Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Rangor said:
    I remember when we did this in the last wave, they increased the spread rate and it became impossible. :D

History seems to have a way of repeating itself...
  • I remember waking up one day and being unable to find any tide whatsoever. I was really sad.
  • Minifie said:
    Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:
    So this event is about interacting with denizens, right? 
    Because they don't seem responsive.
    Sorry for the rant. Now that saner heads have prevailed, I'd like to finish it.

It is frustrating getting flak for being Hashani when I didn't decide to join the Tsol'teth; moreso trying to RP someone who seeks knowledge, mysteries, and truth in a city that also has no idea why they joined the Tsol'teth and has no guidance on what one should be doing for the event, and they act like everything is fine. 

So I spent a few hours reading up on it so I could participate, only to be excluded due to my citizenship. So I tried solving things myself through talking to uncaring denizens. 

My playtime is limited, so this will probably end up being the most I can do this week, so it feels bad. 
    I recall when you appeared on CT asking about it. Several of us were online at the time and responded. You then replied that you had to be off, so we assumed you'd come back later.

I'm guessing you signed in again when either those people were not around...or asked someone that legitimately had no idea...

Not sure what to tell you, but i'd suggest asking and speaking with the leadership itself listed in the HELP scroll if you have inquiries about the decision.
    The fact you guys didn't post anything to your news to guide your people is both amusing and unsurprising. 
    They probably did, but potentially the information being sought was above what people want to throw into novice clan/city news. Some stuff I don’t want some rando alt to grab and then run back to their main’s city, so I am not posting every one of mine nor Mhaldor’s machinations to news like a blog...

Nor to shouts, either :P

Gotta check their Discord, instead, if you want IC information.
  • Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:

It is frustrating getting flak for being Hashani when I didn't decide to join the Tsol'teth; moreso trying to RP someone who seeks knowledge, mysteries, and truth in a city that also has no idea why they joined the Tsol'teth and has no guidance on what one should be doing for the event, and they act like everything is fine. 

So I spent a few hours reading up on it so I could participate, only to be excluded due to my citizenship. So I tried solving things myself through talking to uncaring denizens. 

My playtime is limited, so this will probably end up being the most I can do this week, so it feels bad. 
    I recall when you appeared on CT asking about it. Several of us were online at the time and responded. You then replied that you had to be off, so we assumed you'd come back later.

I'm guessing you signed in again when either those people were not around...or asked someone that legitimately had no idea...

Not sure what to tell you, but i'd suggest asking and speaking with the leadership itself listed in the HELP scroll if you have inquiries about the decision.
    The fact you guys didn't post anything to your news to guide your people is both amusing and unsurprising. 
    Yes clearly there isnt a single post on our news as to the events that took place...come on.

A funny fact of Achaea is that a lot of players dont read the news or forget it even exists. The questions however were more specific (as shown above).

• Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:

Yes clearly there isnt a single post on our news as to the events that took place...come on.

A funny fact of Achaea is that a lot of players dont read the news or forget it even exists. The questions however were more specific (as shown above).
    Well no, on the City newsboard there have been 3 posts related to the event since we joined the alliance. Maybe in the Houses it is different but going by straight City posts there is basically no information.
  • edited May 2019
    Accipiter said:

Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:

Well no, on the City newsboard there have been 3 posts related to the event since we joined the alliance. Maybe in the Houses it is different but going by straight City posts there is basically no information.
    Looking now, there are 11 posts, 2 of which are actual logs of city discussions on the topic. Of those 11, 5 are from the leadership, one clearly titled "Tsol'teth Alliance".

As for the question of being Allied with targ...well we arent, but as said before some of us did try to explain the situation.

Edit: (And I didnt even count in the public and event posts too :P)
  • It is covered in our news. I'm reading it closer and getting caught up now.

I think the issue isn't that we're uninformed- it's just a lack of direction. 

Decisions were made, reasons explained, but now what? 

I'll continue my reading and catching up, but that's my thoughts for now. 

• Asmodron said:

Looking now, there are 11 posts, 2 of which are actual logs of city discussions on the topic. Of those 11, 5 are from the leadership, one clearly titled "Tsol'teth Alliance".

As for the question of being Allied with targ...well we arent, but as said before some of us did try to explain the situation.

Yeah, but since the alliance 2 weeks ago there have been 1 log of the meeting regarding the alliance, 1 misc post that has very little context and Krizal's post about us accepting the alliance. Counter that with 4 posts by the cultural minister about an auction and you can see why it is easy to say there has been no information.
  • edited May 2019
    Paux said:
    It is covered in our news. I'm reading it closer and getting caught up now.

I think the issue isn't that we're uninformed- it's just a lack of direction. 

Decisions were made, reasons explained, but now what? 

I'll continue my reading and catching up, but that's my thoughts for now. 

Fascinating. Do let us know if you have questions.

As Shub said, naturally when someone right from the intro goes to Ct saying "why are we allied with Targossas", then they are going to get eye rolls and be assumed to be a troll-alt.

While I understand you are curious and clearly this is not your first character, I definitely suggest trying to get caught up and actually giving some time and a chance to speak with others. I hope your path forward for this character is much less strenuous.
  • Accipiter said:
    Asmodron said:

Yeah, but since the alliance 2 weeks ago there have been 1 log of the meeting regarding the alliance, 1 misc post that has very little context and Krizal's post about us accepting the alliance. Counter that with 4 posts by the cultural minister about an auction and you can see why it is easy to say there has been no information.
    The event has been criticized as 'slow' by many's standards. Not sure what to tell you...but there is the next step in the event today I guess?
  • I've been enjoying this event, it was definitely an interesting way to start my life. The Tide has been great for racking up experience and gold. My only complaint is the deadline is at like,
    1am on a work day for me, so I'm going to miss whatever excitement we've all been waiting for. :angry: 

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• I am so hilariously confused by whatever is going on. I just walk places sometimes and as a level 46 get one-shot, haha.
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Else said:
    I am so hilariously confused by whatever is going on. I just walk places sometimes and as a level 46 get one-shot, haha.
    Yeah, I feel like I haven't done as much as I should answering new character's CT questions about the event, and I'm sorry for that. It gets exhausting after a while.

Really we should've made a temporary CHELP TIDE scroll we could direct people to, and pointed novices to it at the same time as CHELP WELCOME.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Pah - don't beat yourself up over it. The first time I try a MUD in five or so years and this is happening, it's been fun, maybe moreso because I don't know what's going on.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    @Shub help tunnelvision
  • Tunnel vision helps if you're not the one targeted.  If you are then the same problem applies.  
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • IDEA new Add HISTORY EVENT to show recent world emotes.

I like this idea. Would be nice for those who keep records and chronicles of events, also
  • Mroxyl said:
    IDEA new Add HISTORY EVENT to show recent world emotes.

I like this idea. Would be nice for those who keep records and chronicles of events, also
    Then be sure to type IDEA SUPPORT 108. :)
  • Shub said:
    I spent the entire battle in the death cave, couldn’t regroup with the city before tide or other adventurers squashed me, text flying too quickly to catch the world emotes and storyline. Ragequit

is there a trigger or gmcp method to reliably separate the world emotes from the combat noise? Because nobody ever shares these things after the event and I hate not knowing what’s going on. I witnessed the events IC, I don’t have their copies for OOC reasons, ‘find out IC’ is irritating. The answer appears to be a refined logging script, fine.

There is no earthly way that humans are keeping up with the text flow, even giant color highlights for important stuff only stays on screen for a split second. So be it, may the best lua win.

I notice that shielding makes people focus you, seems better not to. Can’t seem to do anything to get space to breathe when the wave of wtf crashes, suddenly none of my abilities function, then I’m dead.  It’s time to commence with the programming, that much is clear.

There were some heavy lag problems at some point that all of us suffered from. It's not so much a matter of coding. Just happens sometimes when fights get way too big. I definitely got smashed too a few times without really being able to get any commands through. It cleared up a bit later on though. I wouldn't get too disheartened over it since it is rare.
  • yeah. I was putting in commands and they came true 30 seconds later.

Was... uh.. Prettttty bad.

Was fun tho.
  • I had several dropouts today. Fortunately no battles for me. Nice to now it wasn't totally me. Nice Work Cyrene. I may be on the other side of battle now, but I'm impressed by your work today.
  • I really really hope it is implemented! 
  • The event also revealed to us (those allied with the Tsol'teth) more about the Tsol'teth mindset that I found quite interesting and noted down. I pity what happened to Hailqas'an...wish she had waited a bit longer until we fully secured Mhaldor. I enjoy what all this event is building up to and the possibilities presented before us.

Also...thank god the fragment barrier aspect is over.
  • You wanted Hailqas'an to wait for something that never happened? Cruel.
  • I mean, when the Tsol'teth have to propaganda their event posts to make it seem like they won, you know that things are bad on their end
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Aegoth said:
    I mean, when the Tsol'teth have to propaganda their event posts to make it seem like they won, you know that things are bad on their end
    Replace 'tsol'teth' with literally any faction and you have a basic counter-propaganda template, congrats

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."