CONFIG OLDSCORE (On|OFF)

Please? I was so used to the layout of the old Score and Status, it will take some getting used to but for now, I'd just prefer my old one!

Comments

• It looks like something out of a 1980's pc text adventure. 
    What's the point of the stupid border?
  • Severely dislike it, so used to the old one. Never enjoyed the Lusternia feel of this type of core output visual
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I quite like it v.v

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• GIVE ME BACK MY OLD SCORE AND STAT AND I WILL NOT KILL THE KITTENS
  • I like some of it. Not sure if I like score yet. 
  • Oh, not a fan of the border on news posts. That seems weird.

• edited August 2013
    Not a big fan of the change.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    I can get used to the new score. It's alright I guess. New AB gotta go... or at -least- change those confusing as shit progress bars to represent the total from inept to trans.
  • only agree with the progress bar.
  • Strata said:
    I can get used to the new score. It's alright I guess. New AB gotta go... or at -least- change those confusing as shit progress bars to represent the total from inept to trans.
    Not a huge fan of the progress bars, but what's confusing about them, other than trans showing as 0%?
  • edited August 2013
    I'm assuming the progress bars are intended to show your progress to the next skillrank, which I guess might be kind of useful for people who aren't Transcendent... Perhaps showing it as N/A rather than 0% for those who are would be better.

EDIT: Just confirmed, it's percentage to the next skillrank.
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah, I don't really like it either. But, if this is the price I have to pay for occie classleads, you can have my old stuff!

Better inventory output would be nice, though. Something that would make it -easier- to read and give it a feel of organization. 

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Eld said:
    Ohhhh, I just assumed they were percentage to Trans. Percent to next skill rank is weird.
    Percentage to next skill rank gives one a feeling that they are actually making progress. However, I think a total percentage with tick markers along the way for each named progression might be better.

• New score reminds me of almost every other diku rom mud out there.

My overall opinion: Meh
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I don't like it... way too much filler and not enough information easily accessible.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• The new layout is pretty screwed up in every mobile client I use, including IRE's client.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Meh, I don't get it. Looks perfect to me. Then again, it reminds me of the one from Aetolia, and I always loved how that one looked. If anything, the ABs just need a bit more work to add more color instead of the white it uses now.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I love it, great work! Having SCORE and STATS separated made little sense.
    Light prevails, always
  • SybillaSybilla London
    edited August 2013
    I, personally, love it! The colour is a bit bright, so I'll look about tweaking it, but omg everything is ordered and neat and looks like a birth certificate! AB is fantastic, so much easier to read. Aaaaah, endorphins!!

Only qualm:

+-About You-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Mentor        : Amunet                    Can Mentor: Yes                   |
    | Relationship  : None                      Divorced  : Never                 |

Foreveralone :C

• I think the changes would be okay if there was a way to remove all the borders and stuff (without also disabling prompts) and see multiple specific sections (either by listing them in the command like SCORE VITALS LANGUAGES, or having a CONFIG SCORE that let's you enable/disable each section).
  • Just for clarity, you can reenable the prompt after switching screenreader mode on. It just turns it off by default when you initially enable the option.
  • Are there any other changes with screenreader mode? It seems to add * next to abilities you don't have in ab lists as well.
  • Would like there to be a "more" option, since when I do SCORE, it goes out of my screen. (small screen!)

• Zuko said:
    Please? I was so used to the layout of the old Score and Status, it will take some getting used to but for now, I'd just prefer my old one!
    I love how with half of the new changes people immediately start a topic with "Can we get a CONFIG NEWSH!T ON|OFF?"
    XD Cracks me up.

That being said, NSTAT seems to have lost the recent addition of the personal Messages system. Fixedy-fix?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I had thought (I'm sure someone will correct me if I wrong) that the distinction between the old SCORE and STAT was that SCORE contained info which was viewable by House higher-ups, whereas STAT included details that other players don't really have any business to know about, such as how many credits you have and how many precious days of your life you've spend playing the game. Does HOUSE SCORE now show everything?
  • Pavard said:
    I had thought (I'm sure someone will correct me if I wrong) that the distinction between the old SCORE and STAT was that SCORE contained info which was viewable by House higher-ups, whereas STAT included details that other players don't really have any business to know about, such as how many credits you have and how many precious days of your life you've spend playing the game. Does HOUSE SCORE now show everything?
    No. House score is still the same, just like honours with a few extra details like level, health, stats, and if they're carrying gold.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.