Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• "Nope." Likely would have sufficed in response to Telinus' post.
  • Pic didn't upload.

• CyrCyr
    edited May 2019
    Doriel said:
    Cyr said:
    Doriel said:
    Makarios said:
    Morsul said:
    IMO this event kind of ruins the idea that the tsol'teth are a Big Bad of the Achaea story. Dry humour and negotiations? They've changed from being Saurons to being British.

If you're a fan of your LotR mythos, the Sauron comparrison is not a bad one at all...

The main trillogy is after all the hard work was already done, after all.

Yeah... the stakes in the main trilogy are laughably minuscule compared to everything else in the legendarium.
    The stakes are not actually that different to a huge portion of the history. The powers in play are fairly lesser though. 
    Morgoth: Ea (the universe)
    Sauron: one continent
    The only time Morgoth was effectively a threat to the universe was his first uprising until he was imprisoned. The second time, he was never effectively a threat to valinor despite causing great losses (in fact, he was allowed to flourish so much and so openly because of anger over the kinslaying). The first age ends with his defeat, and was 590 years. The second age was 3441 years, ended with the last alliance, and the primary evil was sauron (and men). The third age was 1421 years, and the primary evil was men, and at the end, sauron again. A huge portion of the history was the threat of evil oversetting the continent, and the lotr only deals with a specific instance of that, not at the height of that ones power even. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."

• Deathsight: (Essentially, we lost that round!)
    2019-05-10 02:34:41 - Elon was slain by Astarod.
    2019-05-10 02:34:42 - Tasus was slain by Argwin.
    2019-05-10 02:34:48 - Tasus was slain by Lenn.
    2019-05-10 02:34:52 - Elon was slain by Elon.
    2019-05-10 02:34:53 - Lenn was slain by Kuririn.
    2019-05-10 02:35:10 - Ellryn was slain by Eliana.
    2019-05-10 02:35:15 - Uvian was slain by Caetano.
    2019-05-10 02:35:20 - Uvian was slain by Eliana.
    2019-05-10 02:35:29 - Astarod was slain by Caetano.
    2019-05-10 02:35:31 - Astarod was slain by Argwin.
    2019-05-10 02:35:39 - Kuririn was slain by Elon.
    2019-05-10 02:35:42 - Kuririn was slain by Argwin.

We lose, however, are excited of the challenge presented to us, enjoying every moment (running back while bursting!), then:
    22:46:09 You cast your will out across the land, surveying all that stand within shadow's embrace.
    22:46:09 You sense Myrddin at The Crossroads.
    22:46:09 You sense Lenn at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Tasus at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Gattan'bahar at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Uvian at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Kuririn at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Hailqas'an at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Tiamat at The Prosperian Market of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Ellryn at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Caetano at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Eliana at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Morgenstern at (house) In a large four poster bed.
    22:46:09 You sense Zoktos at The Crossroads.
    22:46:09 You sense Elon at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You located 14 subjects.

Y'know, the people no one really wants to see anymore. I don't see how ruining balanced raids and presenting players with the choice to add "Coalition" (Overwhelming Numbers) or "Leave" is rewarding play. 

Seconds after: (Obviously weren't RPing with Hashani)
    22:51:32 (Party): You say, "Gattan'bahar is at A makeshift camp high in the mountains."
    22:51:35 (Party): You say, "Hailqas'an is at A makeshift camp high in the mountains."

I dunno, I just ask the admin that if you aren't adding meaningfully to the raid in some manner, and you can obviously see that the raid leader of the enemy city is holding soldiers back for fun play, that you don't trash their raid. I'd like to see more meaningful interactions than crashing raids for the admin's enjoyment, or RPS RP. 

Maybe that's just me. Thanks anyways.  
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Yeah, why didn't you want to roleplay with us? :(
  • I was all ready for round two, tsol'teth show up and be like "Nope!"  Boooooo, is this event supposed to be fun, or just tax our spirits?  If I want my soul crushed repeatedly I'll go pull 2 doubles in a row at work, just saying. 3:)
  • Jinos said:
    There's something that seems to be getting lost throughout these last few pages.

It really isn't the loss of Cyrene that is pushing some people to the brink. It can add to a good chunk of it. But it's the combination of things.

Loss of city, tide, unwinds. Rinse and repeat daily.

The prospect of playing a refugee sounds fun. And for the first few days it was an interesting aspect to log into... but when you add in everything else it becomes tiring. Fast.

If you're not unwinding, then you're fending off tide, and if you're not doing either you're trying to stay out of the way of those who are. Normally people would fall back to their city to not get in the way, or to just hang out, but without a base people are left to wander around. You don't feel like infesting another city because well... it's not your city, and you don't want to infringe on the narrative another place has going on. They need their own space.

And when you do have a moment to yourself once some things are clear -another area is full of tide again.

Sure. None of us has to clear the tide right away, but we also don't want to see every room full of it. It also doesn't fit the narrative of people who are trying to combat the tsol'teth to just let it seep freely.

Basically we're homeless custodians right now. Mopping up shit, trying to find an empty corner for a cig break, before we get back to mopping up the shit we just cleaned.

If it weren't for each other, and the awesome coordination for hitting tide within the Coaltion. We'd probably just... you know. I have no idea at this point. 

Astarod said:

Deathsight: (Essentially, we lost that round!)
    2019-05-10 02:34:41 - Elon was slain by Astarod.
    2019-05-10 02:34:42 - Tasus was slain by Argwin.
    2019-05-10 02:34:48 - Tasus was slain by Lenn.
    2019-05-10 02:34:52 - Elon was slain by Elon.
    2019-05-10 02:34:53 - Lenn was slain by Kuririn.
    2019-05-10 02:35:10 - Ellryn was slain by Eliana.
    2019-05-10 02:35:15 - Uvian was slain by Caetano.
    2019-05-10 02:35:20 - Uvian was slain by Eliana.
    2019-05-10 02:35:29 - Astarod was slain by Caetano.
    2019-05-10 02:35:31 - Astarod was slain by Argwin.
    2019-05-10 02:35:39 - Kuririn was slain by Elon.
    2019-05-10 02:35:42 - Kuririn was slain by Argwin.

We lose, however, are excited of the challenge presented to us, enjoying every moment (running back while bursting!), then:
    22:46:09 You cast your will out across the land, surveying all that stand within shadow's embrace.
    22:46:09 You sense Myrddin at The Crossroads.
    22:46:09 You sense Lenn at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Tasus at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Gattan'bahar at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Uvian at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Kuririn at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Hailqas'an at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Tiamat at The Prosperian Market of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Ellryn at An outdoor patio.
    22:46:09 You sense Caetano at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Eliana at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You sense Morgenstern at (house) In a large four poster bed.
    22:46:09 You sense Zoktos at The Crossroads.
    22:46:09 You sense Elon at The People's Bank of Hashan.
    22:46:09 You located 14 subjects.

Y'know, the people no one really wants to see anymore. I don't see how ruining balanced raids and presenting players with the choice to add "Coalition" (Overwhelming Numbers) or "Leave" is rewarding play. 

Seconds after: (Obviously weren't RPing with Hashani)
    22:51:32 (Party): You say, "Gattan'bahar is at A makeshift camp high in the mountains."
    22:51:35 (Party): You say, "Hailqas'an is at A makeshift camp high in the mountains."

I dunno, I just ask the admin that if you aren't adding meaningfully to the raid in some manner, and you can obviously see that the raid leader of the enemy city is holding soldiers back for fun play, that you don't trash their raid. I'd like to see more meaningful interactions than crashing raids for the admin's enjoyment, or RPS RP. 

Maybe that's just me. Thanks anyways.  
    Related image

• @Asmodron

Was there a point to your post? Or were you just bored? You can use your words you know.  =)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • Jinos said:
    @Asmodron

Was there a point to your post? Or were you just bored? You can use your words you know.  =)
    Don’t tempt him....
  • Jinos said:
    @Asmodron

There was much and more.

This leaf is delicious. It represents eleusis
  • The crackle of lightning accompanies Druid Athelas Na'Oak's voice as he shouts, "You've not found any in Eleusis that are worthy, because you are not worthy of our consideration, until you see fit to learn the concepts and variables I've mentioned."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "What."

Hailqas'an shouts, "We know humour. We find humour in your attempted bolstering."

I laughed too hard at this. I love mob shouts.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Asmodron said:
    The crackle of lightning accompanies Druid Athelas Na'Oak's voice as he shouts, "You've not found any in Eleusis that are worthy, because you are not worthy of our consideration, until you see fit to learn the concepts and variables I've mentioned."

Telen, an irascible drunkard shouts, "What."

Hailqas'an shouts, "We know humour. We find humour in your attempted bolstering."

I laughed too hard at this. I love mob shouts.

I know Hailqas'an's sense of humor. She grinned before she took me into the wilderness and killed me that one time and then piked my head.

...She and Jir actually have pretty similar senses of humor in that respect.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited May 2019
    Hailqas’an engaging in that idiotic shouting match with the gallery for such a long time is her biggest sign of instability yet.

• Primal terror is all you know as the indomitable tones of The Dark Hate thunder throughout Creation, "The subjects of Tezlari-tarin have one month to comply. Cease your defiance, adhere to our demands, or face the consequences."

Amaranthine currents surge with renewed vigour as the Fulcrum's words ring out across Sapience.

• They're gonna leave a brick on the tide pedal and jump out
  • On the Prelatorian Highway. (road)
    An ominous creep of amaranthine vapour pervades, its shifting tendrils seeking and spreading across
    the ground. Rain pours down from the sky, the dawn's light filtering dimly through the cloud cover. 
    A large muddy ditch floods the road with dirty water. There are 2 goblinoid soldier here. There are 
    2 goldenseal roots in 2 groups here. There are 2 pieces of irid moss in a group here. There are 2 
    pieces of kelp in 2 groups here. A forked ginseng root has been dropped here. There are 2 bloodroot 
    leaves in 2 groups here. A skullcap flower lies here.
    You see exits leading northeast and south.
    As you enter the influence of the Tide, you are overcome with a deeply unsettling feeling to your
    core.
    H:6601 M:4945 100|99 36% <cb exv> [Beetle] [] 
    Sneering at you in disgust, a goblinoid soldier plunges his spear deep into your arm.
    A goblinoid soldier swings his leg around with astonishing speed, knocking you off your feet.
    (-3991h, 60.5%) H:2610 M:4945 100|99 36% <cb ev> [Beetle] [] [bld(214)]
    Rearing back, a goblinoid soldier spits a stream of putrid, slimy goo in your eyes.
    Rearing back, a goblinoid soldier spits a stream of putrid, slimy goo in your eyes.
    You have been slain by a goblinoid soldier.
    A blue ink falls out of your inventory. (0.349s)
    (p) 

(svof): We died.
    (-2610h, 39.5%) H:0 M:4765 99|99 34% < exv> [Beetle] [] 
    You are dead and cannot do that.

So.

Why the fuck did I just get attacked 4 times for just entering a room for less than a second?
  • Looks like twice by 2 goblins
  • Yes, but again.

Why are enemies double-tapping for walking into the room.
  • Because you need to learn what true defeat feels like
  • Because it's desired that everyone shares the joys and wonders of this event, in every possible detail.  ;)
  • So this event is about interacting with denizens, right? 
    Because they don't seem responsive.
  • This event stopped being fun for me when I stopped being able to beat my spawns.  :/
  • Paux said:
    So this event is about interacting with denizens, right? 
    Sorry for the rant. Now that saner heads have prevailed, I'd like to finish it.

It is frustrating getting flak for being Hashani when I didn't decide to join the Tsol'teth; moreso trying to RP someone who seeks knowledge, mysteries, and truth in a city that also has no idea why they joined the Tsol'teth and has no guidance on what one should be doing for the event, and they act like everything is fine. 

So I spent a few hours reading up on it so I could participate, only to be excluded due to my citizenship. So I tried solving things myself through talking to uncaring denizens. 

My playtime is limited, so this will probably end up being the most I can do this week, so it feels bad. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2019
    As with most things regarding interaction, it kind of depends who you are approaching. Its likely that some people really don't know or have no idea, while some others have some idea, whether personal or otherwise, and yet others know for a fact why the decision was made. Its just a matter of finding someone from the latter two groups.

Personally never liked people flat-out refusing to interact with someone just because they are of X city, specially if said someone is a novice.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Paux said:
    Paux said:

It is frustrating getting flak for being Hashani when I didn't decide to join the Tsol'teth; moreso trying to RP someone who seeks knowledge, mysteries, and truth in a city that also has no idea why they joined the Tsol'teth and has no guidance on what one should be doing for the event, and they act like everything is fine. 

So I spent a few hours reading up on it so I could participate, only to be excluded due to my citizenship. So I tried solving things myself through talking to uncaring denizens. 

My playtime is limited, so this will probably end up being the most I can do this week, so it feels bad. 
    I recall when you appeared on CT asking about it. Several of us were online at the time and responded. You then replied that you had to be off, so we assumed you'd come back later.

I'm guessing you signed in again when either those people were not around...or asked someone that legitimately had no idea...

Not sure what to tell you, but i'd suggest asking and speaking with the leadership itself listed in the HELP scroll if you have inquiries about the decision.
  • Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:

I recall when you appeared on CT asking about it. Several of us were online at the time and responded. You then replied that you had to be off, so we assumed you'd come back later.

I'm guessing you signed in again when either those people were not around...or asked someone that legitimately had no idea...

Not sure what to tell you, but i'd suggest asking and speaking with the leadership itself listed in the HELP scroll if you have inquiries about the decision.
    The fact you guys didn't post anything to your news to guide your people is both amusing and unsurprising. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Paux, I’m sorry I gave you the short answer when you asked me why targ allied with the tsol’teth. I didn’t realize you were trying to catch up with the situation. I thought it was gonna be another ‘wtf were you guys thinking you traitors’ kind of conversation which I’ve heard my fill of at this point. 

• Astarod said:
    Asmodron said:
    Paux said:
    Paux said:

The fact you guys didn't post anything to your news to guide your people is both amusing and unsurprising. 
    They probably did, but potentially the information being sought was above what people want to throw into novice clan/city news. Some stuff I don’t want some rando alt to grab and then run back to their main’s city, so I am not posting every one of mine nor Mhaldor’s machinations to news like a blog...

Nor to shouts, either :P