Strategies

Enter room. Block exit. Start JITB. Pause system.

Works 30~% of the time.

You're welcome.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I'll be serious because I get guilty easily.

Jester is one of those classes where psychology plays a massive part. You need to force your opponent to be careless so you can follow up with something obvious but not obvious like blackout death tarot, or force restore off quadbreak, or a smart concussion out of room followed up by slow asthma voyria etc. 

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited July 2014

Jester is a class that needs experimentation to work successful ideas out. It's really hard to theory craft strategies because so much of it depends on how your target reacts to what you do and at what point in your strategy they react the way they do. Endless amounts of creative potential with balanceless force in Hierophant, timed illusions in HocusPocus, 8 second channeled insta in Death, timed blackout/stun bombs, juggled bombs that throw on a sub-second balance that can be combined with daggers at an equally fast speed, mangles on a roughly two second balance time, mickey's to delay a cure by a second, Aeon, etcetera. 

Your imagination really is the limit. A lot of good strategies are thought up by thinking of an end product and then utilizing class abilities in various ways to reach that end product. Jester is unique, to me, in that you can just think of the multitude of options it has and combine them in ridiculous ways to do something that will leave your opponent completely confused as to what just happened. 

So fun.

Also I've noticed a tendency for Jesters to get really over elaborate. Some of the simple things really do work the most. Imagine preparing death and then just having a Hierophant flung at them ready for force. Time some dust bombs at around 5 seconds (range from 2 to 8 with the random variance) and then just drop them. Hangedman if the variance is above 4 seconds and then: Throw prefarar, order apply restoration to torso;mangle leg, if they tumble use puppet command to cancel it and fling death. If they shield, fling death. If they do nothing, fling death. You could also use hocus pocus or puppet illusion to fake the Death Tarot before the blackout if there's time and then watch what they do. 

Make them panic, and then abuse them

• Great points! One thing to consider, though: can't fling death if they shield - shield's stop tarot.

• TohranTohran Everywhere you don't want to be. I'm the anti-Visa!

I used to juggle javelins. People hated me for that. Really looking at going back to the class. Runewarden is great and all, and I love forging, but I miss being a pain in the neck in PvP as opposed to a joke.

• Tohran said:

I used to juggle javelins. People hated me for that. Really looking at going back to the class. Runewarden is great and all, and I love forging, but I miss being a pain in the neck in PvP as opposed to a joke.

Can you still juggle javelins now? How much does it hurt now?
  • damage is reduced by two thirds I think now, so it's not great damage - I could be wrong though.
  • Anyone ever juggled lvl 3 handaxes?