Priest Classleads

edited September 2013 in North of Thera

Because the Paladin one went so well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCE NEWS #3937 (09/12/2013 at 01:47)
To : Everyone
Subject: Priest Classlead Changes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're pleased to announce the release of our Priest classlead report! You'll
find some exciting new changes that will help balance the offensive and
defensive aspects of the class. The details of the changes are as follows:

Spirituality
------------
* CHASTEN - Amnesia has been replaced with weariness in the affliction pool.
* SPIRITWRACK - Disloyalty has been replaced with masochism in the affliction
pool.
* SPIRITWRACK now informs the priest when and what it afflicts with.
* STRIP will now always strip the shield defence if present (also applies to
Baalzadeens).
* SAP now respects the shield defence.

Devotion
--------
* INSPIRATION now has a reduced devotion cost.
* RECLAIM has been added, allowing a priest's rites to be dissolved and some
devotion restored.
* INQUISITION will now allow ABSOLVE to work at a higher total mana percentage.
* ILLUMINATE has been added, allowing new functionality for Priests and
Paladins.

Healing
-------
* A balance has been introduced for using HEALing abilities. This cost varies
depending on the target of the action.
* LASH has been added, allowing a new offensive aspect to the healing skill.
* DISRUPT has been added, employing elemental and spirit channels to hinder your
foe.
* BEDEVIL has been reworked, allowing a priest to sacrifice his or her healing
abilities to inundate their attackers with afflictions.

As always, we'll be monitoring these changes closely, and we may make further
adjustments as necessary. If you encounter anything out of the ordinary, please
file a BUG with as much information as possible.

Penned by My hand on the 17th of Aeguary, in the year 635 AF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How exactly does Inquisition now interact with Absolve?

What is the balance/eq cost on Heal?

How does Lash work, and what is the balance/eq cost of it?

Is Disrupt an area attack?

How does Bedevil work?

Also any opinions on the Priest classleads can go here, as not to spam the other threads.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Any chance you could post the full Announce here?

ETA: Thanks :)

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Looks like Apostate just keeps getting buffed every classlead. I approve!
  • the shield thing will help a lot, but how big of a percent difference dose inquisition work for absolve???
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    basically don't use mana

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Wow, a class that can instakill at 60% mana now has offensive skills designed to drain mana fast :(
    "To thine own self be true."
  • edited September 2013
    Because no other class has an offense that's designed to work towards killing you... I haven't seen numbers but I'm not overly worried yet. Of course Paladin vs Priest isn't a great match up for testing it.
  • It just seems like it "works towards killing you" pretty damn quick
    "To thine own self be true."
  • What do you mean when you say disrupt gives afflictions that hit your mana based on your actions? Seems like with piety, new Healing balance (I assume you can use it off eq/balance if it has its own balance) spiritwrack/chasten and inquisition this is a pretty cool change.
  • The 60% mana is only in play if you have the inquisition affliction. As it stood there was no real "milestone" for priests achieving an absolve (or to borrow something said when occultists went in, no window of opportunity). That particular change was to try to rectify that. Whether it works in live practice we'll have to wait and see.
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    edited September 2013
    Keep in mind that the eq time on inquisition is still fairly long, even with a diadem and quick-witted, so its not like its an automatic thing.

Edit: I'd also like to say "Congratulations" to @vadimuses for calling this one. Lol.
  • It just seems like it "works towards killing you" pretty damn quick

Have you fought a single priest with these changes implemented yet? If not I'm not sure you can say it seems like anything.
  • The changes sound cool and definitely go in the right direction. I still don't think they go even close to making priests killable though.
  • double passive healing still in place and the ability to cure any single affliction if you have healing balance?  Still unlockable.

I could be wrong though, maybe being off eq/bal or afflicted with something stops healing, but not that I can tell from the announce post.

Offense looks fun though.
  • I think sleep will stop that after a lock. 
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Jhui said:
    double passive healing still in place and the ability to cure any single affliction if you have healing balance?  Still unlockable.

I could be wrong though, maybe being off eq/bal or afflicted with something stops healing, but not that I can tell from the announce post.

You obviously didn't know how healing worked.  Because your post on healing is wrong about then and now.  I'm not going to share the details.  Priests already know how it works.
  • Clear solution: Give priests mace tremololol.

• Being off bal/eq still stops the heal ability, hasn't changed.

@Makarios  Just wondering.  Aedin and I were playing around with reclaim a bit last night and it seemed I was getting back a little more devo then he was.  Is the time left on the rites what that is based off of?  I have a fork he doesn't.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2013
    Mace DSL would also be acceptable.

8->

To answer a question earlier, healing balance depends on what you're healing. Some (very few) require no balance, while others (healing insomnia) take about 3 seconds, and there's more in-between.

Mana cost is still there for healing anything, as well. I can definitely assure you, priests won't be curing off everything you're throwing at them, especially with the bedevil defense up. Angel care definitely just got more important.

A question for @Makarios: Since strip now targets shield first anyway, could it be possible to be able to be used on denizens, as well? Obviously, it would just strip their shield, and fail otherwise.

Overall, I'm loving the classleads, although I am extremely thankful I live with a lua-savvy boyfriend. This is gonna take some work! :)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Carmell: yes.

@Melodie: probably not on strip, but something to classlead maybe when they open up.

• No changes for the mace damage? kind of surprised

Goggo said:
    No changes for the mace damage? kind of surprised
    No we are still going to have to go for absolve kills.   I kind of was hoping we'd get a little more variety.
  • Carmell said:
    Jhui said:
    double passive healing still in place and the ability to cure any single affliction if you have healing balance?  Still unlockable.

You obviously didn't know how healing worked.  Because your post on healing is wrong about then and now.  I'm not going to share the details.  Priests already know how it works.
    Pretty sure he was talking about angel care and rite of healing when he said 'double passive healing'.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited September 2013
    I was a little surprised about no chances to mace/smite, as well. I was hoping that it'd get upped a bit, or strength might play more of a role, or something.

As is, it seems hard to even pick a stat to focus on, since strength effects smite so little, and intelligence would mainly be for a bigger mana pool and purity only. So really, I'm better off focusing on con and buying like, a level 1 sash/gauntlets at best, and not for ages.

But eh. I guess we'll see. I kind of wish prepping limbs was more viable, but that's just me.

Edit: Clarification.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby