Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Agreed. These world events are part of what makes Achaea so great and enjoyable to many. An every shifting landscape, often influenced by the players themselves. It's a very unique dynamic, and a very effective way of introducing new content, especially when it comes to new races and classes.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Taryius said:

Sylcine, a very beloved and historical denizen, just had her story ended (retroactively ended too!) one day.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Thank you very much. I love god shouts, and I wasn't there for that.
  • An unsettling, omnipresent penumbra manifests, the light of the sun dwindling into the sudden, hollow emptiness of an eclipse with the manifestation of Twilight, the Dark Father.

The silken voice of the Dark Father reverberates from everywhere and nowhere, "I take what is now Mine, by accord."

With a hissing sigh, spiralling trails of energy seep up towards the dark sun, the remaining fragments of Yudhishthira's once-grand working claimed at last by the Great Lord of the Dark.

Darkness recedes, the light of the sun shining down upon Achaea once more.

• Taryius said:
    If anything it just goes to show how hard it is to actually please people. People complain about the Tide existing for so long so the Gods stand up saying they are sick of Tlalaiad pestering the Overland, the Tide gets removed and people complain about it. Anyway.
    You can't please everyone all the time. :)
  • Taryius said:
    We need to stop trying to find a decisive end to events, yeesh. The Tide is gone, but that's it.. The Tsol'teth still exist, the Underrealm still exists, their goals haven't changed and neither has their threat.
    Yep...looking forward to the fourth black wave...keep 'em coming...
  • I'm trying to find a way to write something up that won't end up with Telendrieth being shrubbed. 

It also wouldn't be too terribly hard to please people if a lot of it didn't feel like one sided lip service. 
  • Basically..when they come back, IPBan and shrub Tesha (and now Farrah). 

Also, now the admin can dish on what they thought was going to happen, how close everyone came, etc.. @Makarios and @Nicola

• Caelan said:
    Basically..when they come back, IPBan and shrub Tesha (and now Farrah). 

Also, now the admin can dish on what they thought was going to happen, how close everyone came, etc.. @Makarios and @Nicola

Sure, hit us with your questions. May be a bit delayed in responding as we're winding down for the night and have a few things to prep for tomorrow, but we'll answer what we can!

• @Makarios why force so much of this? 
  • Mroxyl said:
    @Makarios why force so much of this? 

You're going to need to be more specific.

• Ma questions:

- Was it always planned for the Tsol'teth to get the staff, or did Tesha's act inspire the entire championship theme?

- During the second Tsol'teth siege to attack fonts, was it considered that Ashtan or Mhaldor could end up in the same situation Cyrene was...or was Hailqas'an going crazy and them retreating always the plan?

- What would have happened had Hashan or Targossas said no?

- Was there some solution out there that you guys were wondering if a player would stumble upon that would have been a huge impact on the Tsol'teth advancing at all?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited June 2019
    Has everything that could be discovered in the two fortresses been discovered? Did we miss anything that could have affected how things went in one way or the other? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Why were Cyrenian monks affected by the litany, but some Ashtani guards had immunity?
  • @Makarios I'd like to put forth one of the first questions I had with this event as well as two more. There are many others I have, but I'll have to take time to compose them into something other than rambling gibberish.

1. From a mechanics perspective, what led you guys to decide that cutting off Cyrene from the players was an option on the table? Why was blocking players from accessing one of their central hubs for a period of two weeks considered to be an acceptable consequence of any lose condition for this event?

2. Why Cyrene for the demonstration? I don't understand the strategic value it held for the Tsol'teth.

3. As the event moved on, was there every any outcome that would have resulted in any other Coalition city to suffer the same sort of occupation or devastation that Cyrene was subjected to?
  • Did it make a difference (or will it? Not sure if it's over) which side got the Staff? (Tsol'teth allies or Coalition)

Basically I'm curious about any possible tangents / other routes the story might have went on, if we'd done something differently.

• Cailin said:
    Did it make a difference (or will it? Not sure if it's over) which side got the Staff? (Tsol'teth allies or Coalition)

Basically I'm curious about any possible tangents / other routes the story might have went on, if we'd done something differently.

It would've impacted the method of tide removal, amongst other things.