over my normal map when on a ship and to disappear when disembarked, and I disabled the numberpad movement thing because it was screwing with my item number typing, but it's pretty damned awesome
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea how, I didn't even change anything, but I broke it. It's not registering the map and sending it to the window

EDIT : Fixed by reinstalling, now it just... copies the room name, map, diving bell, room exits, and my prompt, pastes that to the map window, where the map takes up about.... 25% of the entire window
    Edited the Edit : Oh, and also copies random yells to the window
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Tharvis said:
    I have no idea how, I didn't even change anything, but I broke it. It's not registering the map and sending it to the window

EDIT : Fixed by reinstalling, now it just... copies the room name, map, diving bell, room exits, and my prompt, pastes that to the map window, where the map takes up about.... 25% of the entire window
    Edited the Edit : Oh, and also copies random yells to the window
    Sounds like it could be night and you don't have nightsight up.
  • i love this plug in. i'm not using the graphics at all cause it doesn't fit the rest of my gui style but i am using the triggers and scripts. they mishmashed nicely with my exsisting ones with minimal editing. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the excellent work and I can't wait till your next update with the new multitap keys for non-cardinal sailing directions
  • i hate to ask such a weird question. but the triggers for the sea map capturing, when i'm sailing every other line on the map is black and blank. i have night sight up. and i love the fact that it resizes automatically. but do you know of a fix for this?
  • what would be the steps to scale this down to  400 x 380? I like the interface, but it doesnt fit into the box I have set up for the map.
    @Knivek you'll want to change all the Widths and Heights in the Script page then, just make sure you change them all by the same percentage

• Thats what Im doing, I was hoping for a way to cheat the system, heh. Thanks
    only thing I know of to cheat the system is for changing font sizes, and that's only after he explained how to me   :|

• I was going to do that too, so that the map still fit into the box, just not sure what the final number will be right now
    make an alias with this : 

setMiniConsoleFontSize("seamapper",11)

and play around with the number till it fits

• well, right now I have finished scaling it down, but none of the arrows are showing, and the map is not being carried over
  • Here is what I have, any sugestions to get the arrows, and how to stop pulling from before the trigger line?

probably best to tag someone like @Zulah here, maybe vadi, idk

• still working on it, Figured out that its everything that it calling an image from the folder. Verified that the folder and directory variable are the same, but just cant get the mto show up
  • Ok, half success, I got the toggle and all to show up, But now have found that they do not scale to their boxes. This is turning into a great learning tool

• ok, I dont think I have enough know how to get this to work right, and now everything I try to do makes it worse. @zulah is there a way to shrink everything down 75% so that I can overlay it on my mudlet map and hide it when Im not aboard the ship?
  • for those of you waiting for Zulah to get back from his break and post the number pad sailing thing with non cardinal directions, this works nicely

keypad: #8 as an example

if turndirone == nil then
    turndirone = "north" else
    turndirtwo = "north"
    end
    shipturning()

function shipturning()
    tempTimer(0.2,[[
    if turndirone and not turndirtwo then
    send("ship turn "..turndirone) elseif
    turndirone and turndirtwo then
    send("ship turn "..turndirone..""..turndirtwo)
    end
    ]])
    tempTimer(0.3,[[
    turndirone = nil
    turndirtwo = nil
    ]])
    end

thanks go to penwize for the idea
  • ok, I got everything scaled, but could you @zulah point me to where I need to look for all of the compass stuff disappearing? right now all I have is the backround circle and the wind speed. that and the ship warning toggle hides behind the border image when I activate it.
    Any idea why the above is happening?
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
  • Xli said:
    I'd guess it expects you to have nightsight up, and you don't.
  • Sena said:
    Xli said:
    I'd guess it expects you to have nightsight up, and you don't.
    Ooh, good catch, could be - i tend to do my exploratory sailing on basic def up rather than hunting def up
  • This is beyond necromancy, but I use a abomination sewn together from Zulah's recent GUI, this, and Yae's seafaring stuff. The problem is this:

As you can see, there's an extra line above the X. That's the bottom of the old feed from the wilderness map. It's driving me insane and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I'm posting here in case anyone has any ideas or anything of how to fix it, if worst comes to worst I'll just put a black bar image over it. 

i'm a rebel

• Clear the window at the start of capturing the new one?
  • That didn't work, but I fixed it. I ended up just making the map smaller.

i'm a rebel