A Sad Farewell!

Hey everyone,

Some days ago I made the decision to accept a new opportunity in Iron Realms as lead producer of Aetolia. After four and a half years in Achaea, leaving the team I've helped build and be a part of is one of the hardest choices I've had to make. In my time here I've had the honour to work on countless projects and events big and small and really let my imagination go wild. I've worked with some exceptional people on the Garden side and the player side and I am enormously grateful for the chance to meet so many personalities and make so many close relationships. 

It's been a rollercoaster few years and I've really had the most fantastic of experiences. It's trite to say that something is more than just a job, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that this game has taken over and become a giant part of my life. To say I'll miss it, and you, and all of the team would be a massive understatement.

- Icti

"If you build it, they will come."

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

It's a bit surreal to think back on how you've gone from the "big, bad Sorcerer" in another realm (among other roles; lots of memories there) to a developer for Achaea, and now on to another adventure. Hopefully this one will provide you with enough unique challenges to further hone your skills and allow you to continue to learn and bring great new changes to a new world. Thank you for all of your hard work these last few years in regards to helping make Achaea what it is today. Best of luck and congratulations!

• Though we interacted only briefly, it was most certainly an excellent experience for me. I sincerely wish you the best in your future work.

• It seems like Aetolia gets all the cool stuff.

• I cannot properly put into words the impact you have had on the team, and how much we'll all miss you.

But I will never forget the shenanigans, the random tells of "I have a crazy idea, can you make this?", and the sheer insanity it was helping you realise said crazy ideas.

Aetolia is lucky to have you, and I hope they realise just how lucky they are.

It's a terrible day for rain, is it not?

• Ictinus -

Thank you for the blood, sweat, and tears (figuratively or literally) that you've put into Achaea.

While us players don't always know who exactly does what behind the scenes - who designed which mechanics, areas, denizens, and everything else remains a mystery - I know that you have have left your fingerprints on many features and additions we all love.

I've always enjoyed our interactions and the results from them. You are an extremely creative person and have earned your new role. We will certainly miss you here on Achaea but wish you the best of luck on Aetolia.

Couple of questions if you're in the mood:

1. What is your favorite/most proud accomplishment on Achaea?
    2. What have we done as players to one of your new features that made you go "what in the heck would they do that for"?
    3. Can you fix mob wandering before your admin privs on Achaea are revoked? Thx

Thank you again for everything you've done, it is greatly appreciated.

• So .... mass exodus to Aetolia in a few months?

• Hi Ictinus,

I imagine it must be a thankless job, most days, but not this time. Thank you for you keeping this game and community we love afloat despite the myriad challenges.

• I'm just saying, when you rejoin the playerbase, Mhaldor is nice this time of year.

• Can you delete cowculators before you go? <3

• Goodbye Icthy, our loss is certainly their gain. I'll never forget you being on hand to help through the fire lord quests when they first came out, or indeed when I put a rude limerick on our OOC clan channel and you favoured me for it!.

Sorry to see you go, but best of luck!

PS - Can you finish the LHG revamp before you leave please?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."