Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Briefly, a shouted exchange of puns between non-Cyrenians resulted in a few warning shots, then myself and one other Cyrenian got zorched when we chimed in.
    Afterwards, our Patron instructed us on the importance of knowing when to call it quits, and introduced another person to the Eternal Sea. Said unfortunate perished twice, thanks to his starburst.
    During all this, CT was getting rowdier and rowdier, and finally, after being called out on it, things settled down.

• @Zbaco oh! Telendrieths post made it sound so much worse but for Cyrenian's to sass a Cyrenian Patron is still bad and out of character. People have lost their minds :#
  • Erza said:
    @Zbaco oh! Telendrieths post made it sound so much worse but for Cyrenian's to sass a Cyrenian Patron is still bad and out of character. People have lost their minds :#
    I wouldn't really have called it "sassing", though it may have continued a bit longer than it should have.

• edited May 2019
    Erza said:
    I've been off game since we were cleaning up Cyrene because my kids gave me that bug going around for mother's day... What on earth did I miss? Holy crap!
    Your children have awful taste in presents.  :p Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Zbaco sort of summed it up. Pun shouting and then our Patron said to know when to stop and killed two citizens over it. Then CT just.. kept on.. and on. Citizens egging it on further and even taking the puns directly at the Patron. 
  • Erza said:
    I've been off game since we were cleaning up Cyrene because my kids gave me that bug going around for mother's day... What on earth did I miss? Holy crap!

Zbaco sort of summed it up. Pun shouting and then our Patron said to know when to stop and killed two citizens over it. Then CT just.. kept on.. and on. Citizens egging it on further and even taking the puns directly at the Patron. 
    Actually, he made that point only after the two of us returned from being zapped. And I still maintain I should not have been zapped, as my pun was already halfway made when I noticed the first killing shot fired. Impossible to stop a good pun...or a bad one, for that matter ;)

• Zbaco said:
    ...and suddenly we have event-oriented ambiance messages, such as children crying in the distance and knights moving corpses around.
    Oh hell.. I thought you were joking.

"A runic knight strides through, burdened by the small, bloodied corpse slung over his shoulder."
    Not at all, sadly. A makeshift memorial has been set up by the graveyard, and there's talk of a memorial service in the days/weeks to come.

• Erza said:
    Your children have awful taste in presents.  :p Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Thanks, I totally agree! Now if only I could make them take it back  :p
  • edited May 2019
    Erza said:
    Erza said:
    Thanks, I totally agree! Now if only I could make them take it back  :p
    Terrible idea.  Then you'd get into a vicious cycle of regifting
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Zbaco said:
    Zbaco said:
    ...and suddenly we have event-oriented ambiance messages, such as children crying in the distance and knights moving corpses around.

"A runic knight strides through, burdened by the small, bloodied corpse slung over his shoulder."
    Not at all, sadly. A makeshift memorial has been set up by the graveyard, and there's talk of a memorial service in the days/weeks to come.
    That's cool stuff. Am tempted to hang around Cyrene just to see the atmospherics.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Cranking it up to 11...if you aren't depressed yet....you will be....YOU WILL BE!

The pitter-patter of soft rain fills the surroundings with noise, lending a wistful air to the eerily quiet streets.

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:44:15.082

A low, haunting whistle arises in response to a rain-laden breeze, droning quietly for a short moment.

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:45:15.070 

The pitter-patter of soft rain fills the surroundings with noise, lending a wistful air to the eerily quiet streets.

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:46:15.081

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:48:15.176

The scent of stone and wet earth accompanies a light rainfall, sombre amidst the destruction.

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:50:15.104

A low, haunting whistle arises in response to a rain-laden breeze, droning quietly for a short moment.

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:52:15.132

EXV 8593|104% 7817|103% 100 100 1.7% [] 17:53:15.141

• That's ridiculously frequent.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Ugh beautiful choir stuff always fucking gets me.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Zbaco said:
    Zbaco said:

You also forgot the big heaping stack of bodies.

Since you couldn't work with subtle, now we all have to deal with unsubtle. >_>

• Neraeos said:
    Everyone needs to eat a Snickers and calm down a bit.
    I think you just replaced @Sartan as my favorite forums snarky-poster. This was amazing and could/should probably be reposted in almost every thread (and some of my own posts) 

Agreed.

• I can't even quote that crap.

Stop it. you made my browser crash. :'(
  • edited May 2019
    Sartan said:
    [snipped gif]
    Random CSS Styling said:
    width="833" height="4989344262295082"
    But... but... how? why?!?

Edit: Aww, it's gone now.  :'(
  • Woah, calm down there.. Sartan. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I go play with foster kittens for five minutes and miss a Sartan gif. My life is incomplete. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Aww so did I.  Boo

• we need rat people. Skaven or Burmecians are fine.
    It reminds me of all the towns in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn after you accidentally cause the apocalypse. Covered in shadows and corpses. I can -hear- the haunting music.