OOC Raves

Comments

• Interviewed a couple to rent out my inlaw suite in my house

• Just pass the last test in my AIC designation. Now just waiting on them to approve the designation, and hopefully I can get a nice raise with a new company.
  • Khaibit said:
    Khaibit said:
    I start university in 2 weeks. I am a little freaked out about this still. I am apparently being stalked by @Sarathai who is moving to my country and my university too. (University of Nottingham) this is the next stage of my 5 year plan, and part of me is super excited and part of me is super freaked out about the amount of debt I am about to plunge myself into (I shall leave a pause here for the Americans to laugh at me and brandish their student debt)
    Time to put my big girl pants on and do this!
    So 
    This happened.. and is finished and yesterday I wore a cap and gown for a virtual graduation
    So that was nice.. 
    Did Sarathai finish yet?
    My daughter just got a conditional offer to go there next September.. congratulations on graduating! 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Just had a guy give me weed as a tip, through much protesting on my part. Guess he thought I needed it! Now I have a little baggie full of very strong smelling weed, in a state that still considers it illegal. I haven't smoked any for over 3 years now. Never was really big on it cause I'm fairly sure that I react badly to it.

Debating on whether to get completely stoned before bed or not...
  • I had a lunch meeting today with a guy that wants to hire me and it may have paid off in a way I could have never expected. I may have just accidentally brokered a huuuge deal and be receiving compensation from both sides.
  • Dose one of covid vaccine, DONE!  Yay, science!
  • Eryl said:
    Dose one of covid vaccine, DONE!  Yay, science!
    You're always talking about your love for a little prick, glad you finally managed to get one. 

• Sobriquet said:
    Eryl said:
    Dose one of covid vaccine, DONE!  Yay, science!
    You're always talking about your love for a little prick, glad you finally managed to get one. 
    Not even mad.
  • I had a great day.

• I can finally walk properly again, after nearly 8 months of dealing with this shit. Minor, expected pain, from surgery but yay.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited May 2021

Welcome. I have the Matlock box set you can borrow anytime - assuming you kept a VHS machine around.

Been stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks and get to go home and work on my Maverick, drop a Hammer kit in my Harley, and then play with some woodworking stuff myself when Im not doing work certification stuff for the next 6 months and I cannot wait.

• You can get lunch in hospital cafeterias for like $4 (things I learned from adopted grandpas)

• 2 certifications for work since May 6. Another one on the way starting June 1 (takes up to 7 months to get). And still at least one - if not 3 - more inbound.

Second one I just got, I got away w testing out of for $40 instead of paying the usual $1200 for the course/test like most folks (which is good because it is actually pretty basic).

Im gonna look all kinds of O-FISH.

• edited June 2021

Been stressing out about employment since I started my final year of college. Graduation at the end of May felt more like a reminder that I had no 'post-graduation plans' than anything else.... but I've done it- I've gotten my first real job offer. I'm so ecstatic. Thanks to everyone here, friends and family who prayed for me.

The support went a long way.

@Nicola pls don't remove the gif, I feel it adequately describes me today! IT IS NOT A MEME.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Congrats ya sonofabitch :-) What are you going to be doing?

• edited June 2021

@Caelan Entry level developer basically. Well, that's the job title, in a nutshell. When I start, we'll see what kind of grunt I am hahahaha.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Cool congrats.

• Hope you can make coffee!

Congrats though, big step first job out of college.. so long ago for me I don't really remember mine....

• @Sobriquet I don't know much about coding but I do know that the boss likes his vanilla latte with whole milk.

• Astarod Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

10:40AM

@Sobriquet I don't know much about coding but I do know that the boss likes his vanilla latte with whole milk.

Just don't get in trouble for adding skin-milk. That's a whole lot of criminal charges.

• @Peak re: hospital canteens yes, I used this trick quite extensively when I was a broke fuck. It's like 1.50 a meal here and if you look like ass they'll normally give you extra