Svof

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Keneanung said:
    @Shirszae not really, since svof tries to keep priorities in sync. What bothers you about priority handling in svof?
    Mostly just the way that you have to click a lot of arrows up and down on each list. Unlike serverside, where you can just, for example, CURING PRIORITY <aff> <priority>

Granted, I never really learned if there was a way to do something similar in svof.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited November 2016
    you mean like
    -- move it to 5 on the sip balance
    vset wristfractures sip 5
    -- move it to 5 on the aeon/retardation priority
    vset wristfractures_sip slowcuring 5
    http://svof.github.io/svof/#moving-individual-priorities
    Keneanung said:
    you mean like
    -- move it to 5 on the sip balance
    vset wristfractures sip 5
    -- move it to 5 on the aeon/retardation priority
    vset wristfractures_sip slowcuring 5
    http://svof.github.io/svof/#moving-individual-priorities
    Lovely. Thanks a ton!

• So SVOF won't install. It installed fine on my Windows 10 desktop, but now I am trying to install it on my Windows 10 laptop and it won't work. I click package manager, install, then select the zip in my downloads folder and it pops up a window for a brief second saying something about unpackaging (dont know exactly, the window flashes too quickly) then nothing happens, it doesnt install any packages. I tried using Mudlet 2.1 and 3.0, also tried running as admin to the same ends. Tried importing through the triggers window and it just crashes mudlet.  Any ideas?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    This happens every once in a while, and is usually an issue with antivirus software.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    That happened in Lachlan's laptop. I ended up having to exit, run as administrator and disable Antivirus (for just a few seconds) and it installed.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I just added the second testing release of the Depthswalker additions. It holds version 24.3, because I forgot to include something into the 24.2 when I created the release package :(

Depthswalkers may now:
    - add hiding to their defup/keepup
    - experience a smoother experience with shadowcloak and gaiartha defenses
    - use the age tracking with AI turned on

All other classes benefit from:
    - Doom warning messages (including if it was boosted or not)
    - paradox triggers free of debugging echoes
    - paradox tracking with AI turned on

If no showstoppers turn up, this version will be released 1st December.
  • I'll find the broken bits for you, Keneanung. :D
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I have issues with word balance on defup 
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/uZUYQix9
  • That's a server side issue. Best to let svo put up word defenses (vshow server)
  • That looks like server side defense prio spam, not svo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • You mean the thing I had to toggle to stop double sipping? :(
  • Has at least one of you filed bugs for those? The one defence I have from Augmentation got fixed pretty quickly when I bugged it.
  • I haven't yet as I only noticed it yesterday and didn't have time to bug it.
  • I sent a log of word balance not being checked by defup to @Makarios

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2016

This release brings the support of the new Depthswalker class. This release will show and track the depthswalker afflictions, adds a new depthswalker class package with class specific defences and prompt tags as well as some misc changes.

Because new afflictions were added, you should have a close look at the current priorities. All new afflictions should be relatively high on the priority list. Those using the default priorities should use "vupdate prios" to get the new order.

When changing to the depthswalker class packages you should:

• have a look at "vshow server" when using server-side curing. The new defences are handled by svof AND server side by default, which results in double usage. I personally kept blur and the word defences on client side (toggle those off and on), the rest went to server-side.
    • set their defences defup and keepup (of course)
    • add @wordbal and @age to the custom prompt

There are some things that got pushed to the upcoming release:

• paradox tracking is relatively prone to illusions
    • paradox tracking doesn't catch instances where paradox carries over logout/login
    • add paradox curing strategy
    • Narrow down some basic anti-illusion for age tracking
    • add a "med" equivalent for dilation
    • add lyre equivalent for Kail
    • add highlight for chrono distort similar to gravehands
    • add a warning for sever

This release wouldn't be possible as it is without @Ahmet (coding), @Kasa (showing things) and @Zulah (showing things)

Full Changelog

Merged pull requests:

• Add an additional line to the experience bonus #249 (@Keneanung )
    • Put conditional compiling around shroud sstosvod to avoid gmcp erroring out #246 (@Keneanung )
    • Update dev readme adding affs - need to add to generic #242 (@Vadimuses )
    • Add defensive support against depthswalker #241 (@Keneanung )
    • Add depthswalker class package and defenses #239 (@Keneanung )
    • Bugfix: activate riding/selfishness in the enchanter only if it was up before #237 (@Keneanung )
    • Improvement: use GMCP instead of QL to request room content #236 (@Keneanung )
    ETA: Those that used the testing release, but didn't feel comfortable doing so can safely switch back to the "stable" channel after the update.
  • @Keneanung

Apparently, the new update sets all the DW affs to serverside ignore, then tries to cure them system-side and eats goldenseal, etc. while off herb bal constantly
  • Aegoth said:
    @Keneanung

Apparently, the new update sets all the DW affs to serverside ignore, then tries to cure them system-side and eats goldenseal, etc. while off herb bal constantly
    happened for me on the test version you gotta deactivate and reactiviate server curing. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
    @Aegoth 'vshow server'.
    Huh. Neat.
  • So I just bought an HP Laptop and I was trying to get SVOF installed. At first I couldn't get anything to work, with a little searching around I found that it was due to my anti-virus, so I removed McAffe and I got SVOF 23 to install. When I tried to upgrade to 24 it would crash mudlet. I made a new profile and got 24 to install fine and when I tried upgrading to 25 it crashed mudlet again. What I have figured out is that using SVOFs upgrader thing wrecks the profile, once I try to upgrade Mudlet crashes and when I go back in nothing is installed save for the packages that come with a new profile and trying to install anything new crashes mudlet. When I make a new profile I can install SVOF again. Any ideas as to what is wrong?
    Out of curiosity, how's the prefercustom curing method supposed to work? I did configure it as it says to do, and picked what I wanted to use, but so far as I see it just never does. It either just always uses minerals or always uses herbs.

• Shirszae said:
    Out of curiosity, how's the prefercustom curing method supposed to work? I did configure it as it says to do, and picked what I wanted to use, but so far as I see it just never does. It either just always uses minerals or always uses herbs.

Do you have serverside curing turned on as well? Serverside only allows one or the other, not a mixture of both, so using prefercustom is meaningless if you're also letting svo hand off affliction curing to serverside.
  • So just kind of an update to my previous post in case anyone else runs into the same issue. It appears iota just didn't like the laptop. I uninstalled and went back to epsilon and everything worked great.
  • Would be interested to know why, haven't seen anyone else mention this
  • @Vadimuses @Jacen mentioned this on the mudlet forums in the feedback thread.
  • I just uploaded the preview for svof version 26, named Version 25.2 (I messed up the 25.1...) to the "testing" channel. This contains:
    - Highlights for Chrono Distort
    - A warning for Shadow Sever
    - Lyre mode for Depthswalkers
    - "med" equivalent for dilation
    - Bleed tracking through gmcp

Other changes originally scheduled for this version are postponed to the next.
    I also attempted to fix the morphing issues, but I was unable to catch any Metamorphosis users to test, so it needs to be in the next release...

This will probably the last thing you see from me this year. I'll pop in every now and then and try to answer questions or ship bugfixes, but I'll be on holiday shortly after Christmas, where I don't know how much internet is available. This also means that the stable release may or may not be on time, depending on the same thing.

Merry Christmas to you all and stay safe.
  • edited December 2016
    Hi @Keneanung, any idea if this a bug?  
    I'm either curing random kelp affs over paralysis or it's still prioritizing parasite for some reason. Serverside curing is on.

My prios : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4q1oh6oY

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    @Exelethril that happens when you mix serverside and svo curing. Type 'vshow server' and untick all the depthswalker afflictions so that serverside handles those too.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited December 2016
    Didn't know 'vshow server' existed, thanks man

Edit : I'm not sure if this error is messing with my salve prios as well, welp, more testing

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited December 2016
    Does anyone happen to know why deffing up fails at times? I had to apply mass/smoke skullcap/touch cloak manually before I could keep riding up.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/PXy2cC-k

I've tried doing "tn keepup" / "tf a" and "tn a"

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]