What do you look like when you fight?

Comments

• Sarathai said:

Not to mention said combatant will stand, unblinking, unsleeping, unresponding, unseeing, eyes glazed, looking at nothing, in a single spot in a particular city... for days at a time.
    This hurts the most :(

• Sarathai said:
    I'm pretty sure that all denizens think adventurers are goddamn weirdos.

On an average day, the average combatant:

- Is puffing on three separate pipes.
    - Continually lathers themselves in various salves.
    - Is deliberately blind and deaf.
    - Is covered in invisible tattoos.
    - Levitates around on a cushion of air.
    - Is continually greedy and unwilling to share.
    - Is a deliberate insomniac. Attempts to cure said insomnia are rejected or reapplication of insomnia follows.
    - Is hopped up on kola, which must make them super-caffeinated to the point of ADHD.
    - Does not eat. Except when they're forced to be hungry.
    - Does not sleep. Except when they hit a totem or are poisoned to sleep.
    - Probably can't stay asleep for long because they force themselves to only lightly doze.
    - Subsists purely on the liquid of health and mana vials.
    - Carry around active starburst defenses so, if they are slain (which would be undoubtedly painful), they immediately resurrect and can be killed a second time.
    - Coated in caloric to be insulated, warm and toasty. Including in the middle of a desert.
    - Have a purple shell of crushed sileris rubbed into their skin.
    - See everything in Matrix-mode because of speed elixir making the world slow down.

Not to mention said combatant will stand, unblinking, unsleeping, unresponding, unseeing, eyes glazed, looking at nothing, in a single spot in a particular city... for days at a time.
    I think I've said this before, but I've never had an issue with this stuff. Time in Achaea is relative, 1 hour in our world is an entire day there. So, a ten minute fight lasts hours in Achaea. Eating a herb every 1.5s isn't gulping down curatives at the speed of light, it's consuming one every few minutes. At the same time, we're not attacking every couple seconds, perhaps an opportunity to strike only opens every minute or so, and that is where we get our strikes in.

That's just how I've always seen it.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    That only makes us look more ridiculous. A 2-second balance would mean someone takes an entire minute "in Achaea time" steadying themselves / trying not to fall over.
  • Sarathai said:
    I'm pretty sure that all denizens think adventurers are goddamn weirdos.

On an average day, the average combatant:

- Does not eat. Except when they're forced to be hungry.
    - Does not sleep. Except when they hit a totem or are poisoned to sleep.

But denizens do these things too! 
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA

The avatar of Jin is actually him throwing a death tarot.
  • edited March 2017

only if flight system for the wilderness is in the game.... alas...

@Makarios

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited March 2017

Surprised nobody has posted this for dual cutting (from about 2:30 onwards):

• Krypton said:
    That only makes us look more ridiculous. A 2-second balance would mean someone takes an entire minute "in Achaea time" steadying themselves / trying not to fall over.
    A fair point. Still prefer this over gulping down gallons of elixirs, slathering salves all over ourselves and eating handfuls of plants every second.
  • Antonius said:

It's neat, and is arguably the best fight in the show, but without decent choreography like that, swinging two long blades around like that isn't going to be very effective. @Aerek will also point out all the edge on edge contact, but we can argue the efficacy and propriety of that separately.

• Yes, that. The Sword of the Morning was a two-handed knight. 

Also, that couldn't be DWC in this game, because that fight is awesome and DWC in this game is nothing but a bunch of shitty little poisoned papercuts.
  • Nazihk said:
     bunch of shitty little poisoned papercuts.
    Sand Snakes.jpg
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Sarathai said:
    Antonius said:

Arthur Dayne wielded the greatsword Dawn. He did not wield two swords. I refuse to budge on this point.
    You guys are missing the point, the cowardly Howland Reed serpent with the backstab ruined another perfectly good duel.
  • Nazihk said:
    Yes, that. The Sword of the Morning was a two-handed knight. 

Also, that couldn't be DWC in this game, because that fight is awesome and DWC in this game is nothing but a bunch of shitty little poisoned papercuts.
    Fight DWC Anedhel and tell me that shit doesn't hurt. Or Proficy, he sometimes make the damage from dwc feel like 2h
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:

Fight DWC Anedhel and tell me that shit doesn't hurt. Or Proficy, he sometimes make the damage from dwc feel like 2h
    That's because he DSL's and whips you with his massive weiner too. Basically Prof TSL's.
  • edited March 2017
    I would've posted that, but!

Annie's not good enough to be the Arthur Dayne of Achaea.

#Modesty.
  • Xaden said:
    Nazihk said:

I often find the damage from dual cutting is worse than the damage from two-handed, because the hits are coming more frequently and they have the affliction control to add on damage. Sensitivity plus nausea and darkshade procs on top of your doubleslash damage really adds up. Two-handed takes a lot longer to get going, and is generally also far easier to hinder because they can't really hinder you back that well.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited March 2017
    Edit: combat dweebage doesn't go in this thread.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    I tend to think of Kenway as fighting a lot like Vader. Mostly wielding his bastard sword in one hand while slowly trudging toward his target, only really using both hands for his most devastating blows and only moving with any speed (and a surprising amount at that) when his enemy tries to escape. Sometimes he even just let's them run because he knows he has them when they come back. And sometimes he just gets cut in half, lava'd, or electro-fucked because he's a dumbass
    ??

I haven't seen it yet I'm not clicking that.

• i mean.... thats your own problem at this stage. Once the movie leaves theatres, spoilers are fair game!
    Aegoth said:
    i mean.... thats your own problem at this stage. Once the movie leaves theatres, spoilers are fair game!

• Looks like you have your Friday night all planned out, then!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Kythra Don't feel bad. I re-counted and ended up with five.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Gutter-minds!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"