Giving Thanks

It's Thanksgiving, and in lieu of that, I would like to give thanks to this community.

I started playing IRE games back in 2003, and I've been through my fair share of mistakes (perma-shrubbed my first character D:) and amazing experiences. I've had the honour to meet some of the most truly amazing people in my life through meet and greets, and even through online mediums you have all touched my life in a very profound way. I wouldn't be the person I am today without this community, and even if I spent most of my years on Lusternia, Achaea has no-doubt been the most impactful by far. 

I haven't always been the most approachable or kind person to some of you, however I just want you all to know that I am truly grateful for having you all in my life, regardless of the capacity with which we've interacted. Some of you have grown to be some of my closest friends, others I have shared my deepest self with. Truly, it astounds me how deeply the bonds of humanity can stretch even through something like a text game. 

So thank you, one and all, for this amazing experience. Thanks to the devs who make this game possible, thanks to Makarios, Nicola, Ictinus, and their team. Thanks to all the Mhaldorians that put up with my homicidal tendencies with holocausts. Thanks to all my "enemies" (frenemies?) who make the game engaging and fun. Thanks to all of you who have been a part of my life for all these years.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Nick

Comments